Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang leaked specs: 720HP @ 7500 RPM, 650 ft-lbs @ 4500 RPM, 4225lbs curb weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's a god damn track car, it's supposed to be stiff and damn near undriveable on the street. if you're buying a ZL1 1LE, then you shouldn't be bitching about it being "too harsh", you should've bought a standard Zl1 instead

x2 on this. Ford added weight to the GT in form of trick suspension and active aero and found that it provided much better handling. If Ford goes this route (also, keep in mind, the GT has DSSV dampers just like the 1LE and is notoriously harsh driving), I will be satisfied
I don't think the DSSV dampers make a car harsh or not, but rather how they are tuned. I don't recall reading anywhere that the GT was harsh riding, but rather the opposite.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's a god damn track car, it's supposed to be stiff and damn near undriveable on the street. if you're buying a ZL1 1LE, then you shouldn't be bitching about it being "too harsh", you should've bought a standard Zl1 instead
It's not set up for track only. It meets all requirements to be a regular road car. The assumption being that anyone who buys one will drive it on the road. Most people can't afford a dedicated track car. I would assume that GM made the car to sell. They would sell more if they made the ride more livable.

Obviously GM could make a track only car with no VIN similar to the COPO Camaro except for road course use. They chose not to do that.

I disagree with your assertion that it's a GD track car. I think it's supposed to be a street car with good track performance. Just that GM didn't make it a very good street car.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh my god...so now that a magazine says so Mr. I have tried everything and I know better than everyone else, it's now true? Wow. EVERYONE, our lord and savior Jake zx2 has spoken! You are wrong and he is right! Except how my GT350 is unlivable on the streets because I still haven't had to visit a chiropractor but he is right and you are WRONG! ALL HAIL JAKE ZX2! THERE IS ONLY ONE WORD AND THE WORD OF THE LORD JAKE ZX2!

Get real...if someone wants to live with a harsher car just because you're a bitch made pussy just leave it at that. But don't go around telling others how wrong they are because you think otherwise based off of subjective experience or tolerances. Now stop being a bag of cocks and let people have an opinion. Douche bag.
Then why do you go nuts when magazine reviews speak on the harshness of the 1LE? Ultimately, I've been in both, and the GT3 really is not much better than the 1LE in regards to harshness. But bet won't take my word for it either, because I'm just a nobody on the internet. So, now the question is, what evidence do YOU have that says otherwise, dear "almighty enlightened douchebag"?

BTW, I never said your GT350 was "unliveable", but please let me know when you pull the same lap times as you would in a 1LE. I don't know how I'm the "bitch made pussy" when I'm telling people to stop complaining that their track car is too track focused, but okay. But this isn't about "letting people have an opinion", this is about me bruising your oh-so-small ego. The only way you EVER find to refute what I say is by slinging insults and personal attacks. Goes to show who's the real douchebag of this scenario

I don't think the DSSV dampers make a car harsh or not, but rather how they are tuned. I don't recall reading anywhere that the GT was harsh riding, but rather the opposite.
True, but cars with DSSV installed are typically harsh riding, because if you go as far as to install DSSV, you're going for all-out, no compromise track performance. Luckily, the FGT has that trick adjustable suspension that can change spring rates on the fly in conjunction with electronic control on the DSSVs, but it's still documented as being fairly harsh on the streets (albeit bearable "for a supercar")

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's not set up for track only. It meets all requirements to be a regular road car. The assumption being that anyone who buys one will drive it on the road. Most people can't afford a dedicated track car. I would assume that GM made the car to sell. They would sell more if they made the ride more livable.

Obviously GM could make a track only car with no VIN similar to the COPO Camaro except for road course use. They chose not to do that.

I disagree with your assertion that it's a GD track car. I think it's supposed to be a street car with good track performance. Just that GM didn't make it a very good street car.
The ZL1 is a street car with good track performance. The ZL1 1LE is a BARELY street legal, highly track focused car that was created with the intention of the package to have about a 7% take rate. This car was not made to sell, it was a car made to be driven to your local track and obliterate anything there

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
True, but cars with DSSV installed are typically harsh riding, because if you go as far as to install DSSV, you're going for all-out, no compromise track performance. Luckily, the FGT has that trick adjustable suspension that can change spring rates on the fly in conjunction with electronic control on the DSSVs, but it's still documented as being fairly harsh on the streets (albeit bearable "for a supercar")
Link to ANYWHERE that says the GT was harsh riding on the street? All I've read is that it's quite compliant and nice riding .

Sponsored

Benjj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camero
Oh my god...so now that a magazine says so Mr. I have tried everything and I know better than everyone else, it's now true? Wow. EVERYONE, our lord and savior Jake zx2 has spoken! You are wrong and he is right! Except how my GT350 is unlivable on the streets because I still haven't had to visit a chiropractor but he is right and you are WRONG! ALL HAIL JAKE ZX2! THERE IS ONLY ONE WORD AND THE WORD OF THE LORD JAKE ZX2!

Get real...if someone wants to live with a harsher car just because you're a bitch made pussy just leave it at that. But don't go around telling others how wrong they are because you think otherwise based off of subjective experience or tolerances. Now stop being a bag of cocks and let people have an opinion. Douche bag.
This gt500 is tearing you guys apart. It hurts me to lerk over here and see you guys hurting each other with your words.:dance::devil:

On a serious note, everyone is looking at weight and how ford is probably going to use more carbon fiber and aluminum to bring the weight down. I think the bigger picture is going to be price. A 2019 gt350r is tipping the scales at $69k this year with the upgrades it got. Now add a supercharger, additional coolers, bigger tranny, bigger brakes, more aluminum, more carbon fiber, and all the tech goodies that the 350r doesn’t have. Where is this car going to land? Are we looking at an $80k-$100k Mustang? What numbers will this car need to pull to be considered a success at that price point and this late in the game? Is ford aiming too low at cars that are several years old(zl1/hellcat) or is it going to come out and just decimate all?

Hurry up ford, your gt500 is tearing this forum apart

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yup. But weight reduction costs money. People think they're going to get a 3,900lb $75k 800hp GT500 :cwl:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Link to ANYWHERE that says the GT was harsh riding on the street? All I've read is that it's quite compliant and nice riding .
I could’ve sworn I saw a few editors calling it harsh on the street back when it first came out, but rereading through the articles, all I can seem to find is issues with road noise,
discomfort due to cabin size, and fuel consumption. Consider me corrected! :cheers:

Yup. But weight reduction costs money. People think they're going to get a 3,900lb $75k 800hp GT500 :cwl:
I feel like a ~4000lb $80k 750hp GT500 is somewhat realistic

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The ZL1 is a street car with good track performance. The ZL1 1LE is a BARELY street legal, highly track focused car that was created with the intention of the package to have about a 7% take rate. This car was not made to sell, it was a car made to be driven to your local track and obliterate anything there
The ZL1 1LE will obliterate the GT500 too. The ZL1 1LE is a Track Beast.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
The ZL1 1LE will obliterate the GT500 too. The ZL1 1LE is a Track Beast.
That's pretty hard to say without seeing what track model the gt500 is even bringing out. If there is a gt500r or gt500kr, i doubt that the zl1 1le will obliterate it, and if so then Ford really didn't do their job well. I do, however, doubt it. It will be close at the very least i bet.

Sponsored

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
That's pretty hard to say without seeing what track model the gt500 is even bringing out. If there is a gt500r or gt500kr, i doubt that the zl1 1le will obliterate it, and if so then Ford really didn't do their job well. I do, however, doubt it. It will be close at the very least i bet.
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that there is a GT500r and I don't see why it would cost anything less than $100k. For that kind of money, I'm fairly confident it will have everything necessary to obliterate the ZL1-1LE on the track. We will see...

Benjj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camero
I think he’s assuming that there will be crapmaros parked at the cars and coffee. God help us when the gt500s start showing up. It’s going to be death race 2000 across America.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that there is a GT500r and I don't see why it would cost anything less than $100k. For that kind of money, I'm fairly confident it will have everything necessary to obliterate the ZL1-1LE on the track. We will see...
where has it been confirmed there will be a gt500r?
if its going to obliterate the 1le, what is its target? zr1? seems more likely that it will be balanced between chasing the 1le on the track and the challenger at the strip. which would make it the best all around car of the three. price wise if the gt350r is roughly $70k, this thing will easily push $80k, maybe even higher. i dont see how they will justify six figures though. at that number who is shopping ford? i certainly wouldn't.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.