Sponsored

2020 OUSCI / Hi-Performance Expo @ COTA [2020/11/1-3]

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
With the cancellation of SEMA, the Optima Ultimate Street Car Association has decided to move their Invitational event to Circuit of the Americas. For the first time in their 10 year history, there will be a $25,000 winner-takes-all purse, which will definitely make more interesting for the TV show produced for the series on MavTV, "Optima's Search for the Ultimate Street Car".

In addition to the event itself, they will be attempting to create a SEMA-like atmosphere, with celebrity driving demonstrations (Tanner Foust, Vaughn Gittin Jr, etc), a roll race competition, a judged car show ($25,000 winner-takes-all) and a "world championship autox" (also $25,000 winner-takes-all) on Sunday, before OUSCI competition begins. New site was just stood up recently, although details are still being worked out:

https://www.hiperformanceexpo.com

I'll be hauling 32+ hours to try and take the win the GT class, hope to see some of the local M6G'ers out!
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
With the cancellation of SEMA, the Optima Ultimate Street Car Association has decided to move their Invitational event to Circuit of the Americas. For the first time in their 10 year history, there will be a $25,000 winner-takes-all purse, which will definitely make more interesting for the TV show produced for the series on MavTV, "Optima's Search for the Ultimate Street Car".

In addition to the event itself, they will be attempting to create a SEMA-like atmosphere, with celebrity driving demonstrations (Tanner Foust, Vaughn Gittin Jr, etc), a roll race competition, a judged car show ($25,000 winner-takes-all) and a "world championship autox" (also $25,000 winner-takes-all) on Sunday, before OUSCI competition begins. New site was just stood up recently, although details are still being worked out:

https://www.hiperformanceexpo.com

I'll be hauling 32+ hours to try and take the win the GT class, hope to see some of the local M6G'ers out!
That's my home autox lot at CotA. I designed the course last weekend for the local club in that lot. I guess we get to call it a 'world championship autox site' now :p

Some of the locals are already registering for this. I will warn you, there's an extremely quick local driver in an Acura NSX who's registered and who is going to be very difficult to beat, PAX or no PAX. I'm not sure if I want to spend $250 just to donate it to him, but it might be fun anyway. He's a good driver, no doubt, but that car is kind of insane with the torque vectoring and all.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Go get'm Dennis! Bummer to not have run anywhere with you this year.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
That's my home autox lot at CotA. I designed the course last weekend for the local club in that lot. I guess we get to call it a 'world championship autox site' now :p

Some of the locals are already registering for this. I will warn you, there's an extremely quick local driver in an Acura NSX who's registered and who is going to be very difficult to beat, PAX or no PAX. I'm not sure if I want to spend $250 just to donate it to him, but it might be fun anyway. He's a good driver, no doubt, but that car is kind of insane with the torque vectoring and all.
That is my thought...donating $250 isn't my idea of fun.

Excellent opportunity, though. I'm just not at that level with only 8 autocrosses under my belt.
Sponsored