FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Think ICE engines will gain value or tank when the mustang coupes become electrified? and no longer sell ICE

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150
Think ICE engines will gain value or tank when the mustang coupes become electrified? and no longer sell ICE
Depends what happens with fuel pricing / availability and ICE legality in the long run. In the short term, I could see some value increases for ICE, but in the (perhaps very) long run, the value will drop off rapidly as ICE gets relegated to off-road / racetrack use only.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The difference in pricing between now and when I bought my '15 is somewhat astonishing. The PP1 option alone - $2,495 then versus $5,195 now. That's ludicrous, given that the package hasn't changed.

I feel like there's going to be a reckoning in the business soon, as new vehicle prices keep spiraling upward while incomes do not by any stretch of the imagination....

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I was a Buick car salesman during 90s. They had what they called "one price". Older people loved that system of buying. Plus the cars were a good value package.

Rumors were that was what GM wanted. Get rid of the dealership crap. Auto marts.

Sponsored

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The only car I have ever bought where I got anywhere near 20% off was the Mustang. Perhaps having the option of negotiating 20% off is an American car thing where MSRPs re inflated.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Over here fixed pricing is the norm. Some people like to think they are haggling and getting a better deal, but in essence all they can get is a free set of floor mats, or a free annual check-up, or a free two-year extended warranty, or some trifle like that. There's no way you can see a car wearing a 50K euro label in the showroom and take it home for 39K. That would make a great subject for a science fiction book.
I wanted a Mustang, I went to the nearest dealer to order one, they told me the price, I had the option to take it or leave it. End of story. They will give me a free set of rubber floor mats though, when they have them in stock. :cwl:
Cars are getting more and more expensive as time goes by. If you listen carefully you can almost hear their prices grow. Whether there's a direct relationship between this explosive inflation and the fixed price model, I don't know.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Anyway back to the topic at hand, considering all the extra tech you get as standard on a 2021 it is actually cheaper than a 2020 with the same stuff.

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Anyway back to the topic at hand, considering all the extra tech you get as standard on a 2021 it is actually cheaper than a 2020 with the same stuff.
What extra tech are you getting standard that was optional?

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
What extra tech are you getting standard that was optional?
Per the linked article: " It’s important to note, however, that all 2021 Mustang models are now equipped as standard with the Ford Co-Pilot360 family of safety systems, which means customers will enjoy automatic high beams, blind-spot monitoring, lane-keep assist, pre-collision assist with automatic emergency braking, and more."

I think that was a $1000 package this year. On my 2018 all those features were included on the "Safe and Smart" package. In addition to those items above, the MY18 Safe and Smart package also includes rear cross traffic alert, pedestrian detection, rain sensing wipers, driver memory feature, sideview mirror and ambient lighting, and adaptive cruise (which works well in the Mustang, IMO). I'm not sure if all those are also included as standard in 2021.

The price increase is inline with inflation, no surprises here. Like someone else said - factoring in the extra tech., the prices are actually cheaper comparably equipped.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Guess you dont follow the news? California and now New Jersey have passed laws that by 2035 no new gas engine sales will be allowed. VW ( one of the worlds largest aut makers)has all ready said they wont make a single gas engine after 2026 and hondas on their way as well. its gonna happen sooner then later whether we like it or not. plus now what 4 car companies have dropped gas engine race development?

But this is not what the thread topic is about so lets no derail it.
The CA thing was a Governor mandate. Not a law passed by the California Legislature. While I wouldn't doubt it could become law in CA considering other laws it has passed, I doubt CA would have the infrastructure to support that many EVs by 2035.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
The difference in pricing between now and when I bought my '15 is somewhat astonishing. The PP1 option alone - $2,495 then versus $5,195 now. That's ludicrous, given that the package hasn't changed.

I feel like there's going to be a reckoning in the business soon, as new vehicle prices keep spiraling upward while incomes do not by any stretch of the imagination....
That problem has already been solved, by smart bankers and stupid customers. Can’t afford the new car because you don’t make much money? Great news here’s a 72 month loan! Oh you still don’t qualify? How does 84 months sound! We’ll be seeing 10+ year auto loans pretty soon.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
That problem has already been solved, by smart bankers and stupid customers. Can’t afford the new car because you don’t make much money? Great news here’s a 72 month loan! Oh you still don’t qualify? How does 84 months sound! We’ll be seeing 10+ year auto loans pretty soon.
I have heard about 96 month car loans - 8 years! Crazy. 72 months (6 years) is pretty commonplace now.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I think that was a $1000 package this year. On my 2018 all those features were included on the "Safe and Smart" package. In addition to those items above, the MY18 Safe and Smart package also includes rear cross traffic alert, pedestrian detection, rain sensing wipers, driver memory feature, sideview mirror and ambient lighting, and adaptive cruise (which works well in the Mustang, IMO). I'm not sure if all those are also included as standard in 2021.
Just FYI, the current Safe & Smart consists of Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking, Auto High Beam headlamps, Lane-Keeping Alert, Adaptive Cruise Control and rain sensing wipers. The rear cross traffic alert was part of BLIS (201A/401A). Driver memory, and ambient lighting were part of a premium package.

For 2021 adaptive cruise is not part of Co-Pilot360 and is now partnered with Nav but still called Safe & Smart. No idea why.
Sponsored