Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I floored my car in spurts quite often on the Roval with the longest stretch being coming out of turn N2. It’s the only reason I hit 135 in that stretch.

0A45A9CE-C16D-4165-891C-ECD3DAA55FAB.jpeg
I looked at my videos and I generally hit 120-125 before braking for the Bus-stop on the Roval:
From leaving the infield (turn 11), through N1 & N2 to braking for the bus-stop is about 20 seconds, and started at about 30 mph. Even at the drag strip we hit over 120 in 12 seconds from a standing start.
On the long straight at COTA, I routinely hit 150+ in less than 15 seconds.
My point is, they are holding back on the Roval to minimize risk. Should easily hit 160+ before the bus stop.
- Does make one wonder what speeds could be reached at Daytona...

Don’t get me wrong. I think its a great event, and we are certainly max performing the cars at the Strip. But the Roval component is fairly constrained in the GT500.

Wonder if the GT350 folks run without lead-follow on the Roval?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
I looked at my videos and I generally hit 120-125 before braking for the Bus-stop on the Roval:
From leaving the infield (turn 11), through N1 & N2 to braking for the bus-stop is about 20 seconds, and started at about 30 mph. Even at the drag strip we hit over 120 in 12 seconds from a standing start.
On the long straight at COTA, I routinely hit 150+ in less than 15 seconds.
My point is, they are holding back on the Roval to minimize risk. Should easily hit 160+ before the bus stop.
- Does make one wonder what speeds could be reached at Daytona...

Don’t get me wrong. I think its a great event, and we are certainly max performing the cars at the Strip. But the Roval component is fairly constrained in the GT500.

Wonder if the GT350 folks run without lead-follow on the Roval?
There were areas of the track that I was max performing the car on the 4S tires. I was sliding in some of the turns and the rear kicked out more than once. As for max speeds on the fast section... it’s quite possible my lead instructor was allowing us to run faster. He kept saying we were doing great and that we were the “fast group.” My top speed was 135. When I went on the pro ride, I check the speedometer at the same section and he hit almost 130.

In the end, it was an amazing day! If I could do it a third time, I’d go again!

Kpgarage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford GT, 2006 Ford GT, 2020 GT500,2019 F150 KR, several t-birds
On my video I also hit 135 max and the car was still going but I was at the 4-5 braking marker and had to get on the binders. I did not get any feel that the car was limited by anything other than me.
Sponsored