Vehicle Showcase

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Launch effective 4th January 2021. First deliveries to UK/EU dealers as of end of March 2021.

Deletion of Ecoboost
Deletion of 55 Edition
Deletion of Bullitt
Introduction of Mach 1
I know this is a Mach 1 thread, but EU no longer gets the EcoBoost Mustang, GTs or Mach 1s only? Lind of strange with their eco-centric governments.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
There is a topic here about it from June. Most probably it's because of lower sales, people want the V8 and don't care about EU emissions crap.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I know this is a Mach 1 thread, but EU no longer gets the EcoBoost Mustang, GTs or Mach 1s only? Lind of strange with their eco-centric governments.
The cancellation of the EcoBoost Mustang was a decision by Ford Europe themselves. It only sold well in certain smaller countries with sky high CO2 emission based taxes and even there sales were dwindling. In the major markets like the UK and Germany the GT has had a sales mix percentage of over 80% from the get go. Which is actually even significantly higher than in the US. With the arrival of the new WLTP emissions testing method (which disadvantages turbo engines) Ford Europe decided to no longer invest in homologating the EcoBoost, because the new CO2 value was so high it would become unsalable. Funny enough the NA GT's emissions are actually about 10 grams lower under the new WLTP method.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3(8V)
Does anyone know if it will be possible to get a Mach 1 in the UK with the US wheels and rear spoiler? I think the US options look so much meaner!

Also is there any reason behind the white tail lights compared the US's red ones? The white ones remind me of a 90's 318ti :/

Thanks in advance
Compare.JPG

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
Does anyone know if it will be possible to get a Mach 1 in the UK with the US wheels and rear spoiler? I think the US options look so much meaner!

Also is there any reason behind the white tail lights compared the US's red ones? The white ones remind me of a 90's 318ti :/

Thanks in advance
Compare.JPG
No, you can't order one with the handling pack. The only options for the UK car are paint (two exclusive colours being Grabber Yellow and Fighter Jet Gray with the appearance package, plus five standard colours), Recaro seats and an optional Y spoke alloy. Check out the configurator on the Ford UK site. https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/price-a...-CZG-2021-MustangGBR202150&series=ACMRR_VS-JZ
You can buy the spoiler, splitter and so on, on the aftermarket. UK vendor Nemesis is looking to stock all the handling pack items for UK customers.

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Seriously tempted to pull the trigger on a Mach 1.

Shame we don't get all the options in the UK but as it says above most will be available through the aftermarket.

Will definitely need lowering springs and spacers though.
Sponsored