2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
HOLY MOLY! Please help me calm down..... My guy is still telling me and assuring me over and over and over again that they have NOT received there allocation! Is THIS possible? He assure me i am the first but their dealer has yet to receive the allocation so he can't order. He even has went further to tell me he knows others have received their allocations and that there just waiting. Not looking for maybe this or maybe that. IS IT POSSIBLE that some dealers truly have not got their allocations? This is insane!
No it's not. Dealers were given their allocations just before the banks opened. That's not a guess, that is what I was told.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I would like to "chime in here" on your commenting on losing faith in humanity. This whole frikkin process makes me lose faith in it. In my call to those 41 dealers before finding my "dream deal" I called early on a Ford Dealer that I had bought atleast 7 or 8 Fords from over the 15 years that I lived close to his small town dealership. Here's exactly what he told me, (oh by the way he always keeps a bible on his desk) he said "well Chuck we have that car spoken for but here's what we decided, we are going to take a wait and see philosophy of what the other dealers in Omaha are selling their cars for and then we'll price out allocation of 1 car accordingly." So I said to him well Lee how can a guy buy a car when you don't even have a price on it??? He said he wasn't worried about the buyer as he has plenty of money and he'll pay what Iam going to ask for it. Now in calling those 41 dealers obviously I called "every Ford Dealer" in Omaha. To a dealer they were all getting $10,000 over MSRP and don't forget their rape job of a $399 DOC FEE. Sorry, but when I see a post like protraxduners I just can't help myself but to share what I ran into on my 41 calls. Thank God above that 41st dealer was a TRULY SUPER GUY and we made a deal. At some point down the road I will mention their name with a million praises for their honesty and complete integrity.
Typical as can be. Buying any of the Ford performance cars is a joke. There is no loyalty. They all think they have the equivalent of the one Ferrari Enzo left on the planet.! Ford really doesn't know how to sell or service cars like these.. To think the same guy/kid that works on little Cindys base Fiesta is going to service your six figure GT500? It's scary.
HOLY MOLY! Please help me calm down..... My guy is still telling me and assuring me over and over and over again that they have NOT received there allocation! Is THIS possible? He assure me i am the first but their dealer has yet to receive the allocation so he can't order. He even has went further to tell me he knows others have received their allocations and that there just waiting. Not looking for maybe this or maybe that. IS IT POSSIBLE that some dealers truly have not got their allocations? This is insane!
It is possible. Get ready for the "we were supposed to get X many but we only got Y." So we have to add an ADM or "we had to locate a dealer with an allocation they would part with so there will be a small ADM"! Or they are calling every dealer they know trying to land one and nobody is giving one up. That will turn into "sorry here is your deposit we thought we could get one but actually not". You have certainly entered the Twilight Zone!

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Don't really mean to be so negative. I was just thinking of the time a sales manager told me. "come to find out we are only getting one allocation and I know I promised it to you, but the owners kid is getting it!"

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Its a real simple question: Is it FACT or not that all 1st round allocations have been handed out, allocated, whatever they call it?

I understand i could be getting strung along, i understand he could have gave his 1st allocation to his brothers cousin, i understand i could be a complete chump, but either ALL 1st round allocations have been allocated or NOT. I have to play this careful on the premise he is correct, i don't need to be pissing off my guy when i really don't know. But i don't have any problems with presenting him with facts, its just that i don't know enough about how this process works.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Its a real simple question: Is it FACT or not that all 1st round allocations have been handed out, allocated, whatever they call it?

I understand i could be getting strung along, i understand he could have gave his 1st allocation to his brothers cousin, i understand i could be a complete chump, but either ALL 1st round allocations have been allocated or NOT. I have to play this careful on the premise he is correct, i don't need to be pissing off my guy when i really don't know. But i don't have any problems with presenting him with facts, its just that i don't know enough about how this process works.
I would just trust your gut, if EVERY other dealer has confirmed they got their allocation and we are seeing the proof because orders are being submitted then "your guy" is up to something funny.

I only talk to the owner of my dealer and he has confirmed he received his allocations and the orders were submitted. Now we are in the waiting game.

I would suggest a slight escalation and maybe talk to the owner of your dealer.

But seriously best of luck and I hope this is just a miscommunication.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500

I find your post somewhat troubling. Here's why. Iam getting my car from a very small dealer. No Golden Ticket. But he put my order in the very first day that the Order Banks Opened with NO PROBLEM. So to be brutally honest I think you might have a problem on your hands. The order banks have been open now for 2 weeks. Just my humble opinion.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I find your post somewhat troubling. Here's why. Iam getting my car from a very small dealer. No Golden Ticket. But he put my order in the very first day that the Order Banks Opened with NO PROBLEM. So to be brutally honest I think you might have a problem on your hands. The order banks have been open now for 2 weeks. Just my humble opinion.
Yes logic tells you this is concerning which is WHY i am concerned, However nothing has been logical about this whole GT500 reveal/ordering mess in my opinion. My guy has been nothing but upfront and hopefully honest, so if he is lying he is lying blatantly to my face or someone is lying to him. In either case I can't confront him with something I do not know. I am looking for that person who can say ' I know how this works, i know that all 1st round allocations have been given out your guy is a Fraud' OR ' It is quite possible that some dealers whether big or small still have not received their allocations'....Common Sense, Gut feelings, or logic is not helping me right now

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WELL i may have answered my one question myself, but the mystery continues. I called Ford spoke to someone for a while who didn't know the details of the GT350/500 process. I spent a while trying to understand the process with her, didn't help much, she then transferred me to Ford Performance where i got a guy who seemed to know what he was talking about. He CONFIRMED all 1st round allocations are out and ordering banks are open. So he said either 1. they didn't sign up 2. they are using allocation for someone else or 3. very very very unlikely there is a system issue where they are not seeing the allocation or there zone manager? hasn't pushed it through?

I immediately called my guy with this information. He overly and repeatedly assured me they signed up for the program, they have NOT ordered a GT500 for anyone, and they do not see the allocation. He did have bunch of reasons why they didn't but i said the FP guy said there is NO reason not to see the allocation besides the 3 reason above. Gave him the corporate FP guys name and he said he will be figuring out what is going on.

I mean if this guy is stringing me along JEEZE he surely would have gave up today after i got off the phone with him.

EXACTLY what i didn't want to hear.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WELL i may have answered my one question myself, but the mystery continues. I called Ford spoke to someone for a while who didn't know the details of the GT350/500 process. I spent a while trying to understand the process with her, didn't help much, she then transferred me to Ford Performance where i got a guy who seemed to know what he was talking about. He CONFIRMED all 1st round allocations are out and ordering banks are open. So he said either 1. they didn't sign up 2. they are using allocation for someone else or 3. very very very unlikely there is a system issue where they are not seeing the allocation or there zone manager? hasn't pushed it through?

I immediately called my guy with this information. He overly and repeatedly assured me they signed up for the program, they have NOT ordered a GT500 for anyone, and they do not see the allocation. He did have bunch of reasons why they didn't but i said the FP guy said there is NO reason not to see the allocation besides the 3 reason above. Gave him the corporate FP guys name and he said he will be figuring out what is going on.

I mean if this guy is stringing me along JEEZE he surely would have gave up today after i got off the phone with him.

Could be singing the same song to 5 people.

FourStangs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
67 GT500, 68 GT500 Convertible, 69 Boss 429, 70 Mach 1, 2020 GT500 CFTP

Your dealer actually just sounds like he’s uninformed and maybe a little confused as to what he’s doing wrong...it seems to me that if he were looking to deceive you that he would have given up by now...maybe he needs to put you in touch with his Ford Rep

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

If a dealer enrolled in the program they are guaranteed 1 GT500 and 1 GT350. you can order both right when banks open. Some dealers get more, but all were guaranteed 1 with the sign up.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your dealer actually just sounds like he’s uninformed and maybe a little confused as to what he’s doing wrong...it seems to me that if he were looking to deceive you that he would have given up by now...maybe he needs to put you in touch with his Ford Rep
I am hoping this is exactly it, but all the stories on this forum got me concerned. My guy doesn't seem concerned and actually he has told me the general manager and ford rep have worked with him on my particular order meaning they know i am the one.... At this point all i can do is let it play out and have a little faith cause i don't really have any options.

JUST for giggles i went to my local dealer yesterday, haven't talked to them since the beg of the year. Asked them if they were getting a GT500 and if it was taken. They said yes they are getting one and no it was not taken. I said can i have it, the are like sure, bet we have not got our allocation yet! I thought i was in the twilight zone. I said figure it out and call me.

I mean seriously this is ordering a car not rocket science or brain surgery! Are these dealers just completely incompetent?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I am hoping this is exactly it, but all the stories on this forum got me concerned. My guy doesn't seem concerned and actually he has told me the general manager and ford rep have worked with him on my particular order meaning they know i am the one.... At this point all i can do is let it play out and have a little faith cause i don't really have any options.

JUST for giggles i went to my local dealer yesterday, haven't talked to them since the beg of the year. Asked them if they were getting a GT500 and if it was taken. They said yes they are getting one and no it was not taken. I said can i have it, the are like sure, bet we have not got our allocation yet! I thought i was in the twilight zone. I said figure it out and call me.

I mean seriously this is ordering a car not rocket science or brain surgery! Are these dealers just completely incompetent?
Some are, yes

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would venture to say more than some.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
If by 'some' you mean 'all', then yes. :D

That reminds me of a Monty Python bit from the original show, slightly paraphrased, "When I say there is no cannibalism in the Royal Navy, I mean there is some ..."