2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Was 10/21 your original build week? Or have you been "rescheduled" more than once? Oh, and congrats on having a build day!
That has been my original build week since the vin# was assigned middle of August, and I guess this is considered a push back since my build day is 11/1, a different week than started with.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Snoopy, is that typical? I would think Ford would be good with shipping logistics? Seems like you did the work for them.
As Snoopy mentioned that is not typical Ford service standards.

Ford strives to be good at logistics/transportation but unfortunately their hands are tied when it comes to capacity for rail cars which is the mode of transportation mostly used out of the FRAP.

For many years each and every rail company domiciled in both the U.S and Canada have had a severe shortage of rail cars therefore service can be a big issue for the longer haul moves after which time the final leg delivery is handled by an OTR auto carrier.

As an example of how good and how bad service can be in a short period of time I received 3 Shelby's in a 7 month span and all in the same calendar year with all 3 vehicles being consecutive model years.

In January 2016 I took delivery of F0077, then in April of that same year I took delivery of GR107 and then in July of 2016 I took delivery of HR019.

Obviously terrible service for the 2015 GT350, reasonable service for the 2016 R model and outstanding service for the 2017 R model.

I am still amazed that the above took place all in the same calendar year.

:sunglasses:

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
That has been my original build week since the vin# was assigned middle of August, and I guess this is considered a push back since my build day is 11/1, a different week than started with.
Look on the bright side, you have been pushed to a day not a week.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Update on my order: Called Noah @ FP little while ago and my previous scheduled week of 10/21 has been pushed back and now have a build date of 11/1.. And according to Noah this is also the day it is complete, so he mentioned I "could" see it before the 15th of the month we shall see. I assume they will have things moving fast just prior to the winter holiday breaks.
I also gave FP a call today, didn’t talk to Noah, tony I think? I think we were both were a little confused? I had/have a 10/7 week 10/9 build day. Now showing a 10/30 build day but also a 10/30 ETA delivery? Either way he did assure me it’d be built before shut down for spring. I’m good with that.

Last edited:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
My 2013 GT500 was:
Released from Plant on 01-14-2013
Received - B16 (Autoport Limited) on 01-14-2013
Shipped by Rail on 01-16-2013
Arrived by Rail on 01-24-2013 (Mira Loma, CA)
Final Delivery by Truck to Dealer on 01-26-2013.
13 days from Released to Final Delivery in Central CA.

This was not a typical delivery, I was pretty proactive and called Autoport Limited (the shipping agents at Flat Rock) and let them know about my car sitting out in the cold. They checked their records and noticed that the had just received the car and they managed to get it on a rail car and 2 days later it was moving down the tracks. When it got to Mira Loma, CA, I called the trucking company and they were able to get it on a trailer and deliver it on 01-26-2013. I lucked out on the truck, they had a trailer that was going to my dealer and it had an open space.

The truck driver even sent me a picture of my car on the trailer.

2013012595214602.jpg

Here is the route by train. Flat Rock, MI to Mira Loma, CA

Train Tracking Map.jpg
Do we know if its the same shipper, or will that info be available ? Im willing to grease the wheels a bit to get the car on the way asap

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
As Snoopy mentioned that is not typical Ford service standards.

Ford strives to be good at logistics/transportation but unfortunately their hands are tied when it comes to capacity for rail cars which is the mode of transportation mostly used out of the FRAP.

For many years each and every rail company domiciled in both the U.S and Canada have had a severe shortage of rail cars therefore service can be a big issue for the longer haul moves after which time the final leg delivery is handled by an OTR auto carrier.

As an example of how good and how bad service can be in a short period of time I received 3 Shelby's in a 7 month span and all in the same calendar year with all 3 vehicles being consecutive model years.

In January 2016 I took delivery of F0077, then in April of that same year I took delivery of GR107 and then in July of 2016 I took delivery of HR019.

Obviously terrible service for the 2015 GT350, reasonable service for the 2016 R model and outstanding service for the 2017 R model.

I am still amazed that the above took place all in the same calendar year.

:sunglasses:
Im amazed how you could swing 3 Shelbys at one time! Hats off to you!!

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Do we know if its the same shipper, or will that info be available ? Im willing to grease the wheels a bit to get the car on the way asap
I recently did a little research and tried to call, but all the phone numbers I came up with were no longer in service. It looks like that option is no longer available. I wonder if Ford is handling this internally or through a special department or the shipper only takes calls from Ford?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Im amazed how you could swing 3 Shelbys at one time! Hats off to you!!
Thanks and it was a busy time back then but had a terrific experience with these cars in spite of the very slow service for the 2015 car.

I still have the 2015 car and the 2016 car resides not far from me in Arizona and in the process of trying to buy back the 2017 R model which I sold to a great friend in PA and have attached a picture of him picking it up.

When my buddy showed up to pickup my 2017 R I was very impressed with his enclosed trailer which had a sliding platform that was able to slide out of the trailer and I just drove my car onto the platform and did not have to worry about opening my door in a tight space inside his trailer and of course once on the platform he just slide the platform into his trailer.

Also really liked the straps that secured the vehicle over the tires and not through the wheels as most 1 and 2 car enclosed trailers do. I cringe every time I see rag and strap securement through the wheels of nice cars.

Hopefully him and I can work out the details in order to buy back my old R model as I really miss HR019 a great deal and being an old guy I lust over these Base R models with ~15 items being deleted from these cars.

:)
HR019 - Trailered.jpg
Radio Block Off Plate.JPG

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
PP001: thats a great looking R, ill keep an eye out for him here in PA. I am fighting the urge of buying a 2018 R while i wait for the GT500.

Any reason you want to buy yours back instead of buying one closer to home?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
PP001: thats a great looking R, ill keep an eye out for him here in PA. I am fighting the urge of buying a 2018 R while i wait for the GT500.

Any reason you want to buy yours back instead of buying one closer to home?
My buddy lives ~100 miles South of Buffalo and just inside the PA border therefore a little ways from you but never say never.

The reason for wanting to buy this car back is that I ordered it brand new and ordered it exactly the way that I wanted it and was fortunate to get a very early build therefore this car is exactly the way that I like them.

Since I know the car so well and love everything about it I am hoping to get it back and should have never sold it to start with but I seem to sell many of my cars to great car buddies and they wanted this car a lot so will be interesting how it all goes this week.

Lastly, I only want Base R models and to find a Base R model in the desert area down here is very difficult to say the least.

Good luck with your decision on a 2018 R as you will not be disappointed in owning that car!

:like::like:

Sponsored

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Update- Called FP today and talked to Noah. He said my car has been pushed back all the way to 10/28! My original build date was 10/7, I then was pushed back to 10/14, and now 10/28. He claims this should be the last time they push these cars back and that this should be my actual final build date. Sucks I got pushed back almost a month As I was one of the earlier manufacturing dates from the start. I am curious if others that originally had mid-November build dates are going to be pushed into the spring production run because of these delays.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Update- Called FP today and talked to Noah. He said my car has been pushed back all the way to 10/28! My original build date was 10/7, I then was pushed back to 10/14, and now 10/28. He claims this should be the last time they push these cars back and that this should be my actual final build date. Sucks I got pushed back almost a month As I was one of the earlier manufacturing dates from the start. I am curious if others that originally had mid-November build dates are going to be pushed into the spring production run because of these delays.
Just checked and as of now my date is holding at 11/11, just FYI

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I think the order is still in tact.
What ive been told is it is an appearance item.

If some of the early cars are being built and others not, we can figure out what the item is.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red

If some of the early cars are being built and others not, we can figure out what the item is.
I would like to if the pushed orders have Recaro seats. But agree with voodoo there has to be a common item

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)

Only thing I can think of that could be delaying the car would be maybe the CF dash or Recaros.
Sponsored