Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP Track Day with Charles from FFP + trans overheat again! (video)

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
Charles from Function Factory Racing/Function Factory Performance joins me at Eagle's Canyon Raceway in TX for a HOT, but fun ass track day in the advanced red group with Chin Track Days! My buddies are also there with their 2020+ GT500s for some 100+ degree track fun! After an orientation session, we hit 2 hard sessions, each ending with a transmission overheat. We then took Charles' rental BMW X1 SUV out for some track fun that was supposed to be "parade laps!" The BMW got a good workout sliding around the track and it even found the turf just outside of the prepared track! I hope you enjoy!

Sponsored

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Great video. I'm in Arizona and heard that the Function Factory GT500 has had a transmission replacement already? Not sure if it's related to overheating issues, or may not be true at all. However disappointing to hear these transmissions are an issue for track duty in higher temps.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I wouldn't reach that conclusion just yet.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
Great video. I'm in Arizona and heard that the Function Factory GT500 has had a transmission replacement already? Not sure if it's related to overheating issues, or may not be true at all. However disappointing to hear these transmissions are an issue for track duty in higher temps.
Charles did have the trans replaced in his car. As for my overheating issues... I’ve already solved it and track tested it on another 100+ degree day. I’ve got some editing to do, but info coming soon.
Sponsored