Sponsored

2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
One thing I worry about is the closing of the Romeo Engine Plant, this is the only plant that builds the engines for the GT500 & GT350. It will be interesting to see what impact this will have on Shelby production. I hope the experienced teams that build these engines are able to transfer to the new plant and not take the buyout.
Someone has said the facility that builds the predator and voodoo is actually cross the street from the main facility, and may not be involved with that
Sponsored

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
So to the ones with unscheduled if you decide to no longer pursue do you get your deposit back or those who have decided not to purchase the car that has a VIN get their deposit back? I know with my dealership that I'm dealing with made me put down 5K to order but I've literally signed nothing and the receipt I got said deposit on a 2020 GT500.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
So to the ones with unscheduled if you decide to no longer pursue do you get your deposit back or those who have decided not to purchase the car that has a VIN get their deposit back? I know with my dealership that I'm dealing with made me put down 5K to order but I've literally signed nothing and the receipt I got said deposit on a 2020 GT500.
I don't think dealers will be rushing to give your money back.

I can tell you that I have two deposits in different states and (in writing) both expire in March

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I hear all the disappointment from some and yeah possibly me to but I’m a Hellcat owner and can tell you it took me a year to get my Hellcat. I ordered Sept 8th 2014 being the first one at the dealer to place an order and allocation. January of 2015 still no vin and come to find out the dealer gave my allocation away. So yeah I’ve posted this before and understand the frustration but time will pass and eventually the cars will be built but damn the waiting does suck. And I wouldn’t give up my order since who knows you may have an opportunity to sell it to someone else and or what’s the end result you get the car later instead of never.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I can tell you that I have two deposits in different states and (in writing) both expire in March
Now THAT my fellow enthusiast, calls for a,

"WHOOOOO BOY, that takes some cajones!" :-)

Seriously..my sincerest wish for the best in either case, Dev...still, mighty impressive and not something my system could handle. <bigger smile>

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Unless you ordered puke green or some other color that might be more difficult to sell, you should be able to get your deposit back. You might have to fight uphill to get it, but push comes to shove, unless you signed a document saying "non refundable" you should be able to get it back.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Your dealer is blowing smoke, all cars are on material/hold until they are not. Material hold means the plant is not ready to receive an order because the don't have the parts or capacity to build it. Base model are suppose to continue to be produced through the Winter, or until the weather prevents it. Another thing to take into consideration is the number of VINs (over a 1000) already issued that have not gone into production. Having said that, your car probably won't be made until May or later.

One thing I worry about is the closing of the Romeo Engine Plant, this is the only plant that builds the engines for the GT500 & GT350. It will be interesting to see what impact this will have on Shelby production. I hope the experienced teams that build these engines are able to transfer to the new plant and not take the buyout.
With all due respect why would you worry about the Romeo Niche Engine Plant closing down when in fact it is not scheduled to close down for some ~3 years from now and how this would impact Shelby GT500/GT350 production engines either on the short term or even the long term basis this would not be something to be concerned with?

It is my understanding that this MY year will be the last year of the GT350/R production and regardless if my information is right or wrong the ~600 employees at the Romeo Niche Engine Plant we have ample time to produce all of the engines required for the GT500 over the next 3 years regardless of what happens to the present GT350/R program.

:)

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
With all due respect why would you worry about the Romeo Niche Engine Plant closing down when in fact it is not scheduled to close down for some ~3 years from now and how this would impact Shelby GT500/GT350 production engines either on the short term or even the long term basis this would not be something to be concerned with?

It is my understanding that this MY year will be the last year of the GT350/R production and regardless if my information is right or wrong the ~600 employees at the Romeo Niche Engine Plant we have ample time to produce all of the engines required for the GT500 over the next 3 years regardless of what happens to the present GT350/R program.

The articles I read didn't mention when the plant was going to close. I took it that it's closing would be soon after watching interviews with some of the affected employees.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The articles I read didn't mention when the plant was going to close. I took it that it's closing would be soon after watching interviews with some of the affected employees.
Understood but it is my understanding that part of the new contract agreement between Ford and the UAW union the Romeo Niche Engine Plant will stay open until 2022 and after that time period Ford will offer all ~600 employees an opportunity to relocate to the new engine plant facility.

Prior to closing in 2022 this unique engine plant will have a large stock pile of 5.2 SC engines already assembled for the GT500 therefore nothing to be concerned with at this time especially on the short term!

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Why do you think Ford is handling this introduction of the Ford GT500 this way? Is this typical process for all their ordered cars or just the marquee cars? Seems like a fiasco.
Have you tried calling FAORD p
melange_x3 thanks much for the info and encouragement.

I think all of us on the Unscheduled list need a bit of luck.

I can’t imagine buying anything else like this. You give a deposit and then you don’t know when or if you get the product and nobody can tell you.
What a business model
I put my deposit in on 10/8/ 2018 on a whim but it actually worked out. Holding on ain't easy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Understood but it is my understanding that part of the new contract agreement between Ford and the UAW union the Romeo Niche Engine Plant will stay open until 2022 and after that time period Ford will offer all ~600 employees an opportunity to relocate to the new engine plant facility.

Prior to closing in 2022 this unique engine plant will have a large stock pile of 5.2 SC engines already assembled for the GT500 therefore nothing to be concerned with at this time especially on the short term!

DETROIT (AP) — The Ford Romeo Engine Plant will close in 2022 as a result of a tentatively approved contract reached between Ford and the United Auto Workers.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The scary part is how this is indicative of where these types of engines are headed, and quickly.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Decided to randomly check the website and my car VIN 0723 now says (In Production)!!! As of Friday I had a 11/18 build date! :)

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Decided to randomly check the website and my car VIN 0723 now says (In Production)!!! As of Friday I had a 11/18 build date! :)
Awesome news!

Shelby2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Whipple 2.9L, 2018 GT350, 2020 GT500 L0240
Just saw your post dirty-max so I checked 0670 as well and also In Production. When I spoke to FP on Friday I still had a build week of 11/18.
Sponsored