2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
My status changed to received at junction point. Anyone have any info on that portion? Many thanks.
Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
My status changed to received at junction point. Anyone have any info on that portion? Many thanks.
Need to get your rail car number from your dealer to track what junction point it’s at.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Need to get your rail car number from your dealer to track what junction point it’s at.
I asked him yesterday but said it would be Monday before he could give me any information. In which case I’ll reach out Noah first thing tomorrow. Thank you.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I thought long and hard this time but decided to go with Rapid Red. I'm still envious of the Oxford White owners-to-be, though. :-)
I was Rapid Red but called the dealer and changed after spending time in a friend's '19 ZR1 that was white with a black roof. A really clean combination.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
This tells you what it means, but not where it is.

Received at Junction Point
The railcar/vehicle has been received by another railcar carrier at a rail junction point. The carrier name displays in parenthesis..

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Congrats again, Kristie!

Looks like fkranger is the current record holder for shortest time from shipped to delivered at 4 days. The average on the few data points I have is about 12 days.

Also looks like the October cars are running about twenty-eight days longer than the post-October cars.

Average time in limbo since "Produced" for the October bunch is 43 days...the others are at 23.

Average time from Released to Shipped is running between 3-4 days for both groups.

And now you know the rest of the story...or not. <grin> Sure do miss listening to that guy.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out of boredom I have continued to try to track via railcar. When I call the automated number Earl provided and enter in the appropriate data I always get the same thing, gibberish. The car number my dealer provided is legit but the host site I call hasn't updated the railcar's location. I looked at various railway websites (as much as mine is supposed to be on Canadian National Railways) figuring I could register and track. They make it near impossible and expect you to be a customer and understand their lingo. I was able to register at Norfolk Southern's website and after a few days of waiting I was forwarded a user ID and password. They still make it difficult to log in and if you are successful you have to guess at much of the verbage. Google searches add to the confusion. After spending some time logged into Norfolk's site I had some limited success. I found a page that let me enter in my car number, ETTX801810. This popped up...

z Norfolk Southern ETTX801810.JPG

I learned that ETTX is part of a railcar fleet operated by TTX from the list here. You may find yours here as well.
http://trn.trains.com/railroads/abcs-of-railroading/2006/05/railroad-reporting-marks

TTX says that...

Most of TTX’s automotive flatcars are either bi-levels initialed TTGX for carrying larger vehicles such as SUV’s and light trucks, tri-levels initialed ETTX for handling smaller passenger cars, or CTTX marks incorporating a convertible deck design. The cars are fully enclosed with end doors to protect the cargo. Typically, the railroads own the rack structure and TTX provides the underlying flatcar.
https://www.ttx.com/about/equipment/

I don't know what the "L/E" heading stands for but apparently I'm L.:)
Current location...I can't figure out what CFTNH.SC means but it shows in Missouri and that's where my dealer is so everything makes sense so far.
"Last Event Code" of DFLC...I found one reference of "Departed from location." A poor acronym if correct.
Date & Time...looks to be fairly current.
Destination "VOLMIXCT, MO" stands for the Voltz mixing center or yard in Kansas City, MO.
http://www.loadmatch.com/directory/company_detail.cfm?companyID=6139
Train 181D307...can't find anything on the train itself.

In essence, a bit complicated. I'll keep checking as I'm trying hard to not bother my dealer to death.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
E: Sounds like you've done a whole lot more than just your homework...WOW. That's some digging, dude.

My guess is, the major problem is security of RR info after 9/11, just like the power grid, Internet lines, etc., all beefed up. No surprise they're coding to prevent untrained eyes from knowing.

Hope it gets there soon though...

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the same sense about security throughout. Every rail company makes it a bit of a struggle.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Actually I feel kind of relived that the tracking system no longer works, I wasn't looking forward to getting up every couple of hours to track my car. It made me very unpopular around the house.:frown:

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Under 10 days until the scheduled 12/16 build date, I wonder if I will get pushed back again. Anything new maybe Snoopy you notice?

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Under 10 days until the scheduled 12/16 build date, I wonder if I will get pushed back again. Anything new maybe Snoopy you notice?
There were about 20+ VINs the went into Sent to Plant this weekend, so I think your good to go.
At this time, there are 46 cars with a status of "In Production" "Sent to Plant".
Sponsored