Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang leaked specs: 720HP @ 7500 RPM, 650 ft-lbs @ 4500 RPM, 4225lbs curb weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Heard a rumor that the gt500 was cancelled
Nah. Way too far along to cancel now. All the tooling has been kicked off.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If you don't care about track days, there's absolutely no reason whatsoever for you to have a GT350R. Get a roushcharged GT and a GT350 front bumper swap, you'll have everything but that fancy name
Says the guy who doesn't own a GT350 and will not own a GT500.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Most owners don't track their Porsches, Vettes, Ferraris, McLarens, gt350s, etc...

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Says the guy who doesn't own a GT350 and will not own a GT500.
Who cares what I do or don't own? I easily could've bought a GT350 with what I paid for my 2018. I chose not to because I could get more out of a 2018 for less. Besides, how is that even remotely relevant to my comment?

Most owners don't track their Porsches, Vettes, Ferraris, McLarens, gt350s, etc...
Sure, but most of them don't get the most track oriented package available if they know they aren't going to track it. I've never met a single Porsche GT3 owner that had no intention of ever going to a road course

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I easily could've bought a GT350 with what I paid for my 2018. I chose not to because I could get more out of a 2018 for less.
I'd honestly like to hear how you are getting more from your iron spindle (instead of an aluminum knuckle), side mount front calipers (as opposed to radial mount calipers), and MT82 (instead of the Tremec TR3160).

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'd honestly like to hear how you are getting more from your iron spindle (instead of an aluminum knuckle), side mount front calipers (as opposed to radial mount calipers), and MT82 (instead of the Tremec TR3160).
I didn't bother with his reply because its just another GT guy who just doesn't get it. Maybe I'm bored now....

For the fan of road course and track, the 500 has the potential to be the next evolution (I'm very concerned over weight). Or you could just buy a GT and slap a whipple on it, problem solved, LOL.

Oh, and I just drove a GT around the track at Tooele, and that thing is not in the same universe as a GT350, let alone an R

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sure, but most of them don't get the most track oriented package available if they know they aren't going to track it. I've never met a single Porsche GT3 owner that had no intention of ever going to a road course
Sure "most" Porsche, Ferrari, and Corvette owners don't buy the most track-oriented variant, but there are a large number of people who do buy them and don't ever take it to the track. I've met ZL1 1LE, 675LT, GT3, 458 Speciale, and numerous Z06 owners who never intend on tracking their cars.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh boy, the 2 most significant downfalls of the GT. How will it ever recover! Oh wait, doesn't the PP2 run close to the same, if not faster, lap times than the GT350? Yeah, case closed. For the money you save over a GT350, you can make a GT SIGNIFICANTLY faster.

Sure "most" Porsche, Ferrari, and Corvette owners don't buy the most track-oriented variant, but there are a large number of people who do buy them and don't ever take it to the track. I've met ZL1 1LE, 675LT, GT3, 458 Speciale, and numerous Z06 owners who never intend on tracking their cars.
I've met a couple, and I tell them that they made a stupid decision just the same as I'm telling Stage 3. Of course, I'm now stuck wondering, why are you guys flaunting the GT350's track abilities in an effort to refute my telling someone not to buy the car if they have no intentions whatsoever of taking it on track

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Oh boy, the 2 most significant downfalls of the GT. How will it ever recover! Oh wait, doesn't the PP2 run close to the same, if not faster, lap times than the GT350? Yeah, case closed. For the money you save over a GT350, you can make a GT SIGNIFICANTLY faster.

I've met a couple, and I tell them that they made a stupid decision just the same as I'm telling Stage 3. Of course, I'm now stuck wondering, why are you guys flaunting the GT350's track abilities in an effort to refute my telling someone not to buy the car if they have no intentions whatsoever of taking it on track
Take a 2016-2018 GT350 Track Pack, throw Cup 2's on it, and instantly be much quicker than a PP2. The '19 GT350 will be this plus more tuning changes to make it even faster still. Also the PP2 brakes will never match the level of the GT350 brakes, as good as the PP1/PP2 brembos are. The GT350 is significantly more expensive, but if you only look at the big pieces and ignore many of the little things that make it amazing (none mentioned here), you are a keyboard warrior/bench racer only.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I didn't bother with his reply because its just another GT guy who just doesn't get it. Maybe I'm bored now....

For the fan of road course and track, the 500 has the potential to be the next evolution (I'm very concerned over weight). Or you could just buy a GT and slap a whipple on it, problem solved, LOL.

Oh, and I just drove a GT around the track at Tooele, and that thing is not in the same universe as a GT350, let alone an R
I was on a short track TGPR for my birthday and several S550's to include some boosted and they all ran slower lap times. Lol.my fastes lap was a 1:06.3 and another R with a race slick and some aero tweaks ran a 1:05.9. The S550's to include the boosted cars where significantly slower on this short course. Oh! And lest I forget, they all had cooling issues lol

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Take a 2016-2018 GT350 Track Pack, throw Cup 2's on it, and instantly be much quicker than a PP2. The '19 GT350 will be this plus more tuning changes to make it even faster still. Also the PP2 brakes will never match the level of the GT350 brakes, as good as the PP1/PP2 brembos are. The GT350 is significantly more expensive, but if you only look at the big pieces and ignore many of the little things that make it amazing (none mentioned here), you are a keyboard warrior/bench racer only.
Oh, so now you have to get the track pack GT350, and ALSO spend almost $2k on tires for it to be faster than a $40k car? What makes you think you couldn't spend $20k on a PP2 and make it SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the GT350? AP Racing big brake kit puts the GT350 factory brakes to shame, there's about $4k (Or, if you're that stuck on GT350 being god, you can get those brakes, along with those fancy ass aluminum knuckles, for about the same price). You can pick up a GT350 trans for about $2500. We're up to $46,500. You can get some Ohlins 3-way adjustable Coilovers with camber plates and adjustable sway bar ends (literally the very best on the market) for $8k, maybe a diff cooler (you know, because PP2) for $1k, and STILL be under the price of a GT350 track pack with Sport Cup 2s, at which point you're already significantly faster and still have about $7k to throw around at any aero upgrades you may want to make, replacement pads, tires, and/or track fees.

No keyboard warrior/bench racing needed. Spending $20k extra for a car that isn't $20k better is absurd. With the GT350, you're simply paying for the name

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Oh, so now you have to get the track pack GT350, and ALSO spend almost $2k on tires for it to be faster than a $40k car? What makes you think you couldn't spend $20k on a PP2 and make it SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the GT350? AP Racing big brake kit puts the GT350 factory brakes to shame, there's about $4k (Or, if you're that stuck on GT350 being god, you can get those brakes, along with those fancy ass aluminum knuckles, for about the same price). You can pick up a GT350 trans for about $2500. We're up to $46,500. You can get some Ohlins 3-way adjustable Coilovers with camber plates and adjustable sway bar ends (literally the very best on the market) for $8k, maybe a diff cooler (you know, because PP2) for $1k, and STILL be under the price of a GT350 track pack with Sport Cup 2s, at which point you're already significantly faster and still have about $7k to throw around at any aero upgrades you may want to make, replacement pads, tires, and/or track fees.

No keyboard warrior/bench racing needed. Spending $20k extra for a car that isn't $20k better is absurd. With the GT350, you're simply paying for the name
Significantly faster??? Here you are talking about key board warriors yet you are bench racing with unknown results. Let us know when an PP2 car actually has had all the mods you mentioned installed, what was the actual cost and set an actual lap time not a bench racing lap time ; )
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.