Sponsored

2020 Mustang at dealership waiting for paperwork

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
WOOHOO... Make sure to post some pictures when you get your new baby.
Congrats on the new car!
I wish I could trade in my '16 RIGHT NOW!
Please let us know your first impressions of the car so far, even if on 87 octane. Differences between your '16 EB?

Id burn the first tank in 2 days probably just joy riding!
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Congrats!

So what was your end deal OTD price?

How is it?

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Love it! Great color and great options! Subscribed for real world performance reports...

OP
OP
jake1164

jake1164

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange Ecoboost Mustang
Congrats!
So what was your end deal OTD price?
The MSRP was 38.8 and I got them down to 35.2, I dont remember the OTD off the top of my head because I traded in an old beater. I am sure I could have done better if I waited till they are on the lots, but I wanted the Twister Orange so here we are.

OP
OP
jake1164

jake1164

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Please let us know your first impressions of the car so far, even if on 87 octane. Differences between your '16 EB?
So I have only driven it a limited amount so far, mostly interstate.

Coming from the 16, which had no exhaust sound, the sound is much more noticeable (not bad, just radically different). When I ordered this car I even sat in a 19' and just played with the active exhaust because I didn't understand what difference it would make because the 16 was sooo quiet. The sport mode sounds decent, and I was concerned it was going to sound like an overtuned civic or something.

Since its been on freeways I really have not played with the suspension settings or steering settings much yet, maybe this weekend when I get to hit some back roads and play. I will say it has a very nice ride and in the normal mode much more comfortable than the base EB PP ride wise.

As for the engine, it feels decent but I can tell it has 87 and so its hard to compare. It does have different bands (both manual) so the 6 speed shifts about the same but this seems to pull a little longer (higher rpm), however (as stated), most of my time is on freeways where stopping and starting is not much of an option so its been hard to tell for sure.

Overall its a gorgeous replacement with more interior features.

So this weekend I am heading to Costco to swap out summer tires with A/S tires for the winter. In the spring I'll buy and extra set of rims to mount these on rather than paying to have them re-mounted twice a year. Second stop is to buy a sto n sho license bracket for the front before the new plates come in. Third stop is to buy a cueball shift knob, probably in black like the last.

Parting shot of my beloved 16.
IMG_20190727_113232.jpg
IMG_20170916_090359.jpg

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So this weekend I am heading to Costco to swap out summer tires with A/S tires for the winter. In the spring I'll buy and extra set of rims to mount these on rather than paying to have them re-mounted twice a year. Second stop is to buy a sto n sho license bracket for the front before the new plates come in.
If you haven’t decided on tires yet I’d would like to recommend the Michelin PS A/S 3+. Had them on my 15’ EB. Perfect for NJ winters.
Also would recommend the Craig’s license plate bracket. Mounts in the same location as the stock bracket keeping it out of harms way in bad weather.
A252DC73-37F5-4B9D-891E-79887A2DD1A5.jpeg
C3F1A2E7-4E2B-4088-8790-9F3489737750.jpeg

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
So I have only driven it a limited amount so far, mostly interstate.

Coming from the 16, which had no exhaust sound, the sound is much more noticeable (not bad, just radically different). When I ordered this car I even sat in a 19' and just played with the active exhaust because I didn't understand what difference it would make because the 16 was sooo quiet. The sport mode sounds decent, and I was concerned it was going to sound like an overtuned civic or something.

Since its been on freeways I really have not played with the suspension settings or steering settings much yet, maybe this weekend when I get to hit some back roads and play. I will say it has a very nice ride and in the normal mode much more comfortable than the base EB PP ride wise.

As for the engine, it feels decent but I can tell it has 87 and so its hard to compare. It does have different bands (both manual) so the 6 speed shifts about the same but this seems to pull a little longer (higher rpm), however (as stated), most of my time is on freeways where stopping and starting is not much of an option so its been hard to tell for sure.

Overall its a gorgeous replacement with more interior features.

So this weekend I am heading to Costco to swap out summer tires with A/S tires for the winter. In the spring I'll buy and extra set of rims to mount these on rather than paying to have them re-mounted twice a year. Second stop is to buy a sto n sho license bracket for the front before the new plates come in. Third stop is to buy a cueball shift knob, probably in black like the last.

Parting shot of my beloved 16.
IMG_20190727_113232.jpg
IMG_20170916_090359.jpg
Yeah, its got that 87 and BRAND NEW. Once you start adding the miles the difference will be more significant, Im sure.
Just make sure you add more miles soon! lol :cwl:

But damn it looks amazing! and that color is perfect
May I ask what options does the car have? I'm assuming since it had an MSRP of almost 39, its a pretty well packaged one, handling package added? if it does have handling package and you got them to lower it to 35k, thats a pretty damn good deal on a 2020.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yeah, its got that 87 and BRAND NEW. Once you start adding the miles the difference will be more significant, Im sure.

May I ask what options does the car have? I'm assuming since it had an MSRP of almost 39, its a pretty well packaged one, handling package added? if it does have handling package and you got them to lower it to 35k, thats a pretty damn good deal on a 2020.
The wheels say Handling Package. A base EB in Twister Orange, HPP, & HP stickers at $37,895. OP got a good deal on a beautiful car.

OP
OP
jake1164

jake1164

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)

Its the base ecoboost with the High Performance Package, Handling Package and Safe and Smart package (and orange color charge).
And its odd that the price sometimes shows up at 38.8 and other times 38.2..

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 9.46.39 AM.png

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Its the base ecoboost with the High Performance Package, Handling Package and Safe and Smart package (and orange color charge).
And its odd that the price sometimes shows up at 38.8 and other times 38.2..

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 9.46.39 AM.png
Congrats man! Dont let others tell you that for that money you could have gotten a '19 GT (silly argument).
Enjoy it! and give us some weekly reports on how its performing! :clap::like:

Sponsored
OP
OP
jake1164

jake1164

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Congrats man! Dont let others tell you that for that money you could have gotten a '19 GT (silly argument).
Enjoy it! and give us some weekly reports on how its performing! :clap::like:
Yeah by time I started adding the required features the price of the "base GT" started going up. pretty quickly.. I wanted Sync3, handling package, PP1.. apples to apples I was fine with the EB (and not trying to explain extra $$ to my wife).

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Yeah by time I started adding the required features the price of the "base GT" started going up. pretty quickly.. I wanted Sync3, handling package, PP1.. apples to apples I was fine with the EB (and not trying to explain extra $$ to my wife).
yup, I doub't you'd be able to negotiate a 2020 GT similarly built for 35K, unless you did go for a '19, maybe 37K?
But hey, just enjoy it lol
Sponsored