2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Just another day with zero update. Not even the dealership can get an answer.

kstand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Remind me, did you special order your car, or was it dealer sold and you picked up that allocation or? There are several new ones on lots selling at MSRP. Threaten to walk? IDK. I'd be nearing the end of my good graces if I were in your position.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remind me, did you special order your car, or was it dealer sold and you picked up that allocation or? There are several new ones on lots selling at MSRP. Threaten to walk? IDK. I'd be nearing the end of my good graces if I were in your position.
I put a deposit down for a base car last December with the plan being I was their first allocation for a 2021 when they could order. They were give a late 2020 allocation so I got the 2020 allocation. It is an MSRP deal spec exactly how I want it so I cannot be mad. Just frustrated the car was produced on 11/06 and no one seems to be able to tell me or the dealership what the hold up is.

SilverCobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350R 2019 Shelby GT 350R Honda Civic Type R Audi SQ7
Houston Kid over the past years I have had multiple Ford Performance cars in Dec go into the Black Hole at Flatrock It seems they are slowing down for the Holidays and when you reach out you get crickets , Hopefully they will get back on track and get your car to its new home .

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I understand they need to have at least one full rail car headed to your destination before they will ship. With the Lincoln Continental production ending and the general slowdown, there aren’t many rail cars moving out of Flat Rock.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I put a deposit down for a base car last December with the plan being I was their first allocation for a 2021 when they could order. They were give a late 2020 allocation so I got the 2020 allocation. It is an MSRP deal spec exactly how I want it so I cannot be mad. Just frustrated the car was produced on 11/06 and no one seems to be able to tell me or the dealership what the hold up is.
I just posted this on another forum for a member that was having the same problems that you are experiencing, you're the guy with the 11/06 build date.

There are 4 cars on the list that have been waiting to get shipped out and 1 car that has been produced and has been waiting to get released for shipment since 11/06. I haven't been able to find out what's holding up the shipments. They may be waiting for inspections or the shipping companies are delayed by the virus. Remember this is MI we are talking about and who knows what restrictions are in effect that would cause the delays.

There may have been a problem during production that caused Ford to reexamine the cars built during a specific time line.

What do all the affected cars on the list that are waiting to get shipped or released have in common, they were all produced in Oct - early Nov.

The 2 cars on the list that have been shipped recently were produced after 11/17

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just posted this on another forum for a member that was having the same problems that you are experiencing, you're the guy with the 11/06 build date.

There are 4 cars on the list that have been waiting to get shipped out and 1 car that has been produced and has been waiting to get released for shipment since 11/06. I haven't been able to find out what's holding up the shipments. They may be waiting for inspections or the shipping companies are delayed by the virus. Remember this is MI we are talking about and who knows what restrictions are in effect that would cause the delays.

There may have been a problem during production that caused Ford to reexamine the cars built during a specific time line.

What do all the affected cars on the list that are waiting to get shipped or released have in common, they were all produced in Oct - early Nov.

The 2 cars on the list that have been shipped recently were produced after 11/17
Thanks for doing some digging. You are a great asset to the community. Hopefully they get it sorted soon and it ships. What is interesting is one car on here did have the same schedule as mine and has shipped.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for doing some digging. You are a great asset to the community. Hopefully they get it sorted soon and it ships. What is interesting is one car on here did have the same schedule as mine and has shipped.
Was that Edwin @BigDawg1 ?

jMB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2020 GT500 CFTP, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
If it’s any relief, I had a F550 sit at the Louisville plant for 5 weeks before it shipped and it took 2 weeks before I took delivery. My dealership was only 5.5hrs away from assembly plant. No rhyme or reason behind it. Trucking/shipping and rail are so far behind, before this COVID stuff came along. It’s sucks I waited 15 months from the time I placed my order, You will be satisfied

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
I have a schedule build for the week of 12-7-20
if that takes 15 months, I'll cancel it and order a '22

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
I have a schedule build for the week of 12-7-20
if that takes 15 months, I'll cancel it and order a '22
What is the last 4 numbers of your VIN?

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Yes and also delivered. We went into production, trim, body, and produced all on the same days.

I found 3 other cars plus bigdawg1 that were produced close to yours and have all been delivered.

One of differences between them and your car was, the were all shipped by truck.

Having said that, I think your car may be in a postion that it can't be released at this time. We may never find out what is holding up these cars.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found 3 other cars plus bigdawg1 that were produced close to yours and have all been delivered.

One of differences between them and your car was, the were all shipped by truck.

Having said that, I think your car may be in a postion that it can't be released at this time. We may never find out what is holding up these cars.
Thank you for looking into this and trying to get me some information.
I’ll just have to keep waiting.