Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Oops it say "recieved" 6-11-2020 in production.
Sorry about that.
Sometimes the a car is released for shipment and is pulled back into the plant, Received In Production, usually it is for an inspection. It will show up as Re-Released - Awaiting Shipment after the inspection. This happened to my car.

boze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boze
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2018 Shelby GT350, 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
Sometimes the a car is released for shipment and is pulled back into the plant, Received In Production, usually it is for an inspection. It will show up as Re-Released - Awaiting Shipment after the inspection. This happened to my car.
EARL, HOW DO I "PM" YOU?

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
My Tracking Experience so far with CSX Rail Shipping Information via Phone:

My GT500, 0837 is now just a day or 2 from arriving at the rail yard in Benicia, CA as it passed through Wendover, UT/NV at 0630 hrs today. From Benicia it's just a short haul by transporter to The Ford Store in Morgan Hill, CA.

One thing I discovered is that when providing the rail car's Initials (letters) and then the numbers, it's easiest to "translate" the letters to the 2 digit number that the letter represent on a phone dial. (1st number is the position on the dial; 2nd number is the order at that position i.e. "E" is 32.....,and, yes, I had to look at my iPhone to figure out the order!) Several times I spoke the letters; and after the computer says "I didn't quite get that" 2 times they want to transfer you to a live person....which of course you don't want to do and just hang up! After changing to entering numbers instead of saying the letters, it worked flawlessly.

One thing I did notice is that after you say "Done" and hear the voice on the phone say "Load" and repeat the letters and numbers of your car, another computer voice will give the car's last location. But a few times it would "swallow" the name of the City, especially one syllable names.....and you'd have to either ask to repeat the info........or just try later in the day to find out where the car was then!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
VERY happy for you, Chief and glad you were able to maneuver their system. Four plus months different yet only less than a hundred VIN numbahs, you have the patience of Job, amigo. Fact is, while you're waiting, you might wanna start a "CSX SHIPPING INFO" thread for the folks coming along behind you. Earl did that for us with UP and it sure saved my sanity. :-)

On the UP phone deal, I found simply speaking quickly on the mobile's speaker phone worked the best. That is, until I wised up and started having them fax me the position report.

Get those cameras ready, dude! :-)

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
VERY happy for you, Chief and glad you were able to maneuver their system. Four plus months different yet only less than a hundred VIN numbahs, you have the patience of Job, amigo. Fact is, while you're waiting, you might wanna start a "CSX SHIPPING INFO" thread for the folks coming along behind you. Earl did that for us with UP and it sure saved my sanity. :-)

On the UP phone deal, I found simply speaking quickly on the mobile's speaker phone worked the best. That is, until I wised up and started having them fax me the position report.

Get those cameras ready, dude! :-)
KB,
I wasn't aware of a separate UP phone number. The CSX seamlessly continued reporting the locations , but it did add "UP" in the quote at some point...I wasn't paying attention when it started doing that.

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white

My GT500, 0837 is now just a day or 2 from arriving at the rail yard in Benicia, CA as it passed through Wendover, UT/NV at 0630 hrs today. From Benicia it's just a short haul by transporter to The Ford Store in Morgan Hill, CA.

One thing I discovered is that when providing the rail car's Initials (letters) and then the numbers, it's easiest to "translate" the letters to the 2 digit number that the letter represent on a phone dial. (1st number is the position on the dial; 2nd number is the order at that position i.e. "E" is 32.....,and, yes, I had to look at my iPhone to figure out the order!) Several times I spoke the letters; and after the computer says "I didn't quite get that" 2 times they want to transfer you to a live person....which of course you don't want to do and just hang up! After changing to entering numbers instead of saying the letters, it worked flawlessly.

One thing I did notice is that after you say "Done" and hear the voice on the phone say "Load" and repeat the letters and numbers of your car, another computer voice will give the car's last location. But a few times it would "swallow" the name of the City, especially one syllable names.....and you'd have to either ask to repeat the info........or just try later in the day to find out where the car was then!
My car left a week ago via rail. what information exactly do I need when I call the number.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
My car left a week ago via rail. what information exactly do I need when I call the number.
You will need the railcar number. You can only get this from your dealer.

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL

That’s where I am getting my 500 from. Are you local here? You’ll have to let me know how long from your car being produced was it to arrival at TFSMH.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My estimated delivery just got pushed back a month. I guess things aren't going well in flat rock.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP