Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP Track Day! Motorsport Ranch Cresson TX 1.7 CCW First solo track session! (video)

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
Some firsts! This was my 5th track day overall, but first time running solo! The other sessions have all been lead/follow. This was also my 1st time at this track. We ran the 1.7 mile loop CCW during a private track rental by invite only. I had instructors in-car for the first 3 sessions and then ran solo for the last run. See me burn a lot of gas, go off track a bit on a tight turn, chew-up some tires and have a blast while doing it! This video took countless hours over a week to edit... I hope you enjoy!

Sponsored

themik99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2022 F-150 Tremor
It's awesome to see people using the cars as they were intended to be used! Keep the videos coming!

I just booked a track day for June. Can't wait to see how much different it is than my 2014. The Track Attack was a blast, but can't wait for winter to be over and to get out to my home track (Gingerman).

Last edited:

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
WOW, looks like a blast. Having adjustable caster camber plates has served your tires well.
Did you get track insurance for this event?

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
It's awesome to see people using the cars as they were intended to be used! Keep the videos coming!

I just booked a track day for June. Can't wait to see how much different it is than my 2014. The Track Attack was one a blast, but can't wait for winter to be over and to get out to my home track (Gingerman).
You are going to have a BLAST! You’ll find quite the difference between your 14 and 20 on the track. First off, the IRS and magneride will inspire confidence, especially in the turns and while hitting bumps. The other amazing aspect is the car is basically “heat proof” in stock form. There is zero power loss due to heat soak and zero brake fade. You can pound on the brakes all day long and they are always there! The new GT500 is a track BEAST!
WOW, looks like a blast. Having adjustable caster camber plates has served your tires well.
Thank you sir! Yes, I am surprised how much life I have gotten out of the tires. I have 8 track session over 2 days and there is still quite a bit of life left in the SC2s. Having a proper track alignment is the key from what I can see. I did buy a backup set to have on hand last week for when I need them. I also have the original wheels/tires that I removed when the car was new... not sure if I’ll ever run those or just preserve them. They only have 10 miles on them.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
I looked into it... I was quoted ~$800 for the day. I opted not to get the track insurance.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yea, so anyway, as I said in the other thread, let me know if you are interested in Daytona.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Yea, so anyway, as I said in the other thread, let me know if you are interested in Daytona.
Daytona would be awesome! Only problem is the distance. I could get there easily, just not with my car.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Looks like a blast. April won't get here fast enough. 2 days at MSR Houston.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
You are going to have a frigg’n BLAST! 🤟
It will be my second track day on a much bigger track than my first go. I cannot wait. Maybe the June track day at Eagles Canyon we can meet up if you are going or later in the year? I want to do COTA as well but would like some more seat time on other tracks first.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
It will be my second track day on a much bigger track than my first go. I cannot wait. Maybe the June track day at Eagles Canyon we can meet up if you are going or later in the year? I want to do COTA as well but would like some more seat time on other tracks first.
There are a couple dates this month at Eagles Canyon in the works. The 13th and the 20th. If the 20th happens, I should be there. I’d love to meet-up at a track day. Holler when you are going!
can you share your specs? Or are they just the specs in the GT500 manual?
I did the specs in the manual:

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
I looked into it... I was quoted ~$800 for the day. I opted not to get the track insurance.
Check out Haggerty next time. I just did a quick quote to cover $80K for up to 3 days for $508.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Check out Haggerty next time. I just did a quick quote to cover $80K for up to 3 days for $508.
That was a Hagerty quote, but the car’s value was higher.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
That was a Hagerty quote, but the car’s value was higher.
Gotcha. Must be a big step change for ~$100K. What I do like about the insurance is it covers up to 3 days and you can buy it the day before.
Sponsored