Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
They lost me at "Stangmode".
Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

Lord knows I love my 2.3, but for Ford to kill the 5.0 would be akin to murdering the Mustang. There are still too many people who believe that a V8 is the only engine that belongs under the hood of this car, and as long as Chevy continues to offer one, Ford won't see their way clear to kill it. Of all the Mustangs I see on my daily commute, a majority are GTs. People love them, and it's clear from what I'm seeing on the roads that people are coughing up the cash to buy them.

Of course, the road may take a sharp turn if the Camaro death rumors are true.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
3FE9E609-2D49-4354-884A-2412EC8FA095.jpeg
Giving serious consideration to trading my GT for one of these 2020 eco’s, I’ve always been a fan of 4cyl turbo rwd, wanna rebadge it and build it into a new age SVO. To go with my original SVO.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Of all the Mustangs I see on my daily commute, a majority are GTs.
here in NoVA it seems the EB far, far outnumber V8. I think Ford's next move is to put the 2.7 Eco v6 in the car as the HiPO but they no doubt had good business reasons to use the 2.3 to keep the Spanish plant viable for a few more years till they figure out where this 'small car' market and regulatory winds are going.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
RIP V8? :crackup:

Performance of the HPP Mustang is impressive, no doubt, but nothing like hearing a V8 with a nice exhaust drive by. Plus lack of turbo lag in the V8 will always make for a much more linear power delivery when throttle is applied.

Don't ever see the 2.7 EB making it into the Mustang. There just wouldn't be any place to slot this in between the 2.3 and the 5.0. The more likely scenario would be Ford just makes one version of the 2.3 for all vehicles using this engine, but tunes it differently based on vehicle.

What would be fun is for Ford to use a version of the Ford GT engine for the next gen GT500.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Plus lack of turbo lag in the V8 will always make for a much more linear power delivery when throttle is applied.
Turbo lag? Apparently you haven't driven the 2.3. The factory V8 tune is actually rather numb. Both engines benefit from fixing the throttle maps via aftermarket tunes.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Apparently you haven't driven the 2.3.
I mentioned this in the post you quoted. It is on my to do list, as I'll probably end up picking up a new 2020 EB manual end of next year, when Ford likes to throw a lot of money on the table to make room for 2021 models. I'm seeing some large discounts on the 2019s, but the timing isn't right for me now.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’ve mention this before but it’s only a matter of time before the Mustang GT is offered with a V6 EcoBoost and V8. I remember the shock when both engines were offered with the F150 and many years later, it’s a nonissue with many hardcore truck enthusiast. I see Ford doing the same with the Mustang and offering both the V6 EcoBoost and V8 at some point in the future.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Ford will go electric assist, before they do v6 turbo.
Agreed. The 2.7 seems unlikely. Volume doesn't justify a third completely different drivetrain. They're not going to replace the 2.3EB with the 2.7EB because they need the CAFE numbers. Electric assist could benefit both performance and fuel economy if they can keep the weight down.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I’ve mention this before but it’s only a matter of time before the Mustang GT is offered with a V6 EcoBoost and V8. I remember the shock when both engines were offered with the F150 and many years later, it’s a nonissue with many hardcore truck enthusiast. I see Ford doing the same with the Mustang and offering both the V6 EcoBoost and V8 at some point in the future.
I am on my 5th F150.
5.4....no issues
2 5.0's...no issues
3.5 TT...no issues
and now a 2.7 TT

All treated me will. And no reason to believe my 2.7 will be any different. But there was a lot of negativity about the TT's first. Now no one, well most, really don't care. Like you said...."Non issue"

But I still cant see myself in a V6 or I4 mustang. :) The 5.0 just sounds too good.

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
hell yee, with basic bolt ons it can do low 12s 100% mid 12. with full interior

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
This high performance line should be available with a spoiler delete and no wing.
Some of us like a classical trunk line

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This high performance line should be available with a spoiler delete and no wing.
Some of us like a classical trunk line
Another Ford anomaly. You can delete the spoiler on the GT PP1, but not on the PP2. You should then be able to delete the spoiler on the HPP without the Handling Package.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am on my 5th F150.
5.4....no issues
2 5.0's...no issues
3.5 TT...no issues
and now a 2.7 TT

All treated me will. And no reason to believe my 2.7 will be any different. But there was a lot of negativity about the TT's first. Now no one, well most, really don't care. Like you said...."Non issue"

But I still cant see myself in a V6 or I4 mustang. :) The 5.0 just sounds too good.
I blew one of my gf’s explorer EcoBoost turbos first t8me I drove it. When she got it back I blew the second turbo the next day. Realized right then that EcoBoost anything wasn’t for me. Went out and got a 5.0 and got boost. That being said My local dealer has 2020 HPP and We are for sure test driving it as soon as I can. Make a nice replacement for my Chevy Malibu that I daily
Sponsored