Sponsored

2021 Camaro LT1 6-speed or 2021 Mustang GT Base 6-speed?

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
What do you mean why? My wife's mini van has 235's.
I was getting my sizes mixed up, nothing in Australia comes with that size 👍🏻
Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

Chevy did the Camaro no favors with that new front end. That disaster they've got going on up front is an afterthought amongst afterthoughts. It may well be a better performer than the Mustang, but it also needs to look good when I have to see it in my garage every day. I had a 2011, and it was a big rolling blind spot. Don't miss it at all, especially since a Mustang replaced it.

Airport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’ve owned a 2013 SS Camaro and a 2019 GT at the same time. The Mustang has always been a pleasure to drive. Rear vision out of the Camaro was not good. The DOD (displacement on demand) on the Camaro failed and was expensive to repair. I sold it. I’ve had zero problems with the GT. The Camaro will hold its value very well in today’s inflated used car market but so will the GT. I have had more “thumbs up” with the Mustang. People did not look twice at the Camaro.

Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Deep Impact Blue
A buddy of mine bought the Camaro a couple months back. It's pretty nice. It's faster than my 15 GT PP. We drove from Austin to DFW and when I got out of the passenger seat I felt like my entire body had been drawn, quartered, run through a meat grinder, and spit on. I realize some of that is old fat guy syndrome but I'm only 43 and not THAT fat. I've ridden comfortably in the passenger seat of my Stang without an issue.

Also it reeked of that Chevy cheapness. Low quality interior materials and idk, the only way to describe it is Chevy cheapness (I know Ford has gone down this road as well but not as badly). Honestly it's a good car, and sporty but I wouldn't give up my 15 GT with almost 90K miles for his brand new Camaro. Nope, never, no way.

PS, I am trying to convince him to do a Corsa catback exhaust so it doesn't sound like such a dog.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A buddy of mine bought the Camaro a couple months back. It's pretty nice. It's faster than my 15 GT PP. We drove from Austin to DFW and when I got out of the passenger seat I felt like my entire body had been drawn, quartered, run through a meat grinder, and spit on. I realize some of that is old fat guy syndrome but I'm only 43 and not THAT fat. I've ridden comfortably in the passenger seat of my Stang without an issue.

Also it reeked of that Chevy cheapness. Low quality interior materials and idk, the only way to describe it is Chevy cheapness (I know Ford has gone down this road as well but not as badly). Honestly it's a good car, and sporty but I wouldn't give up my 15 GT with almost 90K miles for his brand new Camaro. Nope, never, no way.

PS, I am trying to convince him to do a Corsa catback exhaust so it doesn't sound like such a dog.
What model and options of Camaro did your buddy buy? Base 1SS? 2SS 1LE? I assume it's not a V6 or 4 cylinder model. I haven't really heard about issues with seating. Was there not enough adjustability?

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Pretty sure the LT engine in the Camaro has cylinder deactivation which has been a huge problem for GM for several years. Bent pushrods, bad lifters and destroyed cams are fairly common.

Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What model and options of Camaro did your buddy buy? Base 1SS? 2SS 1LE? I assume it's not a V6 or 4 cylinder model. I haven't really heard about issues with seating. Was there not enough adjustability?
He bought a 2021 2SS. I'm 6'2" so only marginally above average. I had the seat all the way back. Leg room was only a small part of the problem. The cabin felt like I was sitting in the middle seat on an airplane crammed between two morbidly obese, unruly passengers.

Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
do u have photos of it ??
No. I am sure he will send me some if I ask but is it really necessary to pollute the forums? images.google.com should have everything you need unless there is something very specific you are after. If so, let me know and I will see what I can do.
Sponsored