Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 carbon fiber wheels! (Up close/personal with measurements and weights.)

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
I found a set of the elusive carbon fiber track pack wheels and tires! In this video, we get a close look at the CFTP wheels. I also get measurements and weights as well as show part numbers for base owners who wish to add these to their car.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Nice find. My guess is the "crap ton" paid was at least 8k but regardless, having an extra set for the reasons stated is priceless when you need them.

50th#427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FR500S, 2013 BOSS 302, 2015 50th Wimbledon White Anniversary LE, 2020 GT350HEP
I would suspect at some point down the road these will be very difficult to purchase; although pricey if I had a CFTP GT500 I'd seriously think about getting a second set (if not then one front and rear)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would suspect at some point down the road these will be very difficult to purchase; although pricey if I had a CFTP GT500 I'd seriously think about getting a second set (if not then one front and rear)
I think this will go the way of the GT350 CF wheels. You will see them for sale every now and then (usually because someone thinks it is a payday by parting his car out after buying a set of signature wheels), but they won't be cheap and they won't pop up all the time. My prediction is after a few model years, you will probably see them in the classified section for around the 15K+ mark. I think a guy just sold his for 18K

I bought the CF wheel warranty. I don't foresee the need to have an extra set of CF wheels laying around. I already have two sets for my Rs, and all they do is take up space. Don't get me wrong, for the right price, I'd be all over having an extra set. However I think at this point in my life, I can find better ways to spend $15K+ for a redundancy.

Oh, and BTW, these wheels are so totally repairable. I have a CF wheel repair thread here on the forum. Its a hassle, but even if you cant get the warranty, you can still fix your wheels.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I think this will go the way of the GT350 CF wheels. You will see them for sale every now and then (usually because someone thinks it is a payday by parting his car out after buying a set of signature wheels), but they won't be cheap and they won't pop up all the time. My prediction is after a few model years, you will probably see them in the classified section for around the 15K+ mark. I think a guy just sold his for 18K

I bought the CF wheel warranty. I don't foresee the need to have an extra set of CF wheels laying around. I already have two sets for my Rs, and all they do is take up space. Don't get me wrong, for the right price, I'd be all over having an extra set. However I think at this point in my life, I can find better ways to spend $15K+ for a redundancy.

Oh, and BTW, these wheels are so totally repairable. I have a CF wheel repair thread here on the forum. Its a hassle, but even if you cant get the warranty, you can still fix your wheels.
Many warranty companies will try to repair first anyway - cant say that I blame them....but if you damage a CF wheel, I wouldn't be surprised if they want to fix it vs replace it.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Many warranty companies will try to repair first anyway - cant say that I blame them....but if you damage a CF wheel, I wouldn't be surprised if they want to fix it vs replace it.
There is only 1 guy in the country that fixes these wheels. Id be surprised if they knew about him. Also, any CF wheel damage I have seen that was covered under warranty was replaced vs repaired. The damages that I have seen certainly could have been fixed. Even with the warranty, it is a fight.... But I have always seen the owner come out on top.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I just watched the video, you are the guy who bought those off ambjr I bet. I heard they sold for 18K

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
I just watched the video, you are the guy who bought those off ambjr I bet. I heard they sold for 18K
I’m not sure who “ambjr” is, but if he lives in California, then it’s probably my seller. He in fact was asking $18k for the wheels, but I shot him a lower offer which he accepted.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I’m not sure who “ambjr” is, but if he lives in California, then it’s probably my seller. He in fact was asking $18k for the wheels, but I shot him a lower offer which he accepted.
Nice, congrats!

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge

18K!!!!!!!!! That's crazy!!! You can get a nice used car for that.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
He got a "GOOD" deal; I sold him wheels and tires for less than $18K!!!
Hello Allen! I didn’t know you were on this forum. Thanks again for the wheels. I hope you do something fun with the $!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I just watched it in its entirety. That was funny, nice fedex plug.
Sponsored