Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang leaked specs: 720HP @ 7500 RPM, 650 ft-lbs @ 4500 RPM, 4225lbs curb weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It depends on how good the GT500 is how much people will spend. The GT350R is in the 60s, but AFAIK many people paid a lot more than that. The manufacturing cost of the GT500 may not be a critical factor - if the performance is good enough, Ford might set the price higher to reduce dealer ADMs.
Sponsored

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
This is crazy I love it! Haha

I agree with Hack, the GT500 should be a balance of track and power.. Will it be faster than the Redeye at the drags? Prolly not but it will def handle better. Will it be faster than the ZL1 1LE at the road course? Prolly not but it will be quicker at the drags.

As with the past GT500, the car is a balanced car.. Why should Ford change it otherwise? It will take a lot of engineering and you can bet the price will be over 100k.. GM's balance car is the ZL1 in the Camaro lineup and Dodge doesn't give a rats ass with balance.. extremes on both sides with the Viper ACR and Demon/Redeye/Hellcat.

My guess would be around 4000-4100 lbs, can hit 10s (auto) at the drags and have a respectable lap time at the road course. And no, it won't be a harsh ride like the ZL1 1LE/Viper ACR since it's not supposed to be a dedicated track car (see GT350r). Those cars have a reason to have a harsh ride with the stiff suspension.

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
It depends on how good the GT500 is how much people will spend. The GT350R is in the 60s, but AFAIK many people paid a lot more than that. The manufacturing cost of the GT500 may not be a critical factor - if the performance is good enough, Ford might set the price higher to reduce dealer ADMs.
They don’t need to increase the price to reduce adm’s. Just do away with the stupid allocation process. Allow anyone that wants to buy your product to walk into a dealer and order the car they want. Problem solved. Adm’s only help sell competitors cars. I don’t know anyone that had more interest in the gt350 because dealers wanted above msrp. But I know quite a few that bought corvettes as well as other cars because of the mark up.

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
This gt500 is tearing you guys apart. It hurts me to lerk over here and see you guys hurting each other with your words.:dance::devil:

On a serious note, everyone is looking at weight and how ford is probably going to use more carbon fiber and aluminum to bring the weight down. I think the bigger picture is going to be price. A 2019 gt350r is tipping the scales at $69k this year with the upgrades it got. Now add a supercharger, additional coolers, bigger tranny, bigger brakes, more aluminum, more carbon fiber, and all the tech goodies that the 350r doesn’t have. Where is this car going to land? Are we looking at an $80k-$100k Mustang? What numbers will this car need to pull to be considered a success at that price point and this late in the game? Is ford aiming too low at cars that are several years old(zl1/hellcat) or is it going to come out and just decimate all?

Hurry up ford, your gt500 is tearing this forum apart
True, but a quick search on cars.com shows ~150 new base GT350's under $60k. Some start as low as $55k. I'd like to think, okay... hope, a "base" GT500 would come in under $70k.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Thats odd that they are 55k considering a base 2018 with no options is almost 58k

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
where has it been confirmed there will be a gt500r?
if its going to obliterate the 1le, what is its target? zr1? seems more likely that it will be balanced between chasing the 1le on the track and the challenger at the strip. which would make it the best all around car of the three. price wise if the gt350r is roughly $70k, this thing will easily push $80k, maybe even higher. i dont see how they will justify six figures though. at that number who is shopping ford? i certainly wouldn't.
Whether its called the R or KR, it’s coming.

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
where has it been confirmed there will be a gt500r?
if its going to obliterate the 1le, what is its target? zr1? seems more likely that it will be balanced between chasing the 1le on the track and the challenger at the strip. which would make it the best all around car of the three. price wise if the gt350r is roughly $70k, this thing will easily push $80k, maybe even higher. i dont see how they will justify six figures though. at that number who is shopping ford? i certainly wouldn't.
The GT500 has never had a target. There has never been a Camaro or Challenger which was anywhere near the ballpark, performance-wise. This time will be no different.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
If it can outperform this car on the track and have better street manners Ford will have delivered a huge win.

2018-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1-1LE-front-three-quarter-in-motion-04-e1498503636653.jpg

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whether its called the R or KR, it’s coming.
Ok.....I’ll ask again. Where has this been confirmed? I’m not talking some forum post from some guy that had a beer with another guy who met a guy whose cousin used to work at a ford dealer and has the inside scoop. I’m not saying there is not an r/kr coming, I want to see where this info is coming from. The only thing I’ve seen is speculation based on a test mule having a small rear wing and rumors that a r/kr would have a bigger one

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The GT500 has never had a target. There has never been a Camaro or Challenger which was anywhere near the ballpark, performance-wise. This time will be no different.
The previous 500 didn’t have the 1le or hellcats to compete with. This time is different

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Ok.....I’ll ask again. Where has this been confirmed? I’m not talking some forum post from some guy that had a beer with another guy who met a guy whose cousin used to work at a ford dealer and has the inside scoop. I’m not saying there is not an r/kr coming, I want to see where this info is coming from. The only thing I’ve seen is speculation based on a test mule having a small rear wing and rumors that a r/kr would have a bigger one
I hate to break it to you, but info over beers is the predominant source of info on here.:beer:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The previous 500 didn’t have the 1le or hellcats to compete with. This time is different
And those cars haven’t had a GT500 to compete with. Was fun for a while, but once the King of the Road arrives, they have to get back at the end of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.