Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I hope you enjoy the video!
Well done Tim...!!!
You obviously put a lot of fore-thought into this video beginning with the camera/video footage taken during the event.
Then your editing skills are quite impressive.... what you accomplished is no several hour edit job.
Great work and thanks for the excellent video.

Kick-Back Disclaimer
Ford Performance.... how about throwing Tim a carbon fiber track pack wing for his advertising efforts on your behalf?
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I too was disappointed by exactly that, Tom. I tired of "following" quickly, not that I knew what I was doing, of course, but it was just kinda babysitting. I probably would have wrecked the car anyway. :-)

KB
I'm debating not going for this very reason. This is an introduction to the track. Yea, its a free track day, but I would not be able to drive the roval like I do otherwise. I think that I know relatives that would enjoy the experience, so why not let them ah e it?

Lead/follow is a dealbreaker and I'm not keen on putting a helmet on that someone just wore recently, especially with Covid on the rise again.

I'm not in a hurry to make a decision, I have a bunch of time to go or pass it along to a qualifying relative. A vaccine might change my mind though.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
Well done Tim...!!!
You obviously put a lot of fore-thought into this video beginning with the camera/video footage taken during the event.
Then your editing skills are quite impressive.... what you accomplished is no several hour edit job.
Great work and thanks for the excellent video.

Kick-Back Disclaimer
Ford Performance.... how about throwing Tim a carbon fiber track pack wing for his advertising efforts on your behalf?
Thanks Dave!

Most would never notice. This video took countless hours over two full weeks of editing. I sat in a hotel all last weekend on a layover getting the bulk of it done. I then had Race Keeper tech issues that took days to solve. In the end, I was happy with the video.

Itā€™s nice to get positive feedback when you have spent so much time/effort on something.

1981Scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 ā€˜16 Hellcat ā€˜18 Demon ā€˜80 CJ7 ā€˜81 CJ8 ā€˜83 CJ7 Laredo
Nice video! Dumb question, but what did everyone wear under the provided race suits?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Nice video! Dumb question, but what did everyone wear under the provided race suits?
Check the weather before you go. You will most likely be warm regardless... you are wearing a head sleeve, helmet and racing suit. The AC is to be off when at the strip (can be on at the Roval). I also wore a T-shirt and shorts. The first time I went, I wore jeans (too warm). The only requirement is closed-toed shoes (tennies).

GT 500 760

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 ........Past Shelbyā€™s 2019 GT350R, 2009 GT500 KR, 1970 GT500 ,1969 GT350 ,1966 GT350.
Really enjoyed the video. You captured the event very well and the sounds were amazing. Thanks again for all your hard work. Watched it twice.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Really enjoyed the video. You captured the event very well and the sounds were amazing. Thanks again for all your hard work. Watched it twice.
Thank you very kindly!

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
I'm debating not going for this very reason. This is an introduction to the track. Yea, its a free track day, but I would not be able to drive the roval like I do otherwise. I think that I know relatives that would enjoy the experience, so why not let them ah e it?

Lead/follow is a dealbreaker and I'm not keen on putting a helmet on that someone just wore recently, especially with Covid on the rise again.

I'm not in a hurry to make a decision, I have a bunch of time to go or pass it along to a qualifying relative. A vaccine might change my mind though.
I found the drag racing more fun than expected. I drag raced boats in my youth, but never dragged a car before. This was the only time we max-performed the cars.

I was in our fast group on the Roval, and we lapped other groups all the time. But having HPDEā€™d my car already, I found the Roval part to only be about 70%-80% of what the car can do. I donā€™t recall ever flooring it on the Roval. It was more like high speed cruising.
Iā€™m sure this is because there is little runoff anywhere and guard rails everywhere. They are overly cautious at this point. But not sure they can allow much more without significant risk...

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I found the drag racing more fun than expected. I drag raced boats in my youth, but never dragged a car before. This was the only time we max-performed the cars.

I was in our fast group on the Roval, and we lapped other groups all the time. But having HPDEā€™d my car already, I found the Roval part to only be about 70%-80% of what the car can do. I donā€™t recall ever flooring it on the Roval. It was more like high speed cruising.
Iā€™m sure this is because there is little runoff anywhere and guard rails everywhere. They are overly cautious at this point. But not sure they can allow much more without significant risk...
I floored my car in spurts quite often on the Roval with the longest stretch being coming out of turn N2. Itā€™s the only reason I hit 135 in that stretch.

0A45A9CE-C16D-4165-891C-ECD3DAA55FAB.jpeg

Sponsored

BluSnake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '11 GT 5.0, '19 Tundra, '09 Miata
At 53:30, you mentioned Michelin PS4S? I thought they had Cup 2's?
I guess FPRS didn't want to burn up Cup 2's when you're only doing 8-9/10th's.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
At 53:30, you mentioned Michelin PS4S? I thought they had Cup 2's?
I guess FPRS didn't want to burn up Cup 2's when you're only doing 8-9/10th's.
GT500s (base) come with PS4S
^^^Yes... this!

All the cars at the Track Attack are base + handling package, which come with the 4S tires. This is different than the North American Track Tour (traveling), where you drive CFTP cars on the road course and base cars at the drag strip.

BluSnake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '11 GT 5.0, '19 Tundra, '09 Miata
^^^Yes... this!

All the cars at the Track Attack are base + handling package, which come with the 4S tires. This is different than the North American Track Tour (traveling), where you drive CFTP cars on the road course and base cars at the drag strip.
Gotcha! That actually makes more sense to use a more progressive tire for drivers with varying levels of experience. More predictable release characteristics, especially in a car with tons of power.

Kpgarage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford GT, 2006 Ford GT, 2020 GT500,2019 F150 KR, several t-birds
I used some husband points and made this event Friday and it was just great. Iā€™d done the boss track attack out in Utah before and this was much better in large part due to the car. I strongly recommend this for everyone even if youā€™re an experienced track driver. Thanks to Ford for having it. As powerful as the GT500 is, the DCT and brakes steal the show. If you can break away to go I strongly recommend it.
Sponsored