Sponsored

2021 GT Manual Transmission Stage 2 Roush supercharger ,active exhaust , rev match.

cs2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
fred
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2021 GT and just added a Stage 2 Roush supercharger. It appears the new ecm programming greatly effects the active exhaust and rev match. The car no longer has the aggressive exhaust . Downs shifting no longer has the quick throttle snaps . It sounds more like downshifting a dump truck . The active exhaust also seems effected holding it in low gear and revving no long has the awesome aggressive exhaust sounds . Is this typical ? Went from an awesome aggressive sound beast to a WTF is this. Thanks Robert
Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I have the A10 but my exhaust is a beast. Super aggressive. Downshifts explode. You can hear my car in the next county. Maybe it's a Manual thing?

OP
OP

cs2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
fred
Vehicle(s)
I have the A10 but my exhaust is a beast. Super aggressive. Downshifts explode. You can hear my car in the next county. Maybe it's a Manual thing?
Its definitely no where as aggressive as when it was not supercharged. It definitely pulls alot harder and effortlessly compare to before. I loved the sound of it previously its like they messed active exhaust and rev match . Rev match now hangs where it was a quick throttle snap.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Its definitely no where as aggressive as when it was not supercharged. It definitely pulls alot harder and effortlessly compare to before. I loved the sound of it previously its like they messed active exhaust and rev match . Rev match now hangs where it was a quick throttle snap.
Most likely something with the tune then. Need to have another 2021 manual chime in to see if theirs is the same.

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I can't comment as to what my car sounded like b4 the SC as it has always been that way. But honestly, I can't imagine anything more loud and aggressive sounding.
Except maybe a dinosaur.

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT: PP1: 300A: Lightning Blue
I have a 2021 GT and just added a Stage 2 Roush supercharger. It appears the new ecm programming greatly effects the active exhaust and rev match. The car no longer has the aggressive exhaust . Downs shifting no longer has the quick throttle snaps . It sounds more like downshifting a dump truck . The active exhaust also seems effected holding it in low gear and revving no long has the awesome aggressive exhaust sounds . Is this typical ? Went from an awesome aggressive sound beast to a WTF is this. Thanks Robert

Have you tried resetting the pcm (unplug battery for 30 mins) since the install? If there’s old data stored in there from the previous setup it has to be removed. For 10r80’s, there’s also an adaptive trans learning process to run thru after the reset. I’d imagine something similar for manuals too.

I love the Roush setup, but the tune just sucks. They left a lot on the table in this area. If you want the most out of the Roush kit, get an aftermarket tune.

OP
OP

cs2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
fred
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried resetting the pcm (unplug battery for 30 mins) since the install? If there’s old data stored in there from the previous setup it has to be removed. For 10r80’s, there’s also an adaptive trans learning process to run thru after the reset. I’d imagine something similar for manuals too.

I love the Roush setup, but the tune just sucks. They left a lot on the table in this area. If you want the most out of the Roush kit, get an aftermarket tune.
So your suggesting Kam reset . One would think they would have done this for the ecm to relearn the vehicle

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
So your suggesting Kam reset . One would think they would have done this for the ecm to relearn the vehicle
Yes, you would. You would also think that my 23 yo stepson, who works at a dealership,, would remember to take trash bins out every Thursday for the past 10 years... Yet I still have to double check in the am.

All I’m saying is it takes a 10mm socket and 30 mins. Some people are unaware they can do it on their own before heading to the dealer, so it’s worth a mention. Maybe you’ll get lucky

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Yes, you would. You would also think that my 23 yo stepson, who works at a dealership,, would remember to take trash bins out every Thursday for the past 10 years... Yet I still have to double check in the am.

All I’m saying is it takes a 10mm socket and 30 mins. Some people are unaware they can do it on their own before heading to the dealer, so it’s worth a mention. Maybe you’ll get lucky
I guess I shouldn’t feel so bad then since my 16 year old stepson can’t remember either!

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
When I put a Whipple on my '19 Bullitt the exhaust changed to a deeper and better sound. Nothing like what you are describing. Very odd.

OP
OP

cs2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
fred
Vehicle(s)

Didn't change it . I might try it with my scan tool as well.

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Didn't change it . I might try it with my scan tool as well.
Bummer, did you happen to upgrade your exhaust with the kit, or stay stock?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
What about the Roush tune sucks? Are you just saying that more performance can be obtained with a custom tune or do you have other complaints?

While I am sure additional performance can be had with additional risk, I find the latest Roush tune to be exceptionally good. Perfect driveablity, excellent A10 behavior, totally consistent performance.

It seems they screwed the pooch on the 2021s but I do not hear any complaints about 2018-2020s.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
What about the Roush tune sucks? Are you just saying that more performance can be obtained with a custom tune or do you have other complaints?

While I am sure additional performance can be had with additional risk, I find the latest Roush tune to be exceptionally good. Perfect driveablity, excellent A10 behavior, totally consistent performance.

It seems they screwed the pooch on the 2021s but I do not hear any complaints about 2018-2020s.
I don't think they 'screwed the pooch', exactly. They just weren't fully ready at release. But I think, now, my Tune is top flight and buttoned down. I've had many chargers or cameros try to take me on the Hwy only to choke on my dust.
Sponsored