Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
If the green color is at the top of your list, it may be farther out of reach by next April. You'll probably not be looking for a leftover new Mustang, but a low-mileage used one. Those who bought the green ones with the kind of features you'd likely want will not be selling them at a year or less old, so you'd have to settle in that area.

Used cars almost always reduce the financial impact on your life, but I prefer to think Ford will have made some (possibly hidden) improvements that benefit new-car buyers. The added cost of a new-year car can be partially mitigated by increased value upon resale or trade-in.

In my car-owning history I had somehow got the idea that we couldn't have more than two cars at a time. Failing to analyze that misconception resulted in selling or trading some very desirable vehicles, much to my subsequent dismay. I'd advise you to reconsider a one-car philosophy: keep the truck and put a new Mustang in your remuda as soon as you can find one that more-or-less matches your Mustang needs.
Sponsored

medic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah im at high end. But im talking top tier wrap and they take car apart to wrap correctly not just cut to fit. Guy i have parts wrapped by does collector cars, and super cars. When he's done you would be hard pressed to find edges on the wrap.
Still a bit overpriced. You're looking at a proper paint job for 7k.

Sponsored

OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
After owning a 17 6 speed the a10 is just a better transmission

I meant the MT6 has rev matching. You didn't clarify which transmission you were after but I'm assuming you wanted a 6 speed?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Get the most car for the money... period. There’s a lot of deals on 2019’s and those deals will get better as winter approaches and Dealers elsewhere are trying to reduce inventory to make their 4Q year end sales profits, reducing interest on those bank notes and making room for the 2020’s.

There’s no difference between a 2018-2019 and 2020’s (*well, the known exclusion to that statement would be the brand new EB HiPo as being the only major difference).

The 2020 basically fixed ALL of the issues and gripes they had on the previous years, like its night and day compared to the 2019s.
I’m not so sure this is “factual” but rather wishful thinking... LOL.

Since the inception of the S550, each model year and platform has rolled out of Flatrock with its fair share of Quality Control issues... and once 2020’s are in the wild, be sure to wait for the posts from owners finding this or that wrong, not working, dysfunctional, misaligned, ticking/tapping/thumping/BBQing/knocking/leaking/mis-shifting or at the Dealer for XYZ.

It’s a mass produced vehicle with mass produced parts - issues will be persistent throughout production cycles, because the machine and it’s parts is designed by man and man programs the new age bots assembling the machines...the end result will never be without errors.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
A couple of thoughts.. #1. the paint job on these cars is "Crap".. no other way to say it. So if you get the color you want your going to want to put PPF film on unless you are ok with tons of rock chips everywhere.... or you can wrap the car and provide protection that way. There is also a product called Autoflex which can provide amazing results with the right installer. You could always trade in the Truck for the Mustang and buy a cheap winter beater car to drive around until spring. ...If cost is not an issue wait until Spring, but the best deals are going to be this winter.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Honestly OP take a 19’ or by a used one off a private seller. Let someone else take the depreciation hit especially if you’re planning to mod immediately.

A couple of thoughts.. #1. the paint job on these cars is "Crap".. no other way to say it. So if you get the color you want your going to want to put PPF film on unless you are ok with tons of rock chips everywhere.... or you can wrap the car and provide protection that way. There is also a product called Autoflex which can provide amazing results with the right installer. You could always trade in the Truck for the Mustang and buy a cheap winter beater car to drive around until spring. ...If cost is not an issue wait until Spring, but the best deals are going to be this winter.
it’s been that way for for the entire gen and part of the last one too. I bought used so I don’t see the need for a film but when it gets back enough I’ll repaint & make sure the paint isn’t water lol.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So after 2 years in a f150 I no longer have a need for a truck and am looking at mustangs again.

a 20 mustang lime green with 401a is like 42 with x plan which seems so high for a mustang . Only new thing I see is rev matching

Am I better off getting a 19 and wrapping it green if that’s what I want?

buying after Chicago winter
19 have rev matching as well I think at least my friend 19 has it.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You're not going to save money with a wrap. If you need the green, buy the new one. If you want a deal, go for a left over.
there is need for green in the 19 as well he can try to find one if so much want a green one.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
19 have rev matching as well I think at least my friend 19 has it.
GT, yes. EB, no. For 2020 the EB now gets it. But it's not clear if it's across all trim levels or only on the HPP and possibly Premium. It's a 'bit' in ForScan somewhere. It's just incredulous that there isn't complete commonality across the ECU feature sets.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
GT, yes. EB, no. For 2020 the EB now gets it. But it's not clear if it's across all trim levels or only on the HPP and possibly Premium. It's a 'bit' in ForScan somewhere. It's just incredulous that there isn't complete commonality across the ECU feature sets.
didn't know about the EB but he say that the price was 42 000$ so I assumed he want to buy a GT. Otherwise the EB in Europe didn't even get the HPP pack and it's detuned to 270 HP fuck the environment laws :(

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
GT, yes. EB, no. For 2020 the EB now gets it. But it's not clear if it's across all trim levels or only on the HPP and possibly Premium. It's a 'bit' in ForScan somewhere.
Where have you read the 2020 EB get rev matching? Every review of the HPP says otherwise.
Sponsored