Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Tomster. Have you beat. Ordered 7/2/19. Build week 9/20. Should have it by mid October =15 months. I believe there are roughly 600 Vins to be issued
Approximately 763 VINs left to issue. Assuming that 5000 are going to be issued.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Approximately 763 VINs left to issue. Assuming that 5000 are going to be issued.
I'm talking about who had the longest prison sentence at the flat rock penitentiary.

I'm also the reigning world champion for the longest time from unscheduled clean to delivered. I don't think anyone will beat my record on that one.

Unscheduled clean since august of last year.

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
I posted this elsewhere on the forum, but not getting any responses. I think the folks on this Thread are more in-tune with the CFTP Cars. Thanks in advance for your info.

Trying to determine some dimensions and ground clearances for a Carbon Fibre Track Package car. Asking for two reasons: The car is going to get transported from the dealer in CA to our home in Arizona when it finally clears it's hold at the rail yard...which was released yesterday.

The other reason is that the car will occasionally rest on a lift in my garage, and the rails for the lift have front wheel stops and side support gussets on the outside edges...which may impact the wheels and tires.

Would appreciate knowing:
What is the ground clearance of the front splitter for a CFTP car with OEM tires?

What is the ground clearance for the splitter wickers when attached to the sides of the front splitter?

What is the width of the splitter wickers from outside edge on the driver's side to the passenger side?

What is the distance from outside edge of the L/F tire to the outside edge of the L/F tire.

DPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
1968 Shelby GT350 Hertz,2017 Raptor,2017 Shelby GT350R,2017 Focus RS,2018 SHO,2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale
Again, I was referring to chief charlie's 44 day stint in the CA rail yard.

No, Valet mode has a speed limit, but no rpm limit. A person can still have a hell of a time in valet mode. IMHO, valet mode is useless.

Sorry about that Tom but I see yours is on the way Congrats.
As far as Valet mode you would think they would have enough sense to limit RPM as well or are we asking too much. I probably would never Valet it but it would be a nice feature to use in other circumstances.

I bet the tuners could do it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Sorry about that Tom but I see yours is on the way Congrats.
As far as Valet mode you would think they would have enough sense to limit RPM as well or are we asking too much. I probably would never Valet it but it would be a nice feature to use in other circumstances.

I bet the tuners could do it.
I just wish there was a way to limit everything for when you drop it off to get work done. I've seen how people operate. The first thing that folks do when they start any of my cars is cold rev it. I quickly tell them to knock it off.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Status Update:

Congratulations Keith :dance::dance::dance::dance:

@Rolnlex15 - Arrived Rail

Your car has arrived at the end of the rail and is waiting to get unloaded and received by a trucking company for final delivery to your dealer.

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

Last edited:

Rolnlex15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lexus GS F Sport, 2020 Shelby GT500 FPB (Ordered)
Thanks Earl! I am working with my dealer and will let you all know when it arrives!
Status Update:

@Rolnlex15 - Arrived Rail

Your car has arrived at the end of the rail and is waiting to get unloaded and received by a trucking company for final deliver to your dealer.

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if Penske shuts down next week as well?
I don't think so, they were still taking delivery of new cars on Friday.
Your car was delivered to Penske on 07/24/2020.

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I posted this elsewhere on the forum, but not getting any responses. I think the folks on this Thread are more in-tune with the CFTP Cars. Thanks in advance for your info.

Trying to determine some dimensions and ground clearances for a Carbon Fibre Track Package car. Asking for two reasons: The car is going to get transported from the dealer in CA to our home in Arizona when it finally clears it's hold at the rail yard...which was released yesterday.

The other reason is that the car will occasionally rest on a lift in my garage, and the rails for the lift have front wheel stops and side support gussets on the outside edges...which may impact the wheels and tires.

Would appreciate knowing:
What is the ground clearance of the front splitter for a CFTP car with OEM tires?

What is the ground clearance for the splitter wickers when attached to the sides of the front splitter?

What is the width of the splitter wickers from outside edge on the driver's side to the passenger side?

What is the distance from outside edge of the L/F tire to the outside edge of the L/F tire.
1. 136 mm
2. 101 mm
3. 193 cm
4. 192 cm

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
I'm talking about who had the longest prison sentence at the flat rock penitentiary.

I'm also the reigning world champion for the longest time from unscheduled clean to delivered. I don't think anyone will beat my record on that one.

Unscheduled clean since august of last year.
How about 07-12-2019!!!

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Status Update:

@Rolnlex15 - Received - In Transit

Your car has been unloaded from the railcar and received by a trucking company for final delivery to your dealer.

It looks like Monday may be a big day for you. :like:

dancing-baby-east.gif
dancing-baby-west.gif

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)