Blackout2021

Blackout2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
I got a call from the shop yesterday that they found the issue and repaired it. Where the spot welds are located along the side of the rear window there was rough area/burr that left a small gap in the panel seam. They wanted to let the window and seam sealant cure so I was supposed to pick up the car today.

Unfortunately when I went in I found they have managed to put several scratches in the bumper. Their glass company also over did it on sealant along the bottom of the window and the rubber strip along the bottom no longer fits because gobs of urethane sealant are in the way.

Now I get to wait for the glass company to come back out and redo the window and I get to redo it the ceramic coating on the bumper after the scratches get polished out.

Not a happy camper!
I hate to hear that. I had to get the dealer on mine twice but all seams good now. Before you leave the dealership when they are done with it make them put it to a hose test while you are watching, that is what i had to do before I left the second time. Are they going to reimburse you for the coating?
Sponsored

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer XLT
Just a final update. The body shop polished out the scratches and reset the glass. Everything looks ok now. I had to reattach some of the trim that they didn’t install properly and it took several hours to detail the car back to my standards. I didn’t push on the ceramic as I just wanted the car out of their shop. I’ll call the shop that did the coating and just eat the $.