Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 PRICING (MSRP/Invoice) Including Packages & Options

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm torn, looks like a great car (depending what the weight really is) but Mustang's used to be about affordable performance. 100K + they way I'd want it is too much for me to drop on a weekend toy.

And as pointed out, chances are about nil this will come with the the fit and finish of other 100K automobiles.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Why does it look like vinyl stripes and CF dash trim are twice as much for the 500? Also, assuming if you buy the CF Track Pack - you don't need to add any seat or handling package options?

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Why does it look like vinyl stripes and CF dash trim are twice as much for the 500? Also, assuming if you buy the CF Track Pack - you don't need to add any seat or handling package options?
Correct about the carbon fiber track pack.

2020 C8

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
These prices are insane, even if you pay invoice. Sorry, at these prices, I'll just buy another Corvette.

Ford needs to just give the base V8 Mustang a DCT option. That makes sense to me as a daily driver

Last edited:

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
These prices are insane, even if you pay invoice. Sorry, at these prices, I'll just buy another Corvette.

Ford needs to ust give the base V8 Mustang a DCT option. That makes sense to me as a daily driver
I just cant see 5000 of these, even if all were at this base price, flying off the shelves.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

Ford needs to ust give the base V8 Mustang a DCT option. That makes sense to me as a daily driver
I'm waiting to see what the C8 brings to the table next month. Fingers crossed GM keeps pricing around C7 levels instead of going all in on exotic pricing because of the midengine.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The price isn't really surprising but everyone has forgotten the CF Track pack is going to in limited supply I think they used most of there allotments CF track packs on the prototypes

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The price isn't really surprising but everyone has forgotten the CF Track pack is going to in limited supply I think they used most of there allotments CF track packs on the prototypes
Yup about 1250 of the 5000 units will have the CFTP. With that said the "base" car still needs to be a great performer to justify the price. Hopefully, Ford will officially update the performance numbers at some point.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Not gonna happen. DCT is too expensive (read somewhere they pay around $25K for these?).

If they provided a manual option, the GT500 could easily get back down to $60K. Most likely the reason they did not as it would far outsell the DCT.

Sponsored

2020 C8

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Hahaha, well, the guy who posted the original order sheet seems to be ITK, and has suggested that a few times. The Z06 is a good bit lighter, probably a little more slippery, but it's got the older 8-speed, cooling issues, and it's down 110HP (up only 25lb/ft TQ).
That's what you get for crippling a sports car, with that garbage torque converter. A torque converter has no place in a performance car.

The 7th Generation Corvette was a huge disappointment, and a disgrace to GM, along with the 6th generation Camaro

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Hahaha, dude, that is f***ing hysterical :D

CFTP + stripes is more costly than an entry level Ecoboost ...
That's my F'n point...lol

<decisions beyond my budget listed below...>

Hmmmm....
GT500 weekend car + Ecoboost for daily driving
---OR---
GT500 weekend car with stripes and carbon fiber for the same price.

Last edited:

2020 C8

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Not gonna happen. DCT is too expensive (read somewhere they pay around $25K for these?).

If they provided a manual option, the GT500 could easily get back down to $60K. Most likely the reason they did not as it would far outsell the DCT.
Those numbers are bullshit. Don't believe everything you read. That DCT is going to trickle down to the base V8 Mustangs. Frankly, it's the only car from Ford that would make any sense to me

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
GT350R MSRP is "around" 70K, no DCT or blower - not surprising on the price. My prediction was around 100K loaded.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
OK, this is pretty funny, the ad at the top of this thread:

upload_2019-6-28_14-45-13.png

Had to go look, and while it's a bit of an Apple vs. Pears:

upload_2019-6-28_14-46-49.png

That's an auto too, so you could a couple of thousand and get the pretty slick 7-speed manual (granted it's a 1LZ, so slightly less interior goodies).
Sponsored