Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 PRICING (MSRP/Invoice) Including Packages & Options

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
We are still a long way away from deliveries. Dealerships can not keep deposits. The weight will be known before it gets to that point.

VIP cars will be out there first. I'm sure the press will have done reviews by then as well.

I'm going to look at the positives here and not the negatives. If Ford delivers at this price point, it would be a performance bargain.

I will suggest that the CFTP GT500 is going to knock it out of the park even with an MSRP of ~$96,000.

Trust me, when the dust settles your CFTP will be indeed a performance bargain!

:like::like:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I will suggest that the CFTP GT500 is going to knock it out of the park even with an MSRP of ~$96,000.

Trust me, when the dust settles your CFTP will be indeed a performance bargain!

:like::like:
You make it sound like a sure thing......

Your concerns as stated privately do concern me.

We will see.

gunkk

Wanted a Shelby Cobrra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
650hp Convertible

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You make it sound like a sure thing......

Your concerns as stated privately do concern me.

We will see.
Having visited the FRAP in recent weeks along with additional conversations since you and I last spoke have me on board especially with the CFTP model and suggest that we just leave it at that.

:sunglasses:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Having visited the FRAP in recent weeks along with additional conversations since you and I last spoke have me on board especially with the CFTP model and suggest that we just leave it at that.

:sunglasses:
Maybe I should text or call you.

Last edited:

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Maybe I should text or call you.
Don’t tell me how good it is.

I can’t afford a carbon fiber track pack!

Seriously though, I think this car will blow away lots of high end cars.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I look at it this way. Ford has had a loooooong time to get this GT500 right. They would truly fail as a company, and lose supporters if this vehicle can not be equal to or greater than the competition. The whole point of this car is to be better while being less. I do think it will come to be just that, until the next round of cars come out.

gunkk

Wanted a Shelby Cobrra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
650hp Convertible
Might head over to Sarasota Ford to see what it will take to own a GT500. But they are total ADM pirates. My guess is Sticker+$50k.
9th on the waiting list @ sticker+$25k at least (I won't know for sure until they get to me after the other 8 have signed or bowed out).

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I personally would wait it out if that were the case, I don't see how the ADMs will stick with this car..for what 2 or 3 years, at that price point. that's just my opinion, who knows what the reality will be.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I look at it this way. Ford has had a loooooong time to get this GT500 right. They would truly fail as a company, and lose supporters if this vehicle can not be equal to or greater than the competition. The whole point of this car is to be better while being less. I do think it will come to be just that, until the next round of cars come out.
If this is what you think, you clearly don’t understand what it means to be a Mustang enthusiast. It’s not a power/times versus the competition thing. If it was, the model would not have been in uninterrupted production since 1964.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
If this is what you think, you clearly don’t understand what it means to be a Mustang enthusiast. It’s not a power/times versus the competition thing. If it was, the model would not have been in uninterrupted production since 1964.
I do not believe you understand what I am trying to say. People keep saying the car should be this or be that to be a success. We are comparing this car to the Zr1 Vette for goodness sake. I feel the car will surprise a lot because Ford had the time to develop it.
Competition is always good. That is the reason I would like to see the Camaro live on, as well as other vehicles to push the platform. If this happens or not, I will still have a Mustang in my garage.
Sponsored