Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
After two weeks of editing, I present a full-day of fun at the drag strip and “Roval” (road course + NASCAR oval). You will see 2020 GT500s in head-to-head drag race action as well as ripping around the Roval! This is the free of charge “owner’s experience” people can attend in their 1st year of ownership after buying a new Shelby GT500. This crazy event is held at the Charlotte Motor Speedway and nearby zMax dragway! This is a MUST-DO event! This was my 2nd time attending this amazing day! The format has changed since the first class I attended in the spring. The day is all-business now... a full morning is spent drag racing and the afternoon is all about pulling g’s on the insane Roval! Whether you enjoy watching the latest/greatest Mustang in action or will be watching to prep for your event, I hope you enjoy the video!

Arrive at school 3:00
The cars! 3:49
The classroom 6:15
Heading to the strip! 10:15
Line lock demo! 11:51
What a Drag! 18:03
Back to school: 27:05
Heading to Roval! 31:25
Roval sessions! 33:44
Full lap to learn track! 45:28
Pro ride! 55:41
Final gratuitous rev! 59:12
Sponsored

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Loving the burnouts with no tc! Looks like you had a blast! Thanks for sharing. The pro ride was sweet. It was cool of him to give you props for your vlog.

Last edited:

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Man this is getting me excited! I will be there the 9th!! Do you recommend bringing snacks/water there?

themik99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Man this is getting me excited! I will be there the 9th!! Do you recommend bringing snacks/water there?
I'll be there the 9th as well!

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Loving the burnouts with no tc! Looks like you had a blast! Thanks for sharing. The pro ride was sweet. It was cool of him to give you props for your vlog.
Thanks Donnie... it was a blast! Yes, it was nice to hear the feedback on the first video I did back in the spring. Hopefully this video gens up some more action for them.
No need for water. They have bottled water everywhere. If you want to throw a couple snacks in the car, that will work fine. I had a protein bar with me.

Here is their FAQ for anyone interested:

https://gt500trackattack.com/faq/

Sponsored

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Excellent video, Tim.

I see my 03 for the day is still in service. Bill was my classroom instructor as well. Outstanding experience!

1604058512574.png

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
what was it that was being blacked out in the bottom right of the window during your video?

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
what was it that was being blacked out in the bottom right of the window during your video?
The school puts the last names of the drivers on each car. No need for me to share my personal contact info for everyone across the web. I had to learn how to do that in iMovie for this video.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The school puts the last names of the drivers on each car. No need for me to share my personal contact info for everyone across the web. I had to learn how to do that in iMovie for this video.
Got it, had no clue they did that

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Excellent video. One thing that I am disappointed in is the lead/follow the whole time. It was at the GT350 track attack that there would be a lead/follow and then solo time on the track and then a ride along with an instructor to clean it all up. I get the no ride along part due to covid, but there should be solo time on the track.

Another point is the drag strip. Im not a fan of the 1/4 mile. Sure, give me a few passes, but spend half the day on the drag strip? I would like to see more track time.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Excellent video. One thing that I am disappointed in is the lead/follow the whole time. It was at the GT350 track attack that there would be a lead/follow and then solo time on the track and then a ride along with an instructor to clean it all up. I get the no ride along part due to covid, but there should be solo time on the track.

Another point is the drag strip. Im not a fan of the 1/4 mile. Sure, give me a few passes, but spend half the day on the drag strip? I would like to see more track time.
I much prefer the road course as well, but I thought this format was a good balance between the car’s two dominating race capabilities... all morning at the strip and all afternoon on the Roval. I’m sure there are drag racers that would have wanted more passes vs. time spent turning.

As for the lead/follow vs. solo time... I was in the fast group, so I didn’t feel the car(s) in front of me were keeping me back too terribly much. Of course you had to brake a little earlier as you have a car right in front of you. If students were allowed to run solo on this crazy track with more horsepower than NASCAR has on the same track, I bet there would be some mishaps, which the school is most likely trying to prevent with the lead/follow setup. With lesser powered cars, this might not be as big as an issue, but the 2020 is brutally fast, as well all know.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R

Did you stay for two days or just one?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have not been to the 500 TA yet. I went to the 350 TA 3 times. Once was the two day, the rest one day.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
but there should be solo time on the track.
I too was disappointed by exactly that, Tom. I tired of "following" quickly, not that I knew what I was doing, of course, but it was just kinda babysitting. I probably would have wrecked the car anyway. :-)

KB
Sponsored