overdrive714

overdrive714

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT350, 2004 Toyota RAV4, 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
Day 57 on the repair, just updated the engine replacement journey to include a photo of what happen exactly in the engine that lead to the seizure! Any advice on how I can get escalate this matter to a Ford CSV would be awesome.
Sponsored

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Day 57 on the repair, just updated the engine replacement journey to include a photo of what happen exactly in the engine that lead to the seizure! Any advice on how I can get escalate this matter to a Ford CSV would be awesome.
I guess someone already passed on more that 30 days will force a Ford buy back in many states during the first year. Didn't want to go back through the thread.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I guess someone already passed on more that 30 days will force a Ford buy back in many states during the first year. Didn't want to go back through the thread.
If you want to see a spectacular picture of what went wrong, go to the first post - that's where the OP has updated the story. The big question is "how could that possibly happen?". One intake valve stem snapped just above the valve head, the head fell into the cylinder and flipped sideways so it was at right angles to its original position. Then the piston punched the disc of the valve head up through the seat into the intake tract. It's hard to figure out what you're looking at in the picture, until you realize that the round thing is the top of the valve head and the bright ring is the sealing surface. Considering that the other intake valve beside it is intact, the only conclusion I can reach is that the valve was defective. If it was caused by a broken rod or something, both valves would be damaged and they aren't. Fascinating.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
As the original dealer, is MAS helping? I've had nothing but terrible experiences with them.

OP
OP
overdrive714

overdrive714

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT350, 2004 Toyota RAV4, 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
As the original dealer, is MAS helping? I've had nothing but terrible experiences with them.
I’m sorry to hear that, in terms of the buying process it has been a positive experience for me. I just emailed the MAS folks today, I’ll keep you updated as to how they are in terms of the post sale customer service.

Sponsored

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If you want to see a spectacular picture of what went wrong, go to the first post - that's where the OP has updated the story. The big question is "how could that possibly happen?". One intake valve stem snapped just above the valve head, the head fell into the cylinder and flipped sideways so it was at right angles to its original position. Then the piston punched the disc of the valve head up through the seat into the intake tract. It's hard to figure out what you're looking at in the picture, until you realize that the round thing is the top of the valve head and the bright ring is the sealing surface. Considering that the other intake valve beside it is intact, the only conclusion I can reach is that the valve was defective. If it was caused by a broken rod or something, both valves would be damaged and they aren't. Fascinating.
That helps because I can’t make sense of it

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Damnnnn,........57 days and not done yet? That's horrible. You would think Ford would escalate these cases?
Good luck and keep us posted!

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Some times I wonder if these failures are the result of the process where the save money guys get involved. I think others have said they cut back on part costs and calculate the savings even after dealing with the acceptable failures. The idea of acceptable failures is understandable, maybe even acceptable untill it happens to one of us.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Some times I wonder if these failures are the result of the process where the save money guys get involved.
Those f*cks are always involved. Cost containment is the holy grail of all recently trained MBAs. Cost of Repair/retrofit * probability < cost of sourcing more reliable parts, QED buy the cheapest piece of sh*t they can get away with. This may mean buying from countries and suppliers who cheat on their material specifications and/or processes and definitely don't bother with honest quality control.

Same thing with paint and panel alignment. Cost to paint it cheaply * probability of people returning or rejecting car < cost of painting it right, QED shitty-ass paint jobs.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Those f*cks are always involved. Cost containment is the holy grail of all recently trained MBAs. Cost of Repair/retrofit * probability < cost of sourcing more reliable parts, QED buy the cheapest piece of sh*t they can get away with. This may mean buying from countries and suppliers who cheat on their material specifications and/or processes and definitely don't bother with honest quality control.

Same thing with paint and panel alignment. Cost to paint it cheaply * probability of people returning or rejecting car < cost of painting it right, QED shitty-ass paint jobs.
You nailed it...

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Incredibly well documented OP. Good luck with this.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Engineers should be trying to contain costs as well - assuming they are doing their jobs. No process is perfect. I wouldn't blame cost cutting for this engine problem. As far as I remember I've never even seen this failure before. So if this failure was due to some sort of cost-cutting, my opinion is that the correct manufacturing process was probably chosen. The valves in the Voodoo engine seem to be incredibly reliable (so far anyway). Crossing fingers...

Weston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Weston
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Still got your Mustang? I just bought a 2020 Shelby GT350 and put 1,400miles on it before it shit on me.. cylinder 7 was dead and the spark plug was damaged.. they didn’t proceed to check other cylinders cause ford told then not to.. My buddy is on his second engine and it’s back in the shop with a rattling noise in the engine as well...

GT350Obsession

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
K0963 2019 GT350 RR, Black Roof
Still got your Mustang? I just bought a 2020 Shelby GT350 and put 1,400miles on it before it shit on me.. cylinder 7 was dead and the spark plug was damaged.. they didn’t proceed to check other cylinders cause ford told then not to.. My buddy is on his second engine and it’s back in the shop with a rattling noise in the engine as well...
See the OP's first post.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is there an emotional attachment to the vehicle? I mean in almost all 50 States, any vehicle that is inop at the Service Center for 30-consecutive calendar days OR 30-days within a calendar year automatically qualifies as a Lemon Buy Back - period.

I know you probably want to keep a good rapport with your Dealership and Service Center, but going on (57+) days now - you should have opened a Case # the day of or day after the major failure. By opening a Case with the Ford Regional CSR would have elevated your concerns and car to a priority level.

Once a Customer is assigned a Case #, the CSR must get status updates from the Service Center with repair progress and come to some type of resolution to make the Customer whole.

It’s not too late to open a Case and if I were you, I would do it ASAP - and tell them you want out of the vehicle.

Search my user ID as well with the key words “RAV”, “Lemon” and “Buy Back”...

I’ve posted TONS of factual info regarding the Buy Back process in full as well as helpful Lemon Law info that has helped quite a few folks on this site.

There are also 2 main threads I’ve started to help others:
1) Lemon Law thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...or-are-filing-lemon-law-for-their-s550.59015/

2) Ford 800# thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-ford-800-info-for-those-needing-it.111571/

——
Sponsored