jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Never noticed the bottom date, mine says 11/27 today, my first one said 11/04? Interesting.
I’m jealous of you guys that actually have a dump site that changes!!

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Nobody owes me a favor, but that won't stop me from owing somebody else one!!!

On our wedding day, my wife acknowledge my dream of one day owning a Mustang and gave permission to buy said Mustang, but the catch as I latter discover was that she did not say when. As the years of marriage past, My wife was reminded that said Mustang was going to be more expensive the longer I was forced to wait, as I had't told her which one she was to eventually allow me to purchase.... And here we are, happily married for 10 years with 2 kids, I'm now 40, and Ford is producing the greatest Mustang EVER!

I know some members have connections with/at Ford that I certainly do not. Assuming that nobody can get me a personal slot to visit my car as it rolls down the assembly line, I would really appreciate a picture of it on the assembly line. Anything that could be arranged would work, and yes I would buy airfare to meet any time slot available on the assembly line to take my own photo in the coming days. My goal is to have a 3 pic mural of sorts (assembly line, dealer delivery, and open road) to show my kids that dreams can come true if you put the effort in.

Being a guy originally from a small out-port community on the south-coast of Newfoundland, now living in Northern Canada (north of 62^ N, and what I believe will be home to the most northern 2020 GT 500), I have dreamed for over 25 years (maybe fantasized a little) about one day owning a Ford Mustang. Yes, the car will only see about 4 months of non storage time, and only on fair weather days given where I live.

Other than owing a member for their potential discrete gesture, I would like to offer a donation to the charity of their choice for said photo (my default charity would be the Children's Wish Foundation). Feel free to PM me, any conversations on this matter will confidential on my end.

Thanks all!

P.S. I won't distract this great discussion/thread with such a request again.

Sponsored

Captian_Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 DELIVERED, 2020 GT350, 2005 GT Premium, 2012 Fiesta, 2015 GT Premium, 2017 F150 Lariat,
Is there anyway someone without connections inside ford can get their chassis number??

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Jaime: I haven't been watching my WS but upon checking today, the date at the bottom is 11/21. But like you, I have no idea what it means or, why it was updated.
There are 3 dates on the sticker. The first two seldom change:
Top left is the “Blend Date” (When all the parts are ready for production),
Bottom right date is the date the sticker was printed for use at the factory.
Bottom left date is when the sticker was looked up/downloaded from the system. So it changes every time you look at it. Why do they do this? Beats me!
So the trick is download the sticker in its original form to a pdf file; then don’t look at it again.
If you order one from from Ford Performance via their website at a later date (like looking up a car you are buying), that lower left date will be a very current number....

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
So the trick is download the sticker in its original form to a pdf file; then don’t look at it again.
If you order one from from Ford Performance via their website at a later date (like looking up a car you are buying), that lower left date will be a very current number....
I look at the sticker probably once a day. The first date (bottom right) of 11/5/19, which was the date my car went into production, stayed the same until 11/19/19, which coincidentally was the day my cars status changed to "received - awaiting shipping". I have looked at least once every day since 11/19/19 and now the date is 11/27/19. I do not think the date (bottom right) changes every time one looks at it. Not saying the reason is relevant, just curious as to what causes it to change?

Luck O’ 7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 2020 Lincoln Aviator 2019 Ford F-250 King Ranch 2015 Ford Mustang 50th Anniv #365 Roush Supercharger 2005 Ford Excursion 1974 Ford Bronco 1955 Ford Fairlane

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I look at the sticker probably once a day. The first date (bottom right) of 11/5/19, which was the date my car went into production, stayed the same until 11/19/19, which coincidentally was the day my cars status changed to "received - awaiting shipping". I have looked at least once every day since 11/19/19 and now the date is 11/27/19. I do not think the date (bottom right) changes every time one looks at it. Not saying the reason is relevant, just curious as to what causes it to change?
I haven’t seen the bottom right date change, but it could. Maybe the original sticker got messed up and they printed a new one?
Would be interesting to see if my assessment of the three dates holds true over time. I was told of this process several decades ago and it has held (mostly) true ever since. Guess the real mystery is: Why do they even put three dates on the sticker? :crazy:

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
TC: Yep, knew about the blend date and like Jaime's, the lower right on mine has remained at the original build week date of 10/21.

Finally, the one center bottom does not appear to be the download date as I just did another d/l and the date remained 11/21. That date does not correspond to any of "the dates" for my vehicle so I don't have a clue what it means.

As to why they're even on there, again, I don't have a clue but there must be a reason or the people who built that .PDF form file, wouldn't have bothered with those data fields.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Does anyone know what the "transitDate" refers to on the "data dump" site?
That's the day it was shipped. Example: Shipment Date - 2019-11-23

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
14 days since "produced." Come on guys, let my baby go!
Mine has been completed since the 8th so I feel your pain! I'm so ready to be cruising backroads in this thing and I can't wait for us all to start sharing our driving experiences! :)
Sponsored