Sponsored

2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
What's the issue? Mine was placed right when banks opened too but is a 2020 delivery...

Msrp price?
Dealer state?
Sounds like you and JeremyPro’s dealers may not have had an allocation. They can place the order and wait and hope. But no allocation means nothing happens.
Also, a dealer with only 2 allocations is not likely to get a CFTP. My dealer had 5 allocations and no CFTP’s.
Sponsored

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Spoke with Noah and he let me know that my order, while it is there and it was an early order(II placed in July), would not be built until later next year with no plan as to when yet. Sometime after March was best estimate at present.
My dealer told me they were slated for the initial build run with his two allocations. Noah has no idea where he would get that from.
There obviously are dealers pulling rank and getting in on the early builds, I knew that going in and that's why I sought out a dealer with that initial commitment from Ford. Mine told me they were the #1 Bullet dealer last year and that's what got them the 2 allocations and the first build run of the GT500.
So much for someone not speaking the truth.

In reality its just a car and I've had plenty. I do want to enjoy a solid track car before I get too old or too lazy to earn the dumb amount of money it takes to run these at the track with any serious driving effort. Looking back I could have bought a slightly used GT2 for a little more money or a couple brand new C8's. Either way I don't want to wait at my age to enjoy what my hard work affords me.

Ford needs to be more honest with their loyal customer base and not as arrogant. Maybe its all the hype they are believing themselves or the soon to be released Ford vs Ferrari movie, either way guys and gals of Ford get real. Your cars are getting very nice compared to just years ago, but many others are still building great cars as well.

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
Sounds like you and JeremyPro’s dealers may not have had an allocation. They can place the order and wait and hope. But no allocation means nothing happens.
Also, a dealer with only 2 allocations is not likely to get a CFTP. My dealer had 5 allocations and no CFTP’s.
Or, we both have dealers that have allocations however we just would like to see our cars before summer.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Hello all. New to the site but it definitely looks interesting.
Can anyone here help me on my 500 order??? I placed the order back in early July and my dealer claims he had two allocations in the first build of the 2020's. Well it's now almost November and I have no VIN or build ETA???? Dealer seems to almost not care when I talk to him if you can EVER get the GM to pick up the phone or talk to you when you stop at the dealership. And no I don't harass the guy, I have only tried to get an update twice now since ordering.

Mine is an Orange with top and side stripes with CFTP and no electronics package.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
I heard that this is the last week for CFTP car production until next year.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Chairman,
Noah confirmed my order is in the system but there is no proposed date yet for build, he is told March to April we may see built dates for those orders (and VINs), but right now it sounds like a best guess. Not his fault, he is extremely helpful.

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Hello all. New to the site but it definitely looks interesting.
Can anyone here help me on my 500 order??? I placed the order back in early July and my dealer claims he had two allocations in the first build of the 2020's. Well it's now almost November and I have no VIN or build ETA???? Dealer seems to almost not care when I talk to him if you can EVER get the GM to pick up the phone or talk to you when you stop at the dealership. And no I don't harass the guy, I have only tried to get an update twice now since ordering.

Mine is an Orange with top and side stripes with CFTP and no electronics package.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
Hey Jeremy, I am in the same boat as you with the same color car on order. I get little to no response from the owner of my dealer but I did call Ford Performance and Noah did confirm that my order is in the system.

Unfortunately, only 1/3 of the 5,000 2020 GT500s currently have VINs and a build date. Meaning that most of us are just playing the waiting game, some of us better then others.

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Spoke with Noah and he let me know that my order, while it is there and it was an early order(II placed in July), would not be built until later next year with no plan as to when yet. Sometime after March was best estimate at present.
My dealer told me they were slated for the initial build run with his two allocations. Noah has no idea where he would get that from.
There obviously are dealers pulling rank and getting in on the early builds, I knew that going in and that's why I sought out a dealer with that initial commitment from Ford. Mine told me they were the #1 Bullet dealer last year and that's what got them the 2 allocations and the first build run of the GT500.
So much for someone not speaking the truth.

In reality its just a car and I've had plenty. I do want to enjoy a solid track car before I get too old or too lazy to earn the dumb amount of money it takes to run these at the track with any serious driving effort. Looking back I could have bought a slightly used GT2 for a little more money or a couple brand new C8's. Either way I don't want to wait at my age to enjoy what my hard work affords me.

Ford needs to be more honest with their loyal customer base and not as arrogant. Maybe its all the hype they are believing themselves or the soon to be released Ford vs Ferrari movie, either way guys and gals of Ford get real. Your cars are getting very nice compared to just years ago, but many others are still building great cars as well.
Getting an honest answer from your dealer is harder then pulling teeth ( I should know). I think the reps are not being straight forward with the dealers. I was told after I placed my deposit in august the order would go in first of September, Then I was told not till December then not till January, Then I canceled and found a better deal. Now I will wait like everyone else and hope I get a car in 2020.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Chris: For reference, I used Earl's list and compared all the "Body Shop" to Trim Line (or elsewhere,) entries and I saw a whole range of times..three days all the way up to twelve days. There really is no predicting, you just have to keep checking the data dump site (if you're running the Firefox browser, that is.)

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Last edited: