2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

DPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
1968 Shelby GT350 Hertz,2017 Raptor,2017 Shelby GT350R,2017 Focus RS,2018 SHO,2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Meaning its in the lot Tom?
Shipped rail means it is on a train heading to its destination.

Shipped from plant doesn't mean that it is shipped, but instead relocated.

Released awaiting shipment is when you are on the Flat Rock lot waiting for a train. That was my status until some enterprising individual decided to ship my car over to another rail yard, and then my status went to in transit - shipped from plant. I guess they put it over in a dark corner over in the other lot and proceeded to forget about it.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Shipped rail means it is on a train heading to its destination.

Shipped from plant doesn't mean that it is shipped, but instead relocated.

Released awaiting shipment is when you are on the Flat Rock lot waiting for a train. That was my status until some enterprising individual decided to ship my car over to another rail yard, and then my status went to in transit - shipped from plant. I guess they put it over in a dark corner over in the other lot and proceeded to forget about it.
Let’s hope that rail yard had a rail car heading to FL.
Does your dealer have a rail car number for you?:fingerscrossed:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Let’s hope that rail yard had a rail car heading to FL.
Does your dealer have a rail car number for you?:fingerscrossed:
Nobody gets it. It is just sitting on a lot.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Status Update:

Congratulations Shanna and Mike :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@GMSLAYR - Received - Awaiting Shipment

@Mkeane - Released - Awaiting Shipment

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

EBTAGMOTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE R, 2022 GT500 PP HE, 2016 GT350BaseR
Nobody gets it. It is just sitting on a lot.
Tom,
I don't know what your situation is or what deal you have made with your dealer but have you thought about saying the hell with the car you have on order and finding another one? I just spent some time on the Ford site and there are a lot of cars out there, many with "recently arrived" on their sites. Also, I don't know what they are asking over MSRP. For example Westfield Ford in IL has a CFTP but with white stripes. Just a thought. Hang in there man. On the plus side it looks like these things are getting on lots.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I get it...and it's inexcusable.
Thank you. This car is going to need so much work...... All because?

I was the most eager and enthusiastic guy you have ever seen pertaining to this program. It has whittled me down to a nub. I'm not going to get into the big snub by dearborne, but that sort of set the stage. That was only the beginning of the struggle.

Early on, I made my deal with my dealership. When it came order day, they almost didn't honor my deal. Some wanted to flush me down the toilet for the sake of a large ADM. Key people came to my rescue, shwew, right? Wrong.

I was promised a first build cycle CFTP by my dealership based upon what they were told by the rep. I went unscheduled clean in August of '19. I was assured that a VIN would be forthcoming in the next week or two. That never happened. My order was put on a shelf.

After the new year, i did receive a VIN. Then came along Covid-19. Nobody can blame Ford for that. I certainly dont. I kept my business to myself. I asked certain key people to keep my build info to themselves. My car was produced, sent to penske, and i figured why not, lets go public. As soon as i did, the brakes came on. My car was sent to Penske, sat for 2 weeks, returned to Ford, then rejected, and then teturned to Penske where it sat for another 2 weeks. Upon return to Flat Rock, it sat around a bit and then was shipped off to another rail yard where it has sat for another 2 weeks.

I'm not going to say anymore on what I think or what could be going on. I find it strange that some cars fly right out of Flat Rock after production and are delivered in record time. Some sit. Some for a very long time. @chief_charlie just went through quite the ordeal. 45 days in a railyard? WTF Ford. How do you do this to people?

This is a 100K+ Mustang. This is a special car in Fords history. Whoever is at the wheel is sleeping and management needs to wake them up.

I've already alerted a key individual. Let's see where this goes. I have others I am about to contact and their personal contacts if need be. I strive to remain restrained and professional throughout this.

I reached out to my dealership and they were under the assumption that "shipped from plant" was a good thing. My friend here has given me a good idea of what that status means, and the fact that there is no additional tracking tells me that this thing is stranded on a lot somewhere and forgotten about.

Wow. Just wow.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Tom,
I don't know what your situation is or what deal you have made with your dealer but have you thought about saying the hell with the car you have on order and finding another one? I just spent some time on the Ford site and there are a lot of cars out there, many with "recently arrived" on their sites. Also, I don't know what they are asking over MSRP. For example Westfield Ford in IL has a CFTP but with white stripes. Just a thought. Hang in there man. On the plus side it looks like these things are getting on lots.
Not that simple. FYI - most cars that say "just arrived" or that you see on dealers websites are there as a result of automated systems. The majority of those cars are either ordered for someone already or carry a significant ADM.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Not that simple. FYI - most cars that say "just arrived" or that you see on dealers websites are there as a result of automated systems. The majority of those cars are either ordered for someone already or carry a significant ADM.
Yea, mine was listed on my dealers website for MSRP. I asked that the ad be removed. I was told, don't worry, it brings in business.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
DELIVERED! Dealership just got it and its now locked up until tomorrow when the salesman comes in and gets the paperwork started. Halfway there, Now to get it transported to me by my auto transport.

@Snoopy49 Earl Dancing Babies please!

IMG_1570.jpg
IMG_1571.jpg
IMG_1573.jpg
IMG_1574.jpg
IMG_1576.jpg

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff