Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT350 Engine Replacement (Dropped Valve)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Admins should confirm at this point that these posts are real or the OP should be required to provide a VIN. I only say this because there have been failures every year but only in the last few weeks have I ever seen so many brand new registered accounts whos first and only posts have been about a failure. This is on the heels of some debates where a user was insisting that 2020s had a ton of failures but had no evidence. If legit, that's unfortunate but the timing is certainly strange.
Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Admins should confirm at this point that these posts are real or the OP should be required to provide a VIN. I only say this because there have been failures every year but only in the last few weeks have I ever seen so many brand new registered accounts whos first and only posts have been about a failure. This is on the heels of some debates where a user was insisting that 2020s had a ton of failures but had no evidence. If legit, that's unfortunate but the timing is certainly strange.
+1

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
OP - if you could post your VIN and/or blend date from your window sticker, that would be awesome.

1608914691314.png

mroad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
Jeff, I'll happily provide my VIN to the admin my VIN. My story is true. Ford has a big problem on their hand with the 2020 models.

New 2020 GT350 HEP engine failure

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@Twin Turbo thoughts on creating a sticky thread for engine replacements? I know a lot of us longer term members are a bit fatigued.

Sponsored

mroad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
@Twin Turbo thoughts on creating a sticky thread for engine replacements? I know a lot of us longer term members are a bit fatigued.
Kevin, I agree! We should track these failures in a sticky thread. This is class action lawsuit material and cause for NHTSA complaints. What if the engine siezes while you're passing or taking a fast turn? It could cause death/injury to you and/or others.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
@mroad I don't mean to doubt you but the circumstances of the last 3 "out of nowhere" engine failure threads are very similar as far as the person just registering.

I do troubleshooting for a living and I know enough to tell you that you don't have nearly enough evidence to make any assertion at all - just like I cant say with any certainty that you're wrong. Finding a couple threads on the internet does not equal an epidemic for any car as that's where the majority of complaints bubble up in stark contrast to the number of people who are happily not posting on the internet about their not-blown engine.

So just cool your jets and do you - as some have said, only time will tell. I'm reluctant to make any claims or assumptions on anything posted here.

mroad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
Why not post it here? Are you worried about privacy? Lol
Of course I am.
Why not post it here? Are you worried about privacy? Lol
And why should I put the VIN number of my privately owned car that I paid tons of money for in a public forum? To prove that I'm not lying? Why would I lie? I posted my story here to warn others of what's going on with the 2020 GT350 engines, to add my voice to those who are going through or went through the same ordeal as I am. I'm surprised that now I have to defend my self and my motives and be accused of making things up.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I posted my story here to warn others of what's going on with the 2020 GT350 engines
You don't know that. SO commonly that people having an issue love to believe that everyone else is going to have the same problem and that "they" weren't just the unlucky ones. You're sounding exactly like this - making assertions with nothing but your own experience and a google search under your belt.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Of course I am.

And why should I put the VIN number of my privately owned car that I paid tons of money for in a public forum? To prove that I'm not lying? Why would I lie? I posted my story here to warn others of what's going on with the 2020 GT350 engines, to add my voice to those who are going through or went through the same ordeal as I am. I'm surprised that now I have to defend my self and my motives and be accused of making things up.
Please try to understand our skepticism. You bought a 2020 GT350 HEP and don't bother to look this forum up to post a couple pics or to register it with @corrieb HEP spreadsheet. Instead you look this forum up to post about how your 2020 engine let go and how ford has a huge problem. We need more than your word here. People post their window stickers all the time and nobody's identity or car has been hijacked.

mroad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
Please try to understand our skepticism. You bought a 2020 GT350 HEP and don't bother to look this forum up to post a couple pics or to register it with @corrieb HEP spreadsheet. Instead you look this forum up to post about how your 2020 engine let go and how ford has a huge problem. We need more than your word here. People post their window stickers all the time and nobody's identity or car has been hijacked.

I did post my car pictures in my thread, including the tow picture. In fact, it's me in the driver seat in the first picture picking up the car from the dealer. The guy in the passenger seat is the salesman telling me about its features and how to set up bluetooth with my phone.

What happened to me is very similar to others on this forum and on YouTube. Here's a guy in the flesh telling their story on YouTube. And no, he's not me:

mroad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
You don't know that. SO commonly that people having an issue love to believe that everyone else is going to have the same problem and that "they" weren't just the unlucky ones. You're sounding exactly like this - making assertions with nothing but your own experience and a google search under your belt.
Jeff, any reasonable person whose new 2020 GT350 fails with almost identical circumstances and cause as many others on this forum and social media would reach a conclusion that there are major quality issues with the valve train on the latest 2020 GT350. This is not a massively produced car with 100's of thousands of units per year.

A lot of the owners don't even report their engine problems online. I struggled to report it my self, because I paid a lot of money to purchase this car and now I'm sharing information that would potentially hurt its resale value. But consciencely, it's the right thing to do. The public needs to know about these problems.

And folks, we can resolve this identity suspicion very easily. The Admins of this forum have access to my email. They can email me and ask me for my VIN. I will not only provide my VIN, but also a copy of the dealer service receipt when I towed my car. And yes, my VIN is in the spreadsheet for the GT350 HEP list. The Admin can share with the rest of you that what I'm saying is true.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
My problem with your assertion is that you say “many others on this forum and ......”. You’re making a case to fit your situation. Again - you don’t know anything based on a few instances. Based on 16-19, it could be said that the entire Mustang lineup is doomed if you only look at the handful of complaints that hit the internet.

anyway merry Christmas and good luck.
Sponsored