2020 Shelby GT500 transmission issues

pinchme54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Hey Fellow Shelby owners, I am posting another thread regarding my 2020 Shelby GT500. I have been, what I consider, issues with my transmission and a vibration noise coming from under the car. I posted this info previously and wanted to see if anyone was having the same issues and is they had a solution. I took my car into the dealership for a warranty repair and they finally came up with the solution of reprogramming the transmission. Their rationale was the transmission is designed to learn the drivers driving habits and adjust accordingly. Well, do date, their has not been any change in the performance of the transmission, it still jerks, lurches back and forth between gears and jerks at slow speeds. The tinty metal noise comes at slow speeds and sounds like a loose tailpipe vibration. I have had the muffler system checked out with no issues. The dealer said the noise is related to the transmission and should go away after the reprogramming. Well, guess what, it didn't. So, has anyone else had this issues and can offer up any solutions. Tks.
Sponsored

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
If you use Sport Mode is there less noise? In Normal Mode, mine short shifts to 3rd gear so soon that the engine is lugging and rattles the whole drive train. If this is the case with you, program your My Mode to Sport to avoid Normal.

OP
OP
pinchme54

pinchme54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
If you use Sport Mode is there less noise? In Normal Mode, mine short shifts to 3rd gear so soon that the engine is lugging and rattles the whole drive train. If this is the case with you, program your My Mode to Sport to avoid Normal.

OP
OP
pinchme54

pinchme54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Hey Melmark93, I took your advice and put the Shelby in sport mode. The metal tinty noise disappeared. Outstanding. Tks so much for your advice.

Sponsored

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Hey Melmark93, I took your advice and put the Shelby in sport mode. The metal tinty noise disappeared. Outstanding. Tks so much for your advice.
I was not very happy with the way the car drove around town and it took several months
to figure out why. Being of social security age, I was slow to experiment with the Mode settings.
Changing to Sport made a huge difference for me (in town). I'm not really into loud exhausts
and to keep peace with the neighbors, I programmed the car to start in Quiet mode. As soon
as I hit the main drag, I flip to My Mode for Sport mode/Normal exhaust. I am now completely
satisfied with it. :inlove:

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Quit lugging the engine
Sponsored