2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
All I can say is I feel sorry for all you guys. I have played that whole game to the point that I'm out. The whole allocation process and ADM is just totally ridiculous. You would think you were buying a friggin Chiron! Plain and simple Ford can make cars like this but their dealers don't have a clue! About anything! How are you guys going to feel bringing your 6 figure GT500 to the average Ford dealer for service? Christ I don't even trust them with my RS's! Amazing.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

This.
It was about 2 weeks from DORA to my dealer showing me unscheduled-clean, and then maybe 3 days until I got my VIN
How long before you got the "Scheduled to Week of 9/23/2019?

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
All I can say is I feel sorry for all you guys. I have played that whole game to the point that I'm out. The whole allocation process and ADM is just totally ridiculous. You would think you were buying a friggin Chiron! Plain and simple Ford can make cars like this but their dealers don't have a clue! About anything! How are you guys going to feel bringing your 6 figure GT500 to the average Ford dealer for service? Christ I don't even trust them with my RS's! Amazing.
I feel you man. It was a lot of work to find this car and make a deal I was comfortable with. I’ve also thought about service. The dealerships within an hour of me are complete retards. I’m going to have to do some serious research on where to take this thing once I ever get it.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

How long before you got the "Scheduled to Week of 9/23/2019?
Going by my text messages,

I "placed" the Order July 2nd, Got a text saying zone rep was attempting to schedule on July 15, July 17 priority code to 01, Unscheduled-Clean.

On 7/25 he texts saying he got a text on 7/24 my order was put in but he was not in the office. So 7/25 i saw my VIN/Build date of 9/23

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Going by my text messages,

I "placed" the Order July 2nd, Got a text saying zone rep was attempting to schedule on July 15, July 17 priority code to 01, Unscheduled-Clean.

On 7/25 he texts saying he got a text on 7/24 my order was put in but he was not in the office. So 7/25 i saw my VIN/Build date of 9/23
That's pretty darn quick. The next couple of months should be pretty interesting. If I remember correctly, Ford schedules future productions every Friday.
If this is correct, we should start seeing scheduled weeks 9/30, 10/07, 10/14, 10/21, 10/28, 11/04, 11/11, 11/18, 11/25 and 12/02.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
GUYS i appreciate all the information, but I can't understand why not 1 or 2, BUT 4 dealers that i have talked to say they are 'waiting' on allocations. The way its been described there is no WAITING once paid, the only thing to wait on is the order banks which we all know are open. So i have 4 dealers that are morons or dealers that are shady. The idiocracy of this is mind numbing. Surely there is a computer system or screen, a printout, a daily report, a person, a filing cabinet, etc that shows whether a dealer has an allocation? Surely there not going to the general ledger at Ford and looking for $2000 payment to verify. How can i help my guy figure this out, or uncover his shenanigans, who can i call or who can help me?

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
GUYS i appreciate all the information, but I can't understand why not 1 or 2, BUT 4 dealers that i have talked to say they are 'waiting' on allocations. The way its been described there is no WAITING once paid, the only thing to wait on is the order banks which we all know are open. So i have 4 dealers that are morons or dealers that are shady. The idiocracy of this is mind numbing. Surely there is a computer system or screen, a printout, a daily report, a person, a filing cabinet, etc that shows whether a dealer has an allocation? Surely there not going to the general ledger at Ford and looking for $2000 payment to verify. How can i help my guy figure this out, or uncover his shenanigans, who can i call or who can help me?
The explanation could be, they already used the allocations they had and they are waiting (hoping) for additional allocations.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
GUYS i appreciate all the information, but I can't understand why not 1 or 2, BUT 4 dealers that i have talked to say they are 'waiting' on allocations. The way its been described there is no WAITING once paid, the only thing to wait on is the order banks which we all know are open. So i have 4 dealers that are morons or dealers that are shady.
Possible explanation: If they can't make a sale, they still don't want another dealer to get you or your money even if they have to lie. So, am not surprised that some lies work better than others and are common.

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
The explanation could be, they already used the allocations they had and they are waiting (hoping) for additional allocations.
I heard from another dealer that I was calling early in the year saying they got a 2nd allocation.. it was a tele sales guy so I value nothing that came out of his mouth.

The only thing I can think of is that they are holding the allocation to see what kind of adm they can get.

Also, you need to speak w/ sales mgr or gm. Nothing else.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
I just found out that my dealer was offered $15,000 for their allocation by another dealer if it was a golden ticket. I was told that the regional manager wasn’t even sure of the golden ticket allocation in my region.

So maybe dealers are still holding onto their allocations to see what sort of ADM they can get or what they can sell the allocation for

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
I found a good local Ford dealer today, central PA. Confirmed they are in the Shelby program, will never charge AMD confirmed with the owner. Their 1 guaranteed 2020 allocation is spoken for (not me) but if anyone is interested in getting a potential 2nd from them or a 2021 let me know.

Also i have nothing to do with the dealer, i just drove by and decided to stop and ask.

iR8Snake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
If you’re in the Canadian Market and are willing to pay adm almost every dealer I was in contact with from Alberta to Ontario has between 4-6 allocations. Alberta avg adm $35k. Manitoba and Saskatchewan $30k. West Ontario $35k. GTA $50k, Ottawa $35k

Dealers in the GTA suck each other off and stick to that adm the longest

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

Something is fishy, the zone reps have that information. Getting the run around is bs