Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I was looking for a way to make my Sync3 have wireless Apple Carplay and this module came highly recommended. I have had it for a week and it has worked flawlessly. I made this short video to show installation and how long it takes to connect.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That’s nigh on identical to my CarPlay2Air adapter :like:

I clocked your time at about 32 seconds from hitting the start button to full boot up and connection, my CarPlay2Air ranges between 30 and 35.

They are useful little things aren’t they ? :sunglasses:

I’ve had mine in for about 8 months now and it hasn’t faulted once - only other comparison I have is too my other half’s Kia where the OE wireless CarPlay will kick you out about once per drive (but instantly reconnects without actually interrupting any audio or sat nav).

WD :like:

OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
That’s nigh on identical to my CarPlay2Air adapter :like:

I clocked your time at about 32 seconds from hitting the start button to full boot up and connection, my CarPlay2Air ranges between 30 and 35.

They are useful little things aren’t they ? :sunglasses:

I’ve had mine in for about 8 months now and it hasn’t faulted once - only other comparison I have is too my other half’s Kia where the OE wireless CarPlay will kick you out about once per drive (but instantly reconnects without actually interrupting any audio or sat nav).

You really can’t count boot up time. The videos I watched on the carlinkit 2.0 also timed from after the initial boot up and were over 20 seconds. I have not seen the carplay2air. Sounds like it is better. In my last car that had apple CarPlay built in it only took about 3-5 seconds after initial boot up to connect (about 20-25 seconds from hitting start) so this method is not far off from the built in. Definitely makes it a better experience. Now I don’t miss the system in my Mini JCW as much.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think the CarPlay2Air is any better, I would hazard a guess that inside the box they are the same, if not very, very similar ... lol

Here’s a video I did when I first installed it :

Sponsored