2020 Shelby GT500 vs 2018 Ford GT Drag Racing

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Side by side, I think I like Orange Fury better than Twister orange, both are sweet though.
Twister orange is what I would classify as "Orange" where are Orange Fury is a an Orange-Yellow with a Yellow/Gold metal flake mixed in. In the right light, and parked next to the Twister Orange, it can look pretty yellow in comparison.
Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I've known the owner for a few years and we spent time while he was here in Atlanta on his way down in the cars together. That thing is a monster and this video is a poor demonstration of what it's capable of. He's recorded better 0-60 times better than that day previously. All this video proved is that on a shitty surface the mid-engine rwd car doesn't suffer as much as the front engine rwd car.
I know the car is very capable.
I just can’t believe they were using launch control on a unpreped street.
The fastest 0-60 on the street that I know of for a stock GT500 is 3.39

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I know the car is very capable.
I just can’t believe they were using launch control on a unpreped street.
The fastest 0-60 on the street that I know of for a stock GT500 is 3.39
They were keeping the variables consistent and comparing the GT500 and it's launch control vs the GT and it's launch control. They weren't out to set the record for fastest 0-60mph time. If they were they wouldn't have just used the road outside of the shop.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Unfortunately they won't be able to "redo" the video either as Lee's Orange car is getting a pulley, injectors, e85 tune, cat deletes, and the Toyo R888R tires just came in.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
That’s what the real world is about.

It was 4.6, not 3.6. He said it was slower than a stock mustang GT.

It’s a shitty road, no tire warming or playing with pressure. It is what it is.
I was referring to the GT.

still seems funky.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
So the GT's launch control worked much better because of the set up of the car, rear engine weight over the rear tires resulting in no loss of traction. TC was not kicking therefore not bogging down and smoking the GT500 with launch issues.
possible.

Yet A YouTube get a 3.3 sec 0-60 in the 500 in terrible DA on a normal road.

strange. .

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
They were keeping the variables consistent and comparing the GT500 and it's launch control vs the GT and it's launch control. They weren't out to set the record for fastest 0-60mph time. If they were they wouldn't have just used the road outside of the shop.
I get what you are saying, but they were talking about which car would be faster 0-80 on the street and then they go about the worst way to do it.
Hopefully they take them to a drag strip soon!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
possible.

Yet A YouTube get a 3.3 sec 0-60 in the 500 in terrible DA on a normal road.

strange. .
Your going to get a strange spread of numbers right now. Cold weather and performances tires don’t mix. High horsepower and dirty streets don’t mix. New owners with new gadgets. Well let’s just say every car has a learning curve. Once more owners get these things on the strip and road course. The numbers will normalize. What is pretty clear. The GT500 is the pony car to beat. Just going by the limited numbers we do have. The GT500 will give a red eye all it can handle at a drag strip. A ZL1 has nothing to offer at a drag strip comparatively. The GT500 will also give a ZLe all it can handle on a road course. Where the red eye has nothing to offer

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Your going to get a strange spread of numbers right now. Cold weather and performances tires don’t mix. High horsepower and dirty streets don’t mix. New owners with new gadgets. Well let’s just say every car has a learning curve. Once more owners get these things on the strip and road course. The numbers will normalize. What is pretty clear. The GT500 is the pony car to beat. Just going by the limited numbers we do have. The GT500 will give a red eye all it can handle at a drag strip. A ZL1 has nothing to offer at a drag strip comparatively. The GT500 will also give a ZLe all it can handle on a road course. Where the red eye has nothing to offer
Well said.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I get what you are saying, but they were talking about which car would be faster 0-80 on the street and then they go about the worst way to do it.
Hopefully they take them to a drag strip soon!
That is definitely part of the plan.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Man I get that this blue font is like "your thing", but against the dark background version of the site that I run it's an absolute headache to read anythign you type without copying and pasting it into a word document to ditch the formatting.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
They don’t know how to drive.
Maybe you are better at driving than they are, but they are people who drive for a living and do a lot of performance car reviews. I would be very surprised if you have more practice launching various cars than they do. I sure wouldn't assume that I am better at launching a car than those guys are, even though I think I'm not bad at it.

Multiple people trying over and over - yes this was before the wide body version came around, but I don't think it's always so easy to get a certain time on the street.

Point being I feel you are making it sound more cut and dried than I think it really is.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you are better at driving than they are, but they are people who drive for a living and do a lot of performance car reviews. I would be very surprised if you have more practice launching various cars than they do. I sure wouldn't assume that I am better at launching a car than those guys are, even though I think I'm not bad at it.

Multiple people trying over and over - yes this was before the wide body version came around, but I don't think it's always so easy to get a certain time on the street.

Point being I feel you are making it sound more cut and dried than I think it really is.
They have way more practice but I am way better.
I like a lot of their videos as they put out some good content and they seem like nice people but two of the guys just can’t drive well.
Sponsored