Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
And the adjustable strut top mounts.

I mentioned in another thread, they're conspicuously missing from the order sheet ... are we sure they're still part of that package[?] They are specified in the CFTP, maybe they decided to make them exclusive to the more expensive package to support the cost.

upload_2019-6-29_9-47-6.png

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I think the order guide states they will be shipped separately.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
I mentioned in another thread, they're conspicuously missing from the order sheet ... are we sure they're still part of that package[?] They are specified in the CFTP, maybe they decided to make them exclusive to the more expensive package to support the cost.

The “handling package” is only aero bits?

Was “aero package” not available?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
eh? Sit in a premium EB and a GT350 and they look almost exactly identical inside. The gauges are all the same. The Dash is the same. There are some minor cues but it's not like the 350 seat leather is several grades better than the EB in quality, or major rework was done to the bolsters or stiching, or paneling, etc. The floor mats are the same, the controls (shifter, pedals, entertainment) are all the exact same parts.

The sheetmetal stampings are no different. It's not like one has steel and the other aluminum or titanium or even carbon fiber. If Ford wanted to impress they could have called up https://speedkore.com/speedkore-gt350-carbon-series/ and made it a production option.

The carbon fiber wheels aren't cheap but they are $12,000/set per an article from 2017, https://www.motor1.com/news/144031/cheaper-carbon-fiber-wheels/ which refers to http://www.carbonrev.com/contact-us#dealer as the contract manufacturer. And they might be even cheaper these days. I haven't called a local dealer.

The underlying frame/chassis of the 2 cars is again exactly the same as far as we know. The GT350/500 could have come with bonded AL members, extruded secions instead of welded steel. It could have had carbon fiber sections where appropriate. I hold no high regard for Tesla but their 100k car actually has some effort put into it to use cutting edge methods. Audi makes a 'space frame' design on their cars (since 1994) and the mid-grade 5 and 6 series cars have a combination of steel, aluminum, and fiber-reinforced plastic.

Had Ford checked off some of those boxes then 'entirely new car, just looks the same as the cheaper editions' might have had some credence. It's not really wrong to say that the Shelby is "just" an engine, trans, brakes, some extra radiators, (and CF wheels) stuffed into the EB/GT car. Granted those are some pretty major and important components but 'bespoke' or 'entirely new' isn't remotely correct.

I am not getting your point. A Mustang is a Mustang.. but the interior should be re-engineered because it a GT500..?

Does the sheetmetal look the same to you, or are you saying they share to much of the same sheetmetal..? Because clearly, there are differences. And yes, no matter what engine or option you choose, the s550 Mustang all share the same s550 chassis. But that doesn't mean they are exactly the same. The GT350 uses a CFRP front and the GT500 does too.

News flash: GT500 is a Mustang.

Ford makes a supercar, if you are interested in that. People who buy a GT500 can upgrade their body panel to Carbon Fiber if they so desire. So Again, not sure about your points here... because for $75k you get a lot of performance.

A Shelby is not known for what it does in your driveway, it is what it does on the track... you seemed to miss this point.

Sponsored

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
I think $1500 for the handling package is highway robbery.. Crazy price for three pieces of plastic.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
BLAQWHOLE

For a guy who claims that he does not visit this site, it sure seems like he does:

And confirming that fact that he is a fraud and a hack:

Yet he claims to own multiple high-demand/high roller versions of various brands, doesn’t drive them other than as commuter vehicles nd parks them outside his apartment building. Not sure he should be commenting on financial common sense or the buying habits of others.
Plenty of $100k cars get parked in front of HUD and Section 8 housing. He’s not impressing anyone, he’s making payments on two high 11 second cars.

Rgt350w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Lol you are correct..I was looking at the GT350 price for the GG and D&D..So it is higher ! More like 75~76K !!!
Time to turbo or S/C the GT350 if I want that level of power......Man I'm thinking here in S. FL a GT500 will easily be well over a 100k for a while. At least a year or so.
Wow...converted to $CDN ....that’s not what I was expecting.
May do exactly that. Turbo or S/C my GT350.
Love the car, just lacks low end torque.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I think $1500 for the handling package is highway robbery.. Crazy price for three pieces of plastic.
I agree
136B520D-A1BE-168B-513D-0182513D0182.jpg

The Exposed Carbon Fiber instrument panel is just have the panel and its $500

mustang777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 1
I'm at 87K ish after taxes etc the way I want it which isn't bad.
Track and Handing package for 20K and 10k for painted racing stripes is ridiculous!

For 10k I will take the Vinyl Stripes and have the whole car wrapped in paint protected film.

I'm a weekend driver so the Track and Handing package is a waste on me..lol

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So with the pricing announced, who is going to give up their allocation because the price to too high?
Honestly, I'm just glad they disinterested me out of the gate with no available manual and a 5 year old front end so that I didn't have to waste my time tracking down an allocation

Well looking at the fact my truck, rv and 18 GT are all paid off, I sure could, I just don't see the value in it. Im glad other people do, so good for them.
Watch out, he's going to call you poor next because he's willing to spend his life savings on a base model shelby! :LMAO:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Plenty of $100k cars get parked in front of HUD and Section 8 housing. He’s not impressing anyone, he’s making payments on two high 11 second cars.
Most likely leased.:shock:

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
eh? Sit in a premium EB and a GT350 and they look almost exactly identical inside. The gauges are all the same. The Dash is the same. There are some minor cues but it's not like the 350 seat leather is several grades better than the EB in quality, or major rework was done to the bolsters or stiching, or paneling, etc. The floor mats are the same, the controls (shifter, pedals, entertainment) are all the exact same parts.

The sheetmetal stampings are no different. It's not like one has steel and the other aluminum or titanium or even carbon fiber. If Ford wanted to impress they could have called up https://speedkore.com/speedkore-gt350-carbon-series/ and made it a production option.

The carbon fiber wheels aren't cheap but they are $12,000/set per an article from 2017, https://www.motor1.com/news/144031/cheaper-carbon-fiber-wheels/ which refers to http://www.carbonrev.com/contact-us#dealer as the contract manufacturer. And they might be even cheaper these days. I haven't called a local dealer.

The underlying frame/chassis of the 2 cars is again exactly the same as far as we know. The GT350/500 could have come with bonded AL members, extruded secions instead of welded steel. It could have had carbon fiber sections where appropriate. I hold no high regard for Tesla but their 100k car actually has some effort put into it to use cutting edge methods. Audi makes a 'space frame' design on their cars (since 1994) and the mid-grade 5 and 6 series cars have a combination of steel, aluminum, and fiber-reinforced plastic.

Had Ford checked off some of those boxes then 'entirely new car, just looks the same as the cheaper editions' might have had some credence. It's not really wrong to say that the Shelby is "just" an engine, trans, brakes, some extra radiators, (and CF wheels) stuffed into the EB/GT car. Granted those are some pretty major and important components but 'bespoke' or 'entirely new' isn't remotely correct.
How many years did Ford test the GT350/GT350R on track? 3 years. With a professional IMSA race car driver, Billy Johnson. Why was that? To perfect the car for road racing/Track day competition. Do you know how many different components that they changed? Almost everything, so everything is bespoke to that car.

The new 500, how many years in development and testing? 3-4 years. Changing it and optimizing it again on track. All of this is documented and since you know how to search articles, I'll leave you to go to google and look for it.

What were these cars benchmarked against? Porsche, Corvette, the GT350 engine was benchmarked against the Ferrari 458 Italia.

If you think that the only thing that separates your PP1 from a GT350/GT350R and the new GT500 is engine, trans, brakes, coolers and wheels, then I hate to burst your bubble because Ford would tell you that you're wrong. Your car was designed to be a sports car for the masses, and not even an enthusiast car which they defined the PP2 as being, these other cars were designed from their inception to be track cars, drag cars—cars that can see serious duty in racing and not break. If you don't believe me, go ask Ford. It's not hard information to find.

Don’t know why your mentioning the carbon rims, but try 20 grand. They’re 4-6k per wheel depending on whether it’s front and rear, and don’t know why you would assume the price went down, the price increased.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

That is seriously disappointing on Ford's part if true. Camber plates, even the best, most expensive available, are $500.

Ford's option strategy is puzzling. Yes of course they want to make significant money on them, but you also have to make it fit what people want to buy. I actually don't expect many will opt for the carbon package at all.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
How many years did Ford test the GT350/GT350R on track? 3 years. With a professional IMSA race car driver, Billy Johnson. Why was that? To perfect the car for road racing/Track day competition. Do you know how many different components that they changed? Almost everything, so everything is bespoke to that car.

The new 500, how many years in development and testing? 3-4 years. Changing it and optimizing it again on track. All of this is documented and since you know how to search articles, I'll leave you to go to google and look for it.

If you think that the only thing that separates your PP1 from a GT350/GT350R and the new GT500 is engine, trans, brakes, coolers and rims, then I hate to burst your bubble because Ford would tell you that you're wrong. Your car was designed to be a sports car for the masses, and not even an enthusiast car which they defined the PP2 as being, these other cars were designed from their inception to be track cars, drag cars—cars that can see serious duty in racing and not break. If you don't believe me, go ask Ford. It's not hard information to find.
That is literally, the only difference. You can pretend your mustang is some unique high end exotic, but at the end of the day, it's still a Mustang, no matter how bad you want it to be something different. Same platform as the car I rent when I go to Maui. Heavy, and 5 years old.
Sponsored