Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP Ozarks International Raceway Chin Track Day 1! (video)

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
Thats not the story I heard. But either way, Nick is a great guy to be around on the track.
This was told to me by the man himself. The CFTP was purchased for an adventure… that adventure was killed by COVID.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This was told to me by the man himself. The CFTP was purchased for an adventure… that adventure was killed by COVID.
He's not driving a 500 around the track, is he?

Hmm.

Must be covid...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
He's not driving a 500 around the track, is he?

Hmm.

Must be covid...
I’ll repeat what I said above. Nick said he bought a 2020 CFTP to go on tour of Europe with… a father/son adventure before the son went off to college. They were going to hit tracks across Europe with the car. COVID hit and Europe shut down killing that plan. He subsequently sold the car as the reason he bought it was no longer an option.

The body in white 5.2 purpose built track car he drives at the tracks is a much more capable track car. It’s just not a street legal car you could tour Europe with.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
he bought a 2020 CFTP to go on tour of Europe with… a father/son adventure before the son went off to college. They were going to hit tracks across Europe with the car.
Wow. What an awesome father. I thought I was an awesome dad. I need to up my game. That sounds like an amazing thing to do with a son. I have 2 of them. An 18yr old senior in high school and a 3yr old. 18yr old is off to the military after HS right away so he's S.O.L. Guess I got about 15 yrs to plan that European tour for the little guy. Hope my cars hold up till then. Or I'll have to buy a 2037 GT500 electric-whatever-it-is.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Wow. What an awesome father. I thought I was an awesome dad. I need to up my game. That sounds like an amazing thing to do with a son. I have 2 of them. An 18yr old senior in high school and a 3yr old. 18yr old is off to the military after HS right away so he's S.O.L. Guess I got about 15 yrs to plan that European tour for the little guy. Hope my cars hold up till then. Or I'll have to buy a 2037 GT500 electric-whatever-it-is.
What branch is your oldest going in and what is he going to be doing?

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
What branch is your oldest going in and what is he going to be doing?
Military Police, Army National Guard. It's not full time in one the the big 5 (Army,Navy,AF, USMC, CG), but I'm still super proud of him. 6 year commitment, his 1st year he's still in Senior Year of HS, so it's really only 5yrs by the time he goes to Basic and MP school. I hear Fort Leanord Wood in Missouri is an "interesting" place. 🇺🇲

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Military Police, Army National Guard. It's not full time in one the the big 5 (Army,Navy,AF, USMC, CG), but I'm still super proud of him. 6 year commitment, his 1st year he's still in Senior Year of HS, so it's really only 5yrs by the time he goes to Basic and MP school. I hear Fort Leanord Wood in Missouri is an "interesting" place. 🇺🇲
Congratulations all the way around!

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
We all know who he is. A simple google will reveal that. If the car he is running now is a body in white, that is news to me. He had a red R that I thought he turned into what it is today.
i cant post a link in here from trackmustangsonline since the 6g nazi’s will ban it….but he has entire build thread for the crashed black car he turned into the first body in white purpose built grey gt350 he runs in tt2. Its called wheres wally if you want to search it. it actually helped me with my racecar build.

the newest white one is him trying to make it as light as possible.
IIRC he still has the red GT350.

@Goose17 next time you go to ozarks let me know, i’ll go……i wanna see if pf racing would sell a gt4 🤣🤣🤣

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
i cant post a link in here from trackmustangsonline since the 6g nazi’s will ban it….but he has entire build thread for the crashed black car he turned into the first body in white purpose built grey gt350 he runs in tt2. Its called wheres wally if you want to search it. it actually helped me with my racecar build.

@Goose17 next time you go to ozarks let me know, i’ll go……i wanna see if pf racing would sell a gt4 🤣🤣🤣
Thank Tony!

My next planned trip there is the first week of May for Shelbyfest 2023, which is in Jefferson City. There will be a track day or two again at OIR.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Ill see him in December

Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Great Job!