2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I can’t like what I’m reading. I read and had a document about in transit damage and how long a customer had to report paint issues like 7 days from delivery. I bet Snoopy 49 knows that document as I think I posted it. Be careful and do your full inspections and I created a delivery checklist on this site that might help. I wish I had examined the undercarriage at dealership making sure they got all the bolts in etc. I have a bag of what appears excessive bolts.
Thanks. This isn't my first rodeo. I know exactly what to look for. I will ask to be left alone with the car and go over every detail.

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
An Update on 0837.....
The car still shows up as "In Transit/Arrived Rail" at trackmymustang.com although it was delivered to the dealer a week ago after 52 days in the rail yard......had a dead battery upon delivery on a flatbed tow truck;
car cleaned up nicely despite all the dirt
one of the OTT vinyl stripes was damaged in transportation; replacement ordered by the dealer
front splitter and splitter wickers installed
FPP Oil Separator will remain in the trunk as I will be using the JLT Passenger Side Separator. PM if you're interested in the FPP Factory unit.
Still waiting for a copy of the Inspection Report which was done by Ford while the car was in the rail yard
Rear shocks have been ordered and Zone Rep advised of need to expedite order...but no current ETA for them
The saga continues.........Day 409 since ordered.
Glad progress is being made. I was just in today picking up a replacement stripe for one that had a scratch on it from transport. Ran out of time to have the dealer install it as my PPF appointment is Monday but at least I’ll have pristine stripes under the PPF.

A month after delivery I am still waiting for my oil separator for my handling pack car. It was missing at delivery and still hasn’t been received by the dealer.

SPR1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2013 Mustang GT
Thanks. This isn't my first rodeo. I know exactly what to look for. I will ask to be left alone with the car and go over every detail.
I was really referencing the other gentlemen and possible deadline as per the shipment fine print and all the issues he has had to deal with. As to you I just feel your pain and I don’t like the painful process we all must go through when some of this is just plain bs. Looking forward to your photos. Next car I get I’m bringing a German shepherd to the dealership. Ah just joking as I was lucky. I live in a the country outside a smaller town in West central Illinois and dealership was a “country” dealership with some good ole boys from basically the same neck of the woods as myself. They appreciated me and I appreciated them. Now Penske they make great painted stripes for sure but this isn’t Picasso! Have a good one

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Status Update:

Congratulations James :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@IronRanger - Shipped Rail

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Who has Ford’s PDI checklist?

Since my car is getting closer, I need to create a checklist of things to insure my dealer does and more importantly does not do.

Finch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500(July 8 birthday), 2021 Ranger Tremor
Glad progress is being made. I was just in today picking up a replacement stripe for one that had a scratch on it from transport. Ran out of time to have the dealer install it as my PPF appointment is Monday but at least I’ll have pristine stripes under the PPF.

A month after delivery I am still waiting for my oil separator for my handling pack car. It was missing at delivery and still hasn’t been received by the dealer.
I too am missing the oil separator. 4 weeks today since I took delivery and can’t get any info from dealer. Really starting to piss me off.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
2020_Mustang_PDI_June(2)-page-001.jpg

2020_Mustang_PDI_June(2)-page-002.jpg

Mkeane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Do the shipping blocks just come on the CFTP?