2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
If by 'some' you mean 'all', then yes. :D

That reminds me of a Monty Python bit from the original show, slightly paraphrased, "When I say there is no cannibalism in the Royal Navy, I mean there is some ..."
Was trying to be a nice guy. I figure there are a few good ones out there.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'd say it's a 60/40. 60% fords fault and 40% dealer

Fpetro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350 Saleen S 281
I got an email yesterday asking if I was still interested in the GT500. The golden ticket car is taken but they have a base model too. I told the lady when I inquired back in April I was told 15k ADM , so I said let me know if you get an R allocation. Was told no R but still have a 500 do I want it. Now waiting to see if there is still an ADM. I’ll let you guys know, maybe someone will want it.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Your dealer actually just sounds like he’s uninformed and maybe a little confused as to what he’s doing wrong...it seems to me that if he were looking to deceive you that he would have given up by now...maybe he needs to put you in touch with his Ford Rep
I can "GUARANTEE YOU 1,000%" that won't happen. I tried the same thing and was given a unequivocally NO. That I can assure you WON'T HAPPEN.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
I just heard from my local dealer in Minnesota that they will be charging a 20-25k ADM for “supply and demand”. So PM me if anyone is interested:crackup:. I drove an hour north of these assholes to get an MSRP deal

themik99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Hey guys. I religiously read the board every day but rarely post. I know this is a long shot but it can't hurt to ask.

After 18+ months of working with my dealer (started working with them the morning after the first teaser trailer came out at NAIAS in January 2018) I got the news that they're selling the dealership and the new owner would be making decisions about how to sell the GT500 allocation(s) they will receive. In addition, the feedback I got from them aligns with what protraxduner's dealer told him, which is frustrating but not worth pushing since the current owner is not going to order one before the sale of the dealership.

It might still work out OK, but honestly I have very little faith that the deal will happen. Historically the dealer has been awesome to deal with, refused to take deposits until confirmed allocations were received from Ford, sold all Ford Performance/SVT vehicles at MSRP, and gave me no indication this deal would be any different than when I got my 2014 GT500 from them.

So my now long story short: my deal looks to have fallen through, and I'm hoping that someone will know a dealer contact that I can work with that has a Golden Ticket available. I know I'm most likely screwed at this point on price, but Step 1 has to be finding a dealer that can order a CFTP car. I'm in the Midwest but am willing to go wherever if the dealer is reputable. Specs would be CFTP and vinyl stripes. I'm also canvassing other dealers too but no luck so far.

If anyone has any leads let me know. Thanks to all of you guys, this place is an awesome resource with a great group of members!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Better yet I'd like to find out who the brainchild is.
I have no idea who or how the term of Golden Ticket started but actually I like it because of this. People use the term of allocation and then assume that means the dealer has access to the elusive CFTP and the Painted Stripes. But as we all know by now thats just not true. Allocation just means he will be getting 1 base car because he joined the Shelby Buy In Club and paid his $2,000. But it means nothing regarding the 2 aforementioned expensive options. So again, I didn't start the term Golden Ticket but I do like it so a guy knows when you are using that particular term you are talking about accessibility to getting the CFTP and the Painted Stripes. 2,584 Ford Dealers have an Allocation for a car but only 1,250 cars with the Golden Ticket are going to be allowed to be built and ordered. Hence there is a huge difference between "allocation" and "golden ticket". Just for the record I got a guy on the phone at the worlds largest Ford Dealer (Galpin Ford) and was told they are getting 6 cars. The first 2 are going to the owner and his best friend. The other 4 they are taking orders on and taking names and numbers and all 4 can be ordered with the CFTP and the Painted Stripes--hence the Golden Ticket. The guy I spoke to said all 4 will go for "Way Over MSRP". For what its worth.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have no idea who or how the term of Golden Ticket started but actually I like it because of this. People use the term of allocation and then assume that means the dealer has access to the elusive CFTP and the Painted Stripes. But as we all know by now thats just not true. Allocation just means he will be getting 1 base car because he joined the Shelby Buy In Club and paid his $2,000. But it means nothing regarding the 2 aforementioned expensive options. So again, I didn't start the term Golden Ticket but I do like it so a guy knows when you are using that particular term you are talking about accessibility to getting the CFTP and the Painted Stripes. 2,584 Ford Dealers have an Allocation for a car but only 1,250 cars with the Golden Ticket are going to be allowed to be built and ordered. Hence there is a huge difference between "allocation" and "golden ticket". Just for the record I got a guy on the phone at the worlds largest Ford Dealer (Galpin Ford) and was told they are getting 6 cars. The first 2 are going to the owner and his best friend. The other 4 they are taking orders on and taking names and numbers and all 4 can be ordered with the CFTP and the Painted Stripes--hence the Golden Ticket. The guy I spoke to said all 4 will go for "Way Over MSRP". For what its worth.
An allocation is an authorization by Ford to sell a particular car or trim package. It certainly is not a golden ticket. The term does nothing but dumb it down and add some kind of Willy Wonka spin on it, almost as if it's the customers big lucky day. The so called golden ticket is for nothing but the dealerships big lucky day.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
An allocation is an authorization by Ford to sell a particular car or trim package. It certainly is not a golden ticket. The term does nothing but dumb it down and add some kind of Willy Wonka spin on it, almost as if it's the customers big lucky day. The so called golden ticket is for nothing but the dealerships big lucky day.
Fully Agree on that Tom. The winner here is the dealer in general and especially the ones who are getting multiple cars. But like I said a week ago to the group, a dealer in small town Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, etc etc is not going to be able to compete with a dealer like Galpin in L. A. who has a population of in excess of 10 Million people to draw from. There is no way a dealer can compete with that. So what Ford is really doing is just rewarding the big dealers in the big cities. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out. LOL

themik99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Sorry guys, I didn’t mean to start another Golden Ticket thread; I just used the term Ford coined. Just throwing my name out there in the hopes someone knows of some CFTP dealer availability outside of where I’ve been calling.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Fully Agree on that Tom. The winner here is the dealer in general and especially the ones who are getting multiple cars. But like I said a week ago to the group, a dealer in small town Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, etc etc is not going to be able to compete with a dealer like Galpin in L. A. who has a population of in excess of 10 Million people to draw from. There is no way a dealer can compete with that. So what Ford is really doing is just rewarding the big dealers in the big cities. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out. LOL
Yes they are, based upon sales performance. It has been my point all along that is how Ford does business. This isn't a new scheme that was made up for this car, it is just about the same as the way they allocated GT350s and GT350Rs. With the exception of the cute buzzword they threw on it (golden ticket)

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I don’t think it’s completely clear in the regards that 1250 would be CFTP cars, not golden ticket cars.

Golden ticket refers to both options on an allocation that qualifies for the CFTP.

Because the stripes can be painted on a base model, the chances of every CFTP having stripes is not possible.

The way I understand it is - if a dealer has a CFTP allocation, and say the car is ordered late in the calendar year, and (double jeopardy) there are base models with painted stripe, the CFTP car will be denied the stripes because of back log. Therefore the golden ticket is null and void.

Does that make sense?