Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
My guy says Regional Rep was in the dealership and him, GM and Regional Rep talked. They should know today or tomorrow if they get an allocation this month, otherwise back to waiting, said they only know they get an allocation not when. So no change for me, just waiting, and at this point i don't have any options but to wait.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
This is the biggest cluster bomb $hit I have ever seen in my life. Does the Regional Manager or the National Allocation Manager have the ability to 'steal' the guaranteed 1 allocation or delay it? It would appear many dealers already know (or they think they do) that the have X allocations, the most recent dealer said he has 3 allocations already sold. Are all these guys just literally playing the system and baiting customers with allocations they may not really have? As a dealer, a call to the regional or national manager should be a simple task, and if paid not even necessary, so if this call has been made and they are being told they do not have an allocation yet, then the upper management is also playing games. I cannot believe i am talking about this like it is Area 51 secret $hit.
Much to my surprise after receiving and then losing a allocation I discovered that the dealers
are trading ie: buying and selling allocations among themselves. I'm sheepishly stating the obvious
and I'm not surprised they are. That explains how the dealer I spoke to is asking 20K over on a base and has sold
17 bases. My dealer used the term "dealer marketplace" as he tried to find another car. I'm not anti ADM in fact
paid a ADM for my 2016 track pack. I don't think though I'm ready for a 20k ADM.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Much to my surprise after receiving and then losing a allocation I discovered that the dealers
are trading ie: buying and selling allocations among themselves. I'm sheepishly stating the obvious
and I'm not surprised they are. That explains how the dealer I spoke to is asking 20K over on a base and has sold
17 bases. My dealer used the term "dealer marketplace" as he tried to find another car. I'm not anti ADM in fact
paid a ADM for my 2016 track pack. I don't think though I'm ready for a 20k ADM.
17 sold? Do you know how many of them have been assigned VINs?

I was at a smaller dealer the other day and they mentioned that they get calls everyday from other Ford Dealerships trying to buy their allocation.

Unfortunately for the other dealers this one has already sold theirs, no ADM and it has a build date. They also dont expect a 2nd VIN.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If only someone had inside information or contacts to verify any of this crap. Selling 17 allocations from 1 dealer....I just don't believe it....Maybe that have told 17 people and suckered them in but actually buying and reselling other dealers allocations especially 17 of them...i am just not sure. I mean i picture in my head, sex slave market bidding like in the movie Taken.....this whole Dealer Marketplace is just ridiculous and insane.....not saying it isn't happening but jeeze what a bunch of sneaky bastards.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
If only someone had inside information or contacts to verify any of this crap. Selling 17 allocations from 1 dealer....I just don't believe it....Maybe that have told 17 people and suckered them in but actually buying and reselling other dealers allocations especially 17 of them...i am just not sure. I mean i picture in my head, sex slave market bidding like in the movie Taken.....this whole Dealer Marketplace is just ridiculous and insane.....not saying it isn't happening but jeeze what a bunch of sneaky bastards.

I'm not making this stuff up, these guys are buying and selling allocations to each other.... why not. I am amazed
that I did not think of it before I wondered how some dealers sell so many Shelbys. The dealer I talked to who shall remain unnamed
is legit maybe the largest Shelby dealer in the US.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)

If you think of it from a purely business perspective, a dealer enrolls in the Shelby program for 2500 ?? He then depending on where the dealer
is ie: Southern Cali etc.......... or less prominent area can buy and or sell allotments and make money both ways. All the while promoting the
brand and feeding the hype. Its rather clever, and capitalism at its best, back to high school econ the laws of supply and demand.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
My brother works for a large dealer consortium FL, and he told me their company policy is to not add more than 10% ADM. So to make more money, the sales managers sell their allocations. He said they sold their GT500 allocations for $15K each. That's twice as much as they would make if they did a 10% ADM.
He also said they had 70 initial allocations for C-8 Corvettes. They have sold 60 of them already, all with no ADM.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Many Select (smaller) dealers will make multiple orders knowing all cannot be actually filled. Many will also sell allocations to another dealership for profit. They know not filling an order still becomes an opportunity to bring the buyer into the store to sell them different vehicle. Many Contact (larger) dealerships will actively negotiate allocations with a sizable ADM, and yet are still willing to order for stock and negotiate later to a larger pool of buyers.

The largest dealership in my region is actively working to purchase additional allocations for $4000 to $16,000 over MSRP. The CFTP is said to be offered for $30,000 ADM.
Where I become disappointed is when others lose the perspective that automobile design, manufacturing, distribution and retail sales is a capitalistic venture. The 2020 GT500 is a unique specialty performance vehicle that is driven by both desire and profit. These will be some of the last modern factory performance vehicles before the industry transitions to electric.
If you think of it from a purely business perspective, a dealer enrolls in the Shelby program for 2500 ?? He then depending on where the dealer
is ie: Southern Cali etc.......... or less prominent area can buy and or sell allotments and make money both ways. All the while promoting the
brand and feeding the hype. Its rather clever, and capitalism at its best, back to high school econ the laws of supply and demand.
You are absolutely correct.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
A little nugget from my dealer today:

He said that his zone is waiting on build approval, and that ford is rolling out builds by zone because they don't want to "flood" areas with these cars all at once.

He also hasn't heard that they will be shutting down production in November, just the 2 weeks for the holidays.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A little nugget from my dealer today:

He said that his zone is waiting on build approval, and that ford is rolling out builds by zone because they don't want to "flood" areas with these cars all at once.

He also hasn't heard that they will be shutting down production in November, just the 2 weeks for the holidays.
I find statements like these puzzling because there are many that insist if you paid for the program you have an allocation NOW and can order/build NOW, while my personal experience has been all the dealers I have talked to are 'waiting'. Your statement would validate what my dealer has been telling me.....I think....

als2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
p. Allen
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2018 Dodge Challenger Demon
I find statements like these puzzling because there are many that insist if you paid for the program you have an allocation NOW and can order/build NOW, while my personal experience has been all the dealers I have talked to are 'waiting'. Your statement would validate what my dealer has been telling me.....I think....
I find it amusing that dealers are saying that they haven't received there allocation yet. That is not true. All dealers that signed up for the Shelby program KNEW what there original allocations were In JULY. Maybe they are hoping for an additional allocation. If a dealer states they haven't received there allocation yet, the truth is one of 2 things: Either they NEVER signed up for the Shelby Program or they are just "stringing" you along. If so it's time to find a NEW Dealer that really knows they have unused allocations.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Absolutely.

It is true that all 2020 GT350/500 allocations have been issued. The only "waiting" for an allocation is for a possible purchase from another dealer where base models are now going for $7,500.

Last edited: