Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Bad Ass Track Day in 4K! (video)

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
Impromptu track day with 8 camera locations inside/outside the car including chase cars! On track with a ZO6, ZR1, R8 and others. You'll see me chewing up tires running solo as well as getting instruction from an instructor friend.

Turn up your volume and get ready for some track horsepower adrenaline!

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Nice footage! That looks like a helluva lot of fun, and expensive! I couldn’t afford the tires you must go through lol

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Awesome. My buddy and I do a lot of motorcycle track days.
He is #760 as well. 😃
imagejpeg_0y.jpg

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Nice footage! That looks like a helluva lot of fun, and expensive! I couldn’t afford the tires you must go through lol
Thanks Brian! I just bought more
 they have gone up a little as of late. It’s now $2k for a set.
Awesome. My buddy and I do a lot of motorcycle track days.
He is #760 as well. 😃
imagejpeg_0y.jpg
That’s frigg’n COOL! If someone else shows up with the same number, my digits are magnetic and separate. I could easily be 76 or 60, etc.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
How much camber were you running at Cresson?

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I just bought more
 they have gone up a little as of late. It’s now $2k for a set.
I just bought a set of Cup-2’s at Discount Tire for $1700. Michelin had a rebate and they give a 10% military/veteran discount now.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
How much camber were you running at Cresson?
I am running the track alignment specs per the owner’s manual, but I will probably be adding a bit more negative camber soon.
I just bought a set of Cup-2’s at Discount Tire for $1700. Michelin had a rebate and they give a 10% military/veteran discount now.
Damn! That’s a great deal! I didn’t know they could get the FP variants, assuming that’s what you got. I’ve been buying through tire rack.
Great track video. Looks like you added vinyl side stripes, they look good.
Thanks! I designed the side stripes with Benjamin Bemaro’s help. He then made them for me. I also designed the GT500 graphic on the sides of the wings that he did for me as well.

0D16D6CA-F9C3-46CB-AC8C-63E7A1EC66C3.jpeg

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Did you put those stripes over the ppf ?
No
 I have PPF on everything forward of the doors as well as the A-pillars, mirror caps, roof, wing and wheels. That area only has ceramic (quartz) and I put more ceramic over the side stripes after I installed them.

The wing graphics (top, bottom and sides) are over PPF though.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Damn! That’s a great deal! I didn’t know they could get the FP variants, assuming that’s what you got. I’ve been buying through tire rack.
Yes, I have the FP tires. Have to order them using their online website (that’s how they verify the Vet status). They actually obtained the rears from Tire Rack! Must have an agreement of some sort.
I did inquire if they had the special machine for CF wheels at that location, and he said “No.” But they have a plastic guard and a way of holding the device about an 1” off of the wheel to not damage it. I don’t have CF wheels, but was just curious. He said they do handle exotics of some sort all the time.
Since I had ordered Cup-2’s, he assumed I had CF wheels and was ready to take care of them.

180DEF30-734D-41DF-9F47-F17E3389359E.jpeg

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
No
 I have PPF on everything forward of the doors as well as the A-pillars, mirror caps, roof, wing and wheels. That area only has ceramic (quartz) and I put more ceramic over the side stripes after I installed them.

The wing graphics (top, bottom and sides) are over PPF though.
Ahh ok my CFTP is fully wrapped

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Ahh ok my CFTP is fully wrapped
I went to a place that normally does high end cars. They only do hand-cut (vs. pattern cut). For the price I paid for their partial PPF/ceramic, I could have gotten the entire car done by a pattern shop. I am happy with the results though. You cannot see a single edge anywhere. I was at a car show and a guy asked why I didn’t have PPF
 I told him I did. He said “I don’t see it anywhere.” I told him: “EXACTLY!”

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I have the FP tires. Have to order them using their online website (that’s how they verify the Vet status). They actually obtained the rears from Tire Rack! Must have an agreement of some sort.
I did inquire if they had the special machine for CF wheels at that location, and he said “No.” But they have a plastic guard and a way of holding the device about an 1” off of the wheel to not damage it. I don’t have CF wheels, but was just curious. He said they do handle exotics of some sort all the time.
Since I had ordered Cup-2’s, he assumed I had CF wheels and was ready to take care of them.

180DEF30-734D-41DF-9F47-F17E3389359E.jpeg
That’s fantastic! I’m ex-mil as well. I’ll have to look into this when I go for another set. Thanks for sharing!

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I went to a place that normally does high end cars. They only do hand-cut (vs. pattern cut). For the price I paid for their partial PPF/ceramic, I could have gotten the entire car done by a pattern shop. I am happy with the results though. You cannot see a single edge anywhere. I was at a car show and a guy asked why I didn’t have PPF
 I told him I did. He said “I don’t see it anywhere.” I told him: “EXACTLY!”

Yes I paid for a custom job as well . All edges wrapped . Only part you can see is the tear off section in front of the rear quarter panel.
Sponsored