Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP Crazy Track Day with Oil Overheats at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit! (video)

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
Charles from Function Factory Performance joins me in my 760hp 2020 Shelby GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack riding on Hoosier R7 tires for an intense private track day at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit in Oklahoma! We had 20 cars split into groups of 5 on the track at a time. It was north of 100 degrees and my car had engine oil overheat issues, which resulted in the computer pulling power to protect the engine. Despite the heat/overheat, we had an absolute BLAST! I learned the track in the 1st session with Charles' coaching and then went FULL SEND on session 2 setting the best lap time of all the cars for the day! Charles piloted my car in the afternoon while I sat right seat for the first time at the track. He drove the ever-liv'n SHIT out of the car! He switched off auto-shifting as well as traction control... got sideways and he even drifted around one of the corners! I wasn't sure of our fate multiple times during that wild session! You'll see a crazy comical moment as my missing sunglasses reappeared mid-session under the pedals while Charles was driving! I also take a fellow GT500 owner buddy out on track and and run the car HARD! The video finishes with bonus footage of the quickest lap of the day captured on my helmet cam, which is better at capturing the chaos! I hope you enjoy!

Sponsored