HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
what scares me about the process is that all the great work that Penske puts into the car will then be turned over to the general population back at flat rock and be treated like any other mustang. The thought of shipping on a rail car and then an open carrier makes me cringe.
Can you arrange to pick it up at the closest dealer to the plant?
Sponsored

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
what scares me about the process is that all the great work that Penske puts into the car will then be turned over to the general population back at flat rock and be treated like any other mustang. The thought of shipping on a rail car and then an open carrier makes me cringe.
THIS and THIS AGAIN. I ordered a car many years ago with dual vinyl stripes. It obviously sat on top of the trains top level as the diesel fumes/smoke from the train drifted back over my car. When it came in I could see that the dealer tried to rub it out but to no avail. I asked him (like a good detective would do) whats going on in those white stripes. He sheepishly said "well it came in from the factory like that". But after some careful thinking I realized it did not happen at the factory but it was the diesel fumes from the train that it was on for many days before coming into the yards over at the C.B. rail yards. Diesel fumes are quite nasty for those of you that have never been around them. So I too worry about this situation as well. And just for the record, I once ordered a M5 (BMW). They come in on an "enclosed trailer" and never see a train. Just the difference in companies.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
They come in on an "enclosed trailer" and never see a train. Just the difference in companies.
I saw a carrier loaded with Volvos that were each in their own plastic bag, so owner didn't have to worry about what can happen even inside an enclosed trailer. LoL

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Not to mention, will the general fit and finish of these cars be better than a typical Mustang (i.e. not that great in many cases) prior to all the pampering for the painted OTT stripes?....

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Not to mention, will the general fit and finish of these cars be better than a typical Mustang (i.e. not that great in many cases) prior to all the pampering for the painted OTT stripes?....
I would think, even if it's an unspoken rule, the GT500s get a little more attention.

When I ordered my Z06 through the National Corvette Museum delivery program (which is super f***ing cool), we picked it up in Bowling Green, and our tour guide more-or-less said, NCM delivery cars get the "special treatment" through the whole production process, I mean, Im sure there's some lip service, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a little bit of improved oversight/QA.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Can you arrange to pick it up at the closest dealer to the plant?
for 10K painted on stripes? Ford ought to look at that option very closely

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Mine will.

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Based off these photos, I would suggest the above mentioned process is not 100% accurate. The window sticker clearly states painted over the top stripes. Carbon fiber wheels and wing already installed. But no stripes or splitter wicker.

My guess is team Penske is going to scuff and paint strips then clear only the needed body sections.
AC44477F-4FA0-466C-9549-8328EAD98F30.jpeg
516F3FD4-A4D7-455A-811A-AFC8EC6CBA84.jpeg
4A9B8612-45F5-4D05-84B6-8DC8CCA35DE5.jpeg
F96411D5-B7FA-42BD-9ED0-3246217D19E6.jpeg

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I saw a carrier loaded with Volvos that were each in their own plastic bag, so owner didn't have to worry about what can happen even inside an enclosed trailer. LoL
For those of you that ordered any Limited Edition 2015 Mustang GT's that was pretty much the same scenario that was employed with the 2015 Mustang GT Anniversary Models a number of years back.

I took delivery of a couple of these 2015 cars and as you can see they also had a nice full body cover with plastic zippers in place for the drivers door and fuel filler cap.

Also you can see there are openings on the cover for the front grill area which allows these vehicles to be driven short distances either around the FRAP, rail yards, truck transport holding areas or at the dealership level.

Would certainly be nice if Ford employed this sort of transport cover on our new GT500's!

:like::like:
DSCF0839.JPG
DSCF0842.JPG
DSCF0843.JPG
DSCF0846.JPG
DSCF0856.JPG

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Based off these photos, I would suggest the above mentioned process is not accurate. The window sticker clearly states painted over the top stripes. Carbon fiber wheels and wing already installed. But no stripes or splitter wicker.

My guess is team Penske is going to scuff and paint strips then clear only the needed body sections.
AC44477F-4FA0-466C-9549-8328EAD98F30.jpeg
516F3FD4-A4D7-455A-811A-AFC8EC6CBA84.jpeg
4A9B8612-45F5-4D05-84B6-8DC8CCA35DE5.jpeg
F96411D5-B7FA-42BD-9ED0-3246217D19E6.jpeg
You could be right about the information that I was provided being wrong but keep in mind that this is a 1 of 1 charity car heading over to Penske therefore who knows what the process is for this unique car.

Bottom line is whatever the process is the final result based on what I inspected this past weekend was outstanding but as others have indicated the condition of these cars upon taking delivery of their vehicles is paramount and hope that every precaution during transport is taken very seriously.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
For those of you that ordered any Limited Edition 2015 Mustang GT's that was pretty much the same scenario that was employed with the 2015 Mustang GT Anniversary Models a number of years back.

I took delivery of a couple of these 2015 cars and as you can see they also had a nice full body cover with plastic zippers in place for the drivers door and fuel filler cap.

Also you can see there are openings on the cover for the front grill area which allows these vehicles to be driven short distances either around the FRAP, rail yards, truck transport holding areas or at the dealership level.

Would certainly be nice if Ford employed this sort of transport cover on our new GT500's!

If you drive that Mustang around like that, you'll have the same visibility as a Camaro ...

:D

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I would think, even if it's an unspoken rule, the GT500s get a little more attention.

When I ordered my Z06 through the National Corvette Museum delivery program (which is super f***ing cool), we picked it up in Bowling Green, and our tour guide more-or-less said, NCM delivery cars get the "special treatment" through the whole production process, I mean, Im sure there's some lip service, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a little bit of improved oversight/QA.
Possibly....

However, my '07 GT500 and '09 Bullitt didn't have radically different OEM fit and finish. Both of which were better than my S550.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Based off these photos, I would suggest the above mentioned process is not 100% accurate. The window sticker clearly states painted over the top stripes. Carbon fiber wheels and wing already installed. But no stripes or splitter wicker.
Rookie mistake. Ordered the car and stripes the same color. LoL

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

:like::like:
DSCF0839.JPG
DSCF0842.JPG
DSCF0843.JPG
DSCF0846.JPG
DSCF0856.JPG
No excuse not to since they appear to already have a "bag" the car will fit in with little or no modification to the bag.
Sponsored