Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I would love a sporty EV car as a commuter if the price is kept in check. Instant torque, plug in when I get to work, quicker heat/ac in inclement weather, quiet when I want a quiet car. Good for the random trips I do around my area for my photography work.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I would love a sporty EV car as a commuter if the price is kept in check. Instant torque, plug in when I get to work, quicker heat/ac in inclement weather, quiet when I want a quiet car. Good for the random trips I do around my area for my photography work.
And I have no problem with Ford building such a car, as I'm sure it'll sell well.

But giving it Mustang styling cues? Whilst I appreciate there's a Ford design language, which the Mustang has adopted, Mustang itself has always had unique styling cues of its own, such as those triple red tails (OK, forget the Fox generation). Utilising those on an EV SUV is sacrilege in my mind......just as using the Mach 1 name was.....although they've seen sense in the latter.

I'm sure this will be a great car, but it should become great for forging its own path, not borrowing greatness (in terms of styling) from an icon. Just my 2p....

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Hey Ford....

How about just building a Mustang EV instead of stealing styling cues (tri bar tails.... Really?) for a CROSSOVER SUV....

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
For me, this using Mustang styling cues is actually WORSE that using the Mach 1 name. At least using a historical Mustang name now makes some kind of (non)sense!

Ford listened to us when we didn't want them to use the Mach 1 name.

Ford listened back in the early 90's when we didn't want the FWD Probe to become a Mustang.

Ford need to listen again. DO NOT USE MUSTANG STYLING CUES ON THIS CAR!

Seriously, this makes me sick to my stomach :crying:

RaceHorseV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2019 GT
I'm with the majority here that using too much Mustang is more likely to be negative for Ford's sports car than positive for an electric SUV. Just make an electric Mustang for heaven's sake! The taillights goes way too far. If the Mustang idea is what they hope to achieve then go much more subtle with the styling cues and work on the name more. Maybe the Ford "Stallion" and the advertising says 'Mustang's Big Brother'. If people that care about the Mustang aren't interested with that type of marketing nobody else will be either IMHO.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Must admit, I had a bit of a flashback to around 2010 when this very early rendering (from Ford Australia, IIRC) of a potential 2015 Mustang appeared. This tail lights are a similar size, at least......

ar-180909859-jpg.jpg

2015 Aussie S550.jpg

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Since Ford used Fusion DNA in every car. I guess using the Mustang's is a good idea.
A better idea would be to diversify every model.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
mach1.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
TN.....please don't. This thing has given me a stress related headache!!!!!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I bit the bullet on the 4cyl, honestly seeing what ev's can do these days. I can jump on that train too. I'm in for a mustang ev. However it needs to have 200 mile plus range, have outstanding handling and accelerate 0 to 60 in under 5 secs. If I can take it to the track and DD it, then I'm in. It's got to at least look better than a Tesla, shouldn't be too hard hahaha.
Sponsored