2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
And I assume I’m still correct no adjustable strut mounts on non-CFT track pack? I’ve read conflicting info. Anyone know what it might cost for an install? Am I correct that the front needs to removed.
I spoke with Noah at Ford Performance last week and he confirmed Job 2 Base GT500’s with the handling package DO NOT include the adjustable strut mounts.

The part number for the adjustable strut mount kit is M-3050-A. I believe the cost of the kit was less than $400.00. When I spoke with Noah last week the kit was on back until early September.

Hope that helps finally clear-up the confusion regarding this package.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Aren't all strut mounts adjustable? Are you referring to the camber plates? Aren't the base 500 camber plates adjustable, but can't reach more extreme track focused adjustment ranges?

I'm certain the answer is yes.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
My 2019 GT350 had the handling package option. The strut mounts which were installed at the factory were removed by the dealer and adjustable strut mounts were installed. The set which was installed were, as you say, a more track focused set.

There has been confusion on this site regarding which cars came with the more track focused set. People have stated that Job 1 Base models had them and that Job 2 cars did as well. Based on my conversation with Noah, Job 2 Base cars do not but they can be ordered and added.

The only thing that is certain is ALL CFTP cars have the more track focused, adjustable strut mounts and the installation takes place at the factory during production of the vehicle.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You mean camber plates?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Aren't all strut mounts adjustable? Are you referring to the camber plates? Aren't the base 500 camber plates adjustable, but can't reach more extreme track focused adjustment ranges?

I'm certain the answer is yes.
The non-adjustable plates are fixed in terms of caster and camber.

The only thing that is certain is ALL CFTP cars have the more track focused, adjustable strut mounts and the installation takes place at the factory during production of the vehicle.
The wording you used is ambiguous. Job1 CFTP cars did not have the adjustable camber plates installed during production of the vehicle. Job2 CFTP cars do.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Job2 CFTP cars do.
Yet another factoid I didn't know, Tob..thanks. No doubt Ford got tired of paying the stores to install the plates and figured if they're paying folks on the line to put the car together, they might as well do that install as well. However, based on the time I saw to do the job, I wonder if those particular vehicles are pulled off to the side somewhere as they have done for other things? Inquiring minds, don'tcha know? :-)

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Status Update:

Congratulations Frank, John and Mike :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@DPGT - Shipped Convoy
Your car is on a trailer heading for your dealer.
It has probably already been delivered.

@Dmaster - Arrived Rail

Your car has arrived at the end of the rail and is waiting to be unloaded and received by a trucking company for final delivery to your dealer

@themik99 - Shipped Convoy

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

DPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
1968 Shelby GT350 Hertz,2017 Raptor,2017 Shelby GT350R,2017 Focus RS,2018 SHO,2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale
Status Update:

Congratulations Frank, John and Mike :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@DPGT - Shipped Convoy
Your car is on a trailer heading for your dealer.
It has probably already been delivered.

@Dmaster - Arrived Rail

Your car has arrived at the end of the rail and is waiting to be unloaded and received by a trucking company for final delivery to your dealer

@themik99 - Shipped Convoy

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

Congrats to all that are close or closer.

All I can say is whooooohoooo! I received pictures 730am and DPGT has arrived! Going in today or tomorrow to look her over and give the release. Will post pics when i figure that out after wrap and ceramic coating. Hands are shaking!
Still thinking about the Tomster. Wish his would hit.

Dancing babies anyone. A big thanks to Earl. Can’t say enough bud for all that you do for everyone on here.

Meant flipping Babies!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Congrats to all that are close or closer.

All I can say is whooooohoooo! I received pictures 730am and DPGT has arrived! Going in today or tomorrow to look her over and give the release. Will post pics when i figure that out after wrap and ceramic coating. Hands are shaking!
Still thinking about the Tomster. Wish his would hit.

Dancing babies anyone. A big thanks to Earl. Can’t say enough bud for all that you do for everyone on here.

Meant flipping Babies!
Thank you for your kind thoughts. Mine will be here soon enough, don't worry about me. Get over there and dive in.

DPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
1968 Shelby GT350 Hertz,2017 Raptor,2017 Shelby GT350R,2017 Focus RS,2018 SHO,2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale
you probably pay the same delivery charge as we all do

Yeah and that’s like paying for the Black roof and full boat on painted stripes that are black. Go figure.
Excited to see how this monster rates against the Speciale. Should be interesting.

Hey Tom thanks for pushing for me to enjoy. We all feel for you here and want you to get your ride.
This was one of the reasons I didn’t want to rock the boat to get mine picked up at the yard. People cannot think out of the box and get lost on what to do when in reality it should be no big deal. Burns my arsenal that it sits there. Not that you can miss it in a sea of black and white. Just terrible.
Keep the faith and live a little vicariously through us lucky ones that have theirs. I’m sure those memories will give way after a good three day trip or something.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Yeah and that’s like paying for the Black roof and full boat on painted stripes that are black. Go figure.
Excited to see how this monster rates against the Speciale. Should be interesting.

Hey Tom thanks for pushing for me to enjoy. We all feel for you here and want you to get your ride.
This was one of the reasons I didn’t want to rock the boat to get mine picked up at the yard. People cannot think out of the box and get lost on what to do when in reality it should be no big deal. Burns my arsenal that it sits there. Not that you can miss it in a sea of black and white. Just terrible.
Keep the faith and live a little vicariously through us lucky ones that have theirs. I’m sure those memories will give way after a good three day trip or something.
Yes, but there was no charge for the red headed step child treatment. Try to look on the bright side.... LOL