Sponsored

2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
Anyone see this, popping catalytic converters?

Don't know where to put this but maybe Lethal Performance or even Billy J. has some information to add. Checkout the 45:30 mark.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That was rather painful to watch.
If these cars are equipped with a catalyst system that is destined to fail not long after purchase then Ford would indeed have a bit of a problem on their hands. They just got done certifying that the emission system is robust enough to meet both EPA and CARB durability standards.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I did not know it was painted by hand Tom. It would indeed make sense that it adds another time/process variable.
Any of the painted roofs for the various Mustang models that I have owned over the last number of years were not hand painted but in fact were painted by a FRAP robot at least that is what has been explained to me by workers at the FR assembly plant.

:)

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Should we be expecting a flood of the next VINs since all these cars are moving through production?

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Should we be expecting a flood of the next VINs since all these cars are moving through production?
I don't think so, there are still over 1000 VINs that have not been sent to plant.

Good news is, from what I've heard, new colors should be added at the end of the month. I don't know if the new colors will replace the current 4 or be added to them. I have no idea what colors, but I will post when I see them.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I don't think so, there are still over 1000 VINs that have not been sent to plant.

Good news is, from what I've heard, new colors should be added at the end of the month. I don't know if the new colors will replace the current 4 or be added to them. I have no idea what colors, but I will post when I see them.
What is the average production per week does anyone know or have a rough idea?

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

If its at the end of the month, that's right on schedule anyway. My Iconic silver is, as of last week, scheduled for Day of 12/2.

Hopefully any Ford insiders :cough: :cough: will see this and 1- push 5500145 to the front 2- post up/send pics of it rolling down the line
:)

maddogdday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach I, 2020 GT500, 2021 Edge
That was rather painful to watch.
If these cars are equipped with a catalyst system that is destined to fail not long after purchase then Ford would indeed have a bit of a problem on their hands. They just got done certifying that the emission system is robust enough to meet both EPA and CARB durability standards.
Thanks for the information guys, this sounds very concerning if true. Will someone be following up on this story and report back please?

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I seen this, 2 problems I have believing it. 1st he says that he “heard it form someone”, I take 2nd and 3rd hand info with a grain of salt. 2nd is, boosting engines is nothing new to the auto industry. Although two totally different engines, Roush and Shelby are boosting the crap out of 5.0 Mustangs with basically axle back systems, leaving the factory converter’s in place with no issues. Let alone, all the 1000’s of people, me included, have privately boosted engines with factory converters in place with no issues. This guy I’m sure knows a ton more about mechanics than I, but,,,, I’m not buying it.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
If their (FP) statement of how hard they tested this car is only 1/2 accurate, there is NO way this is true. This car has been tested hard for MONTHS, even years, no way one weekend in Vegas is going to be any harder, or hotter on the car than their testing. YOLO is click baiting, and it worked......people here are talking about him.

Watch this....

I have a real close friend, who is directly involved in the GT500 program, who told me in confidence that they are having problems with the carbon fiber driveshaft going out of balance, causing NVH, and therefore breaking 1/2 shafts.

Prove me wrong

EDIT: This is NOT true, it is FAKE NEWS, devised to prove my point that anyone can say they heard something, when in fact, they really don't know squat.

Sincerely,
CNN :wink:

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
..they are having problems with the carbon fiber driveshaft going out of balance,
Dang that's lousy news, Jaime but thanks for the heads up. But with that info, I don't see them shipping any time soon. <sigh>
Sponsored