2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes, the allocation for the CFTP is the same as the painted on stripes. One or the other or both.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I don’t think it’s completely clear in the regards that 1250 would be CFTP cars, not golden ticket cars.

Golden ticket refers to both options on an allocation that qualifies for the CFTP.

Because the stripes can be painted on a base model, the chances of every CFTP having stripes is not possible.

The way I understand it is - if a dealer has a CFTP allocation, and say the car is ordered late in the calendar year, and (double jeopardy) there are base models with painted stripe, the CFTP car will be denied the stripes because of back log. Therefore the golden ticket is null and void.

Does that make sense?
Yes, actually it does. Thank You.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I don’t think it’s completely clear in the regards that 1250 would be CFTP cars, not golden ticket cars.

Golden ticket refers to both options on an allocation that qualifies for the CFTP.

Because the stripes can be painted on a base model, the chances of every CFTP having stripes is not possible.

The way I understand it is - if a dealer has a CFTP allocation, and say the car is ordered late in the calendar year, and (double jeopardy) there are base models with painted stripe, the CFTP car will be denied the stripes because of back log. Therefore the golden ticket is null and void.

Does that make sense?
But then this now "Begs the Next Question". What is the "Drop Dead Date" for those 2 expensive options (CFTP & Painted Stripes)??? There absolutely has to be a drop dead date because they will have to get their ducks in a row at the factory and you just can't wait around and think about it forever and then all of a sudden say "Ya, I think I'll put my order in today for that CFTP and Painted Stripes". Actually what would have been really nice is if Ford would have printed up what I would call "The Rules of the Road for the 2020 GT 500" and laid out on paper for all dealers and customers to understand and abide by. But if they did that then we wouldn't have had the last 10,000 posts. LOL

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
But then this now "Begs the Next Question". What is the "Drop Dead Date" for those 2 expensive options (CFTP & Painted Stripes)??? There absolutely has to be a drop dead date because they will have to get their ducks in a row at the factory and you just can't wait around and think about it forever and then all of a sudden say "Ya, I think I'll put my order in today for that CFTP and Painted Stripes". Actually what would have been really nice is if Ford would have printed up what I would call "The Rules of the Road for the 2020 GT 500" and laid out on paper for all dealers and customers to understand and abide by. But if they did that then we wouldn't have had the last 10,000 posts. LOL
Yeah I have no clue. It sounds like painted/CFTP will be an exclusive thing. Absolutely.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There is no "drop dead date". The initial allocations that Ford had are given out. Down the road as demand allows, there may be additional allocations given out via favor or lottery. The builds a are pulled as manufacture (to include the winter season) will allow.

There is no magic or mystery. It is a continuation of how the 350 and 350R process has gone in the past. Place your order and wait is the old story around here pertaining to such vehicles.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
There is no "drop dead date". The initial allocations that Ford had are given out. Down the road as demand allows, there may be additional allocations given out via favor or lottery. The builds a are pulled as manufacture (to include the winter season) will allow.

There is no magic or mystery. It is a continuation of how the 350 and 350R process has gone in the past. Place your order and wait is the old story around here pertaining to such vehicles.
Now, I do have to say that is quite "interesting". First they say only 5,000 cars will be built, then they say only 1,250 will be able to get the elusive CFTP and Painted Stripes. So if there is no drop dead date then a guy can put in his G T order whenever he gets around to it?????

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Now, I do have to say that is quite "interesting". First they say only 5,000 cars will be built, then they say only 1,250 will be able to get the elusive CFTP and Painted Stripes. So if there is no drop dead date then a guy can put in his G T order whenever he gets around to it?????
No, allocations are given out. Orders are placed, then people wait for the orders to be built. It's that simple. Additional allocations do happen down the road, but that will be nothing you can count on (right connections, right place and right time). The allocation process is for a controlled amount of special vehicles to be built over a controlled amount of time.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
No, allocations are given out. Orders are placed, then people wait for the orders to be built. It's that simple. Additional allocations do happen down the road, but that will be nothing you can count on (right connections, right place and right time). The allocation process is for a controlled amount of special vehicles to be built over a controlled amount of time.
Tom, my FRIEND I understand but what Iam saying is they have to get the order from the dealer at some point or they cannot build the car. So what I was getting at is there should be a drop dead date of "some kind" or the procrastanotors of the world would never get their order into the factory. That was my only point. Iam kinda thinking if Sept. 9th is the day they want to start building then I would think they are going to have to have those orders from the 3,000 Ford dealers no later than mid August and then thats even "pushing it" in my humble opinion. Anyway, I guess will just see what happens over the next 30 to 60 days or so. Now let me just add if we knew how many cars they could build in "ONE DAY" then we would have a pretty decent idea as to how long this process will take. I was told not to expect my car till the First Quarter of 2020 which is perfectly fine with me. At my age I've learned all about having patience. LOL

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Tom, my FRIEND I understand but what Iam saying is they have to get the order from the dealer at some point or they cannot build the car. So what I was getting at is there should be a drop dead date of "some kind" or the procrastanotors of the world would never get their order into the factory. That was my only point. Iam kinda thinking if Sept. 9th is the day they want to start building then I would think they are going to have to have those orders from the 3,000 Ford dealers no later than mid August and then thats even "pushing it" in my humble opinion. Anyway, I guess will just see what happens over the next 30 to 60 days or so. Now let me just add if we knew how many cars they could build in "ONE DAY" then we would have a pretty decent idea as to how long this process will take. I was told not to expect my car till the First Quarter of 2020 which is perfectly fine with me. At my age I've learned all about having patience. LOL
We are good, I'm not trying to be argumentative, but the way it goes is that dealers will order the car to a saleable configuration even if they don't have a buyer. For instance, many dealers would order the GT350 in classic colors like oxford white, black, etc and then sell the car for immediate delivery with the car on the showroom.

Dealers don't sit on an allocations..... they order the cars and let them sit on the showroom floor until the find the buyer who is willing to pay the most.

Ablaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 TO CFTP, 2013 SBY Boss 302
Allocations are per MY, correct? Meaning come 2021 another set of allocations will be issued out for the GT500 and GT350 if it continues?

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Dealers will be receiving information this week on the 2020 Shelby GT500. Around 5000 unit annual production and a guarantee of at least one GT500 per dealer. Additional allocation information will be shared at a later date.

Added the official 2020 Shelby Dealer Enrollment Program info communicated to dealers.
Shelby Enrollment.JPEG
Allocation question

Are we sure all dealers that are due to receive a allocation have gotten their expected allocation. ???

Thank You in advance

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Allocation question

Are we sure all dealers that are due to receive a allocation have gotten their expected allocation. ???

Thank You in advance
According to my guy NO!!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Allocation, yes. When will it be built is the question.

julianwooday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Super Snake
I still have 3 GT500 2020 allocation available! To build your own and reserve one today message me here or text me at (916)374-6736