Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP Advanced Track Day! (Video)

themik99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Craziest track day to date for me! Eagles Canyon Raceway in TX hosted an Advanced Performance Driving Day at their track with 2 groups: orange & yellow for 5 sessions. I was placed in the top (yellow) group with 2 Porsches (a GT3 & a Turbo S). We had a ZO6 with us for the 1st session, but he hurt his motor and dropped out leaving just the 2 German track machines and me! Sessions 4 & 5 were opened to the track members that brought out their crazy dedicated track cars. I was chasing a 2800 lb. stripped Porsche running a GT3 suspension and driven by the Porsche Club of America's Master Instructor (I found out after). I had my fastest lap chasing after him with a 2:07.4. A friend with a base model 2020 GT500 was in the other group... he was running 2:20 laps with one at 2:18.

I give you different camera views inside and outside the car. The video finishes with my fastest 3 consecutive laps with real time data as well as an overhead view with my performance data. I hope you enjoy this video... it was an EPIC day at the track!

Goose,

Just out of curiosity, did you do the brake burnish in the owner's supplement before your first track day? I have my first track day with this car coming up next week and I'm trying to get prepared.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
Goose,

Just out of curiosity, did you do the brake burnish in the owner's supplement before your first track day? I have my first track day with this car coming up next week and I'm trying to get prepared.
I did brake burnishing when the car was brand new, again before my first track day and then again when I changed calipers and pads.

I’m not overly convinced it is 100% necessary... your first lap or two will be at a reduced speed as the tires warm. You will essentially be burnishing your brakes during this lap before all-out hammering on them on subsequent laps.

What I’d say is more important is getting a proper track alignment. This is vital to tire longevity.

Get ready for some serious fun!

70SR2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2021 Rapid Red GT500
Nice video. Looks like a great course. I have been to Cresson multiple times but not this track.

I do get nervous though when I see bare arms and legs. Given the speeds you are running at, a driver suit would be a smart investment to go with the belts, hans device, and helmet you already have.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Nice video. Looks like a great course. I have been to Cresson multiple times but not this track.

I do get nervous though when I see bare arms and legs. Given the speeds you are running at, a driver suit would be a smart investment to go with the belts, hans device, and helmet you already have.
Cresson is a fun track, but Eagles Canyon is even better. You have got to give it a go... it’s a good time!

70SR2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2021 Rapid Red GT500
Cresson is a fun track, but Eagles Canyon is even better. You have got to give it a go... it’s a good time!
I definitely plan on it. I just need Ford to build my car. :cool:

I have a long bucket list of tracks I plan to experience.

Sponsored

Venom52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 CFTP, 23 Durango SRT 392
The 3.1 configuration of cresson is the absolute best. It's the only way to drive at cresson personally.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I definitely plan on it. I just need Ford to build my car. :cool:

I have a long bucket list of tracks I plan to experience.
The 3.1 configuration of cresson is the absolute best. It's the only way to drive at cresson personally.
We have a “posse” of 2020+ GT500s in the DFW area that meet up for events. We are meeting this Saturday again. If you guys would like info, send me a pm.

As for the 3.1 at Cresson, I have heard it’s awesome. The 2 times I’ve run at Cresson, all we had was the 1.7. The other section is usually dedicated to the Drive Exotics group.
Sponsored