Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Ford Performance Engineers Training Dealer Reveals More Specs

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Dodge does clearly state that they offer the Demon crate as an AFTERMARKET package. It’s just they they developed and sell it to you with the car.

Equivalent would be Ford offering. A Venom aftermarket package from Ford performance that isn’t quite street legal, but is peace of mind inspiring being from Ford.

I’m thinking Ford comes out with the KR which approaches that performance, but doesn’t go into ‘non street legal’ territory. They have the Cobra Jet for that which already mops the floor with anything non street legal from dodge or Chevy.

So, before any aftermarket, illegal on the street, crate packages are added into the equation, the GT500 just may beat even the Demon at its own game off the showroom floor.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Well, I THOUGHT I read it in the eSourcebook but just checked and that wasn't the place. Could I be dreaming? That's certainly possible but my feeble old brain tells me I DID read it SOMEWHERE. I'll keep looking.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Darkane: Sorry for the misinformation, or at least I THINK it was, because despite extensive searching, I found no evidence to support what I said. Therefive, it will take some sort of bolt-on gear for the Flex fuel sensors I guess.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
The Demon is a low to mid 10 second car off the show room floor.

However the crate, which is shipped separately as you know, is all stock parts that you ordered with the car.

Being reasonable though, The only thing you could say is not stock is the front skinny’s because it does not come with tires for them.

As I have said many times the 9.65 number is a joke and a bad one at that. It’s false advertising and a joke.

It is a 9.8 to 10.2 car with all the goodies installed.
Now we have the tale of two stock Demons.
One with the crate and one without.......who's the most stock?

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Darkane: Sorry for the misinformation, or at least I THINK it was, because despite extensive searching, I found no evidence to support what I said. Therefive, it will take some sort of bolt-on gear for the Flex fuel sensors I guess.
All good my man, I was just surprised I missed it. I’m pretty diligent, maybe my mind is going haha.

Cheers

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
The one without.

I guess the crate is a factory mod haha

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
It's really interesting. but Dodge says the crate is the factory's AFTERMARKET package to install.

so it does classify as aftermarket, even though you buy it with the car.

I guess it's their way of skirting the rules.

But no one's crying about that. It gives the car something to brag about - even if it isn't really apples to apples.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
It's really interesting. but Dodge says the crate is the factory's AFTERMARKET package to install.

so it does classify as aftermarket, even though you buy it with the car.

I guess it's their way of skirting the rules.

But no one's crying about that. It gives the car something to brag about - even if it isn't really apples to apples.
Agreed, I think its pretty great and I would most certainly love the option. The thing some people don't understand is, it's still "aftermarket" to the point it is no longer street legal, so it really can't be the baseline of how people compare it to stock street legal cars. It must be compared as it comes without the crate kit installed to be an apples to apples comparison.

Jaime

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Talking about the GT350 "The motor itself is mostly bulletproof." :crackup:

Yet 100% correct about the transmission. Great explanation. This is not your fathers auto, it is a manual transmission shifted automatically faster than any human can imagine.

Last edited:

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
The new GT500 should go mid 9's imo with a dedicated drag brake/ wheel/ tire set up + pulley + tune + exhaust.
From the size of those truck rotors, callipers, heavy wheels and tires that come with the base car I wouldn't be surprised to see a 250 lbs weight reductions once those mods are done with 15" skinnies and chubbies and put the total weight of the car right back at 4000 lbs or even below touching the 3950 mark once you remove the passenger seat at the track.

These cars will rock and there are lots of areas to reduce weight by just looking at it. 9.4s-9.7s with those mods, easy if the DCT doesn't explode before that, lol

I see weight reduction and tune as one of the most beneficial mods for the new GT500s, then pulleys, then this than that, etc...

Time will tell if i'm wrong or right as I might order one of these heavy beauties and do it my way.
Sponsored

Last edited: